Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Music

Music Finally, an entire forum devoted to talking about Doktor Avalanche, the drum machine for the Sisters of Mercy. You can talk about other bands, or other members of that band, too, if you want to be UNCOOL.

Old 12-08-2009, 01:11 PM   #26
Cretin Dilettante

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malice In Wonderland View Post
I don't think any of the genres he mentioned are obscure unless you've been living in a box for the past 4 years.
What I meant is minor genres with smaller fanbases. It's like you expect everyone to know the roots about them, and thus have a right to make fun of people who don't.
Cretin Dilettante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 01:12 PM   #27
Still Jack

We have, like, a right to make fun of anyone, even Gandhi.
Old 12-08-2009, 01:14 PM   #28
Malice In Wonderland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cretin Dilettante View Post
What I meant is minor genres with smaller fanbases. It's like you expect everyone to know the roots about them, and thus have a right to make fun of people who don't.
Well Groove Metal is probably the most popular form of metal at the moment what with Machine Head and Chimaira being two of the biggest names in metal.

And Death Metal is pretty well known even if it's more often as "that horrible noise."

"One mohawk wasn't enough to keep up with how badass he is so he had to get two." - Haunted House, about me, YEAH, ME!

Terror Nuclear,Terror Nuclear
Malice In Wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 01:15 PM   #29
JCC

Quote:
Well shit, man, if he came along and said "I don't know what these genres are" then I'd probably be in a position where you could tell me it is unfair to make fun of him for not knowing what the fuck he is talking about, after all, he accepted it himself. When he comes in like "YO LOOK THIS GENRE OF MUSIC IS THE MUSIC THAT I LIKE", he better know what it is, you know what I mean? After all, if I walk into a public place eating a pop tart and use it as evidence of how much I love bacon, I'm probably going to get some pretty confused remarks, am I right or am I right? Of course I'm fucking right, now stop this stupid bullshit.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 01:19 PM   #30
Cretin Dilettante

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
Well shit, man, if he came along and said "I don't know what these genres are" then I'd probably be in a position where you could tell me it is unfair to make fun of him for not knowing what the fuck he is talking about, after all, he accepted it himself. When he comes in like "YO LOOK THIS GENRE OF MUSIC IS THE MUSIC THAT I LIKE", he better know what it is, you know what I mean? After all, if I walk into a public place eating a pop tart and use it as evidence of how much I love bacon, I'm probably going to get some pretty confused remarks, am I right or am I right? Of course I'm fucking right, now stop this stupid bullshit.
Of course, I give people shit who call combichrist Industrial all the time. I give them some TG and SPK and they're like. WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS?! MY EARS! MY FUCKING EARS!!! and then they go back to listening to MSI.
Old 12-08-2009, 01:21 PM   #31
JCC

So are we really having a disagreement at all? If I had jumped down this guy's throat when he wasn't making a claim that he didn't understand, I would understand what you're saying, but as it is, telling this guy that he is stupid for feeling he is in a position to talk about something he doesn't really know about is pretty fair.
Old 12-08-2009, 01:24 PM   #32
Cretin Dilettante

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
So are we really having a disagreement at all? If I had jumped down this guy's throat when he wasn't making a claim that he didn't understand, I would understand what you're saying, but as it is, telling this guy that he is stupid for feeling he is in a position to talk about something he doesn't really know about is pretty fair.
From my understanding, the thread was about how other people label everything a "goth" listens to as screamo, and was giving examples.
Old 12-08-2009, 01:28 PM   #33
JCC

Quote:
From my understanding, the thread was about how other people label everything a "goth" listens to as screamo, and was giving examples.
He clearly said that he listened to some screamo, and then said that the examples he listed were screamo bands or associated with the screamo genre, neither of which are even remotely true, so I called him out on it. This isn't an argument worth having, man, I think you're mistaking me for part me of the Gnet 'collective' and see me as related to the attacks that other people have made on you. I'm a free agent, so don't start calling me out on perfectly reasonable things, you're starting fights you can't win.
Old 12-09-2009, 02:03 AM   #34
Anarasha

Aye. If people fuck up like that, they deserve to be called on it.
Good thing I never did that! *whistles nervously and backs out of thread*
Anarasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 08:54 AM   #35
emofucker

tanks for calling me an idiot..dooschebag!
emofucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 08:57 AM   #36
Methadrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by emofucker View Post
tanks for calling me an idiot..dooschebag!
Even if you were right, we would still call you an idiot because you certainly spell like one.

"Meow. Mew. Mrow. Maow? Miaox." - Lovely Delkaetre speaks cat.
Methadrine is offline   Reply With Quote