Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 05-16-2009, 10:43 PM   #251
PortraitOfSanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineapple_Juice View Post
This could be the most douchebaggy thing I've ever heard you say. I'm not sure just yet, but I'm thinking it might be.
Dude. That's a battle of epic proportions. I try my best to be an asshole, and if an off-the-cuff comment like that ends up as the worst thing I've said on here, I've completely failed in my efforts.

I don't hate you. Saying I hate you would be like saying I hate a dog with no legs trying to cross a busy freeway.
-Mr. Filth
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 10:44 PM   #252
PortraitOfSanity

By the way, I've given up waiting for someone to point out the sarcasm in there... Oh well.

I don't hate you. Saying I hate you would be like saying I hate a dog with no legs trying to cross a busy freeway.
-Mr. Filth
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 10:53 PM   #253
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
I'm not exactly sure what that was in relation to but if it is about the rooster on the shoulder he was raised as, and continues to be, a part of the flock, he has just always liked perching a bit above all of the other chickens so he really likes having a perch that moves about around the chickens so that he can be over all of them, he also likes to perch on the back of one of the family's dogs but not any of the others (Roger always was a bit of a special bird).
It was in regard on how chickens make good pets, chickens who just aren't socialized with humans at all tend to distrust humans (I know a farmer who doesn't interact with his chickens except for taking their eggs and feeding them, they are kinda nasty when you approach them because they aren't used to humans). For chickens that are initially raised in the house away from flocks, its common that they want to stay with the humans rather than live with the chickens, takes a little time sometimes to adjust to strangers ^_^ its all you can do though, its not a great idea to just let chicks out into a flock they weren't born in as the other chickens might want to establish a pecking order and the chicks would be too small to defend themselves. Roger does sound like a pretty remarkable rooster, I have to melt when I hear cute farm animal stories.

Turkeys are kinda similar, for people who keep them as pets you'll often hear how lots of them can be remarkably affectionate but farm turkeys just where they aren't socialized can distrust and be mean to humans, he won't tell me what happened but my ex is terrified of turkeys and think they are evil after visiting his uncle's turkey farm.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 11:20 PM   #254
Solumina

Turkeys can do some damage if they want so I can't really blame your ex, though it really does have to do with the raising of the turkey so it deserves no blame either.

Roger is an absolute doll, though he doesn't really get that, while it is okay for him to perch on the people who know him, people tend to freak out a bit the first time he tries to perch on them (and he will think it is a game if you try to run away, which is why my brother is terrified of him). He also really doesn't like to get down once he is up there, he has even perched on Sarah (one of the girls in the family) while she vacuumed.

*edit* all of the chickens are allowed in a portion of the house, Sarah was not vacuuming outside
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 03:17 AM   #255
JCC

Fuck, I take a single day's absence and gothic.net's collective intelligence sinks like a stone. There's way too much for me to quote and say "NO, SHUT UP" from all parties to even attempt such a venture.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 07:31 PM   #256
Zabijej

PETA has made the animal rights movement look like a joke.

It's perfectly reasonable to say that animals should be legally protected from abuse and neglect; and that in industries that involve the killing of animals, that it be done in the most humane way possible.

It's quite another to declare that keeping an animal as a pet is equal to slavery, that riding horses is cruel, and pass out propaganda to school children under the title "YOUR MOMMY/DADDY KILLS ANIMALS!"

http://www.furisdead.com/pdfs/mommykills.pdf
http://www.fishinghurts.com/pdfs/DaddyKillsAnimals.pdf
Zabijej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 04:28 PM   #257
Catch

The dog crying thing was... well silly and made them look like an unreliable source of information.