Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 11-25-2005, 10:31 AM   #851
Disfunction

Sounds lovely! I never tell people what I want, except this year was a request for money, because I may or may not be planning a trip to eastern Canada to see the ever-so lovely lady who has grappled my heart.

Today, so far, has consisted of eating WAY too much food. Ughhh.... I may just finish Mrs. Dalloway so I can get the jump on my research paper before Wednesday.
Disfunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 03:09 PM   #852
Gabrielle

Fun Thread!

Here's my day thus far;

Woke up and went to work. Took a super long lunch (the boss ordered pizza, very yum).
Got home, played around on the internet and signed up for this forum.
The rest of the evening should include eating dinner, walking the dogs, smokin a couple joints, watching a movie and wainting for the hubby to get home from work so I can get lucky!
Not a bad night huh?
Gabrielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 03:13 PM   #853
Gabrielle

Hey Disfunction,

I just noticed that you are from Ottawa. I live in Ottawa too! Hooray for the Rideau Canal and our fucked up government!
Gabrielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 02:30 PM   #854
tekajo

By the power of Vin, i resurrect thee.

Today. i took some pain pills. Wandered about the house aimlessly for an hour. The weather outside is a lovely gloomy gray, but still a bit too warm and humid to go out there. So i keep standing in the open front doorway. Staring out.

i finished a project i started at 2AM this morning. Piece together a computer to act as a hardware firewall using a version of Linux. Then come to terms with the notion that i do not need such a device since i am on dial-up and it will not help the narrow bandwidth out not one bit. Scrapped it.

Wrote a few lines in a story i promised to Someone.

Took some more pain pills.

Tried twice to download WinAmp5, fucking narrowband.

Have now listened to Red Hot Chili Peppers' I Could Have Lied for the last twenty minutes straight. i think five times is quite enough thank you.

As of 4:29PM that is all. What am i going to do for the next twelve hours? no fucking clue, probably play Diablo II: Lord of Destruction
tekajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 09:15 PM   #855
WolfMoon

Heh, that's gonna suck DA.

Vin hope you're feeling better.

I went to work and had a mediocre day. I was feeling alot better after the ride home, though.

WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 10:11 PM   #856
ghostposts

had a ball with my kids today. My littlest is one day past her 14th birthday, and I'm still giving her little goodies. Who says birthdays have to last only one day? It doesn't have to be much, just a little perk she didn't expect. Brightens her day.
ghostposts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 07:24 PM   #857
cannibalnuns

I slept until 2:00 pm and then promptly washed. However I had got up at 10:00 am and had myself a snack. I opened the cottage cheese and I grabbed an apple and I ate each seperate. Upon finishing I ditched the plates on the counter of my coffee table. Then I went back to bed and now I resume from where I woke up at 2:00 pm. I took a shower and upon exiting the shower I used a towel to dry my body. In a methodical manner I startedfrom my head to my feet. I did not scrub nor buff away a layer of skin but patted down dry. Then using my cheap Con-air hair dryer I dried my hair with surgical precision. After that I got back into my nightly attire by sliding one leg in after the other. Then I brushed my teeth with Lemon Ice Crest, flossed and then rinsed with Listerine. The Listerine burned. Then I got dressed for bed oncemore and lounged on the couch watching movies. I recall, For a Few Dollars More, Lord of the Rings: Return of the King, From Russia With Love, Kindergarten Cop and King Arthur. So I watched movies and finally I got hungry so I fixed a large green salad with salad and pepper and almonds. Then watched a few more television shows. And wow I am telling some pretty drab stuff here. Anyway in short I ended up here oncemore.
Firmness in enduring and exertion is a character I always wish to possess. I have always despised the whining yelp of complaint and cowardly resolve.- Robert Burns
cannibalnuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 07:37 PM   #858
cyberJade

Well, today I went to this Salvadorian restaurant. The food was great, I had a typical
Salvadorian plate, which is cooked plantains, refried beans, and sour cream. I'm so full.
I'm going on a diet tomorrow...
cyberJade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 08:37 PM   #859
Surgeon Méchant De Sang

Location: In some desolate wooded area with the rest of the trailer trash.
My day started off with me posting into the wee hours of the morning, finding so many interesting subjects to comment on. I went to bed around 5:00 a.m.
I woke up around 2:00 p.m. to get ready to go bike riding with my husband. I made sure I bought along some music and some books just in case I might need to make a pit stop and take a rest. Before we leave, I hear our next door neighbor singing hymns aloud out in broad daylight. Both my husband and I agree that she has a lovely voice, and we both enjoy listening to her sing.
After wishing our neighbor well, we went to get lunch.
We sat in Cosmo Park for about half an hour eating our lunches, and watching some of the kids skateboarding. The kid in rollerblades obviously had reflexes like a cat, and lots of endurance to boot. It was really a sight to see him pull all of those tricks. He was making the rest of the kids on the skateboards seem like amateurs.
We finished our lunch, and then we got ready to do some bike riding.
My husband was impressed by my endurance, even though it's only been our second day. I did have to sit after awhile...
I didn't feel all that great after that long ride. My head and chest started to hurt, and it became a little difficult to breathe. But sitting and relaxing helped, and we were able to make it back to the truck.
After that we stopped by Famous Barr, where I eyed a royal blue eyeliner pencil. I swiped a couple of lines on my hand, and mixed it with other colors to see what kinds of end results I would have.
My husband bought up the subject of supper. Tonight it was going to be the Great Wall Chinese Buffet. I filled my plate with sushi, honey chicken/general tso chicken, two eggrolls, and two boiled eggs. He had some chicken, sushi, and boiled eggs.
I took a nap on the way home, and he woke me when we arrived at the door. As I was setting up to get ready for bed, he went outside to take the bikes off of the bike rack. During this time he was approached by our neighbor, who had made us a gift - a book of poems and drawings. I was touched, and so was he...
Then I surfed the web for a while, looking at paranormal sites, and then deciding to log on and do some more posting.

The End...
*Smile*
Surgeon Méchant De Sang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 08:45 PM   #860
AlKilyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekajo
i finished a project i started at 2AM this morning. Piece together a computer to act as a hardware firewall using a version of Linux. Then come to terms with the notion that i do not need such a device since i am on dial-up and it will not help the narrow bandwidth out not one bit. Scrapped it.

I have been thinking about this...and I was wondering: If you sold some of that extra 'puter equipment you have, could you get yourself a high-speed connection?
AlKilyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 06:01 AM   #861
edible_eye

today, i woke up feeling better. i've been sick as a rabid dog for the past 30 hours, give-or-take.

it's good to feel solid again. i've had aches and pains combined with that horrible hollow sensation throughout my body - you know, the one that threatens to liquify everything inside and shoot it out your ass in one, massive hershey squirt?

yeah. it sucks when that happens.
Old 01-16-2006, 06:49 AM   #862
PhilSmith

Today? I got up in the morning; tricky and unusual since my sleeping hours have been quite messed up lately. Did a bit of writing (co-writing a novel with Cussedness) and then threw together another Degnom's Travels cartoon. Currently chatting with Tabitha, my co-artist on the Dung Eon and Cube comic strips. Just got her line art for this Wednesday's Cube. Will probably do a bit more work on my own Linux box in a while. I've found one IDE cable. I need another, though; the box has two hard drives, a CD-R drive and a DVD-ROM... and not enough cables for all of 'em...
PhilSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 08:31 AM   #863
tekajo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlKilyu
I have been thinking about this...and I was wondering: If you sold some of that extra 'puter equipment you have, could you get yourself a high-speed connection?

Sir!? Are you suggesting i part with my most beloved Legacy Toys?

The thought has crossed my mind, but it's not really an issue with money, but availability. Ok, it's money and availability because i am waiting for cable to become available yet i do have alternatives: BellSouth DSL with complete phone bill running around $120 per month or DirecWay which is...godawful expensive and godawful horrible all around.

Someday...in the hopefully near future...Cable will arise.
tekajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 08:41 AM   #864
reachingupforair

Today I began to scan the last batch of family photo's. I worked from the oldest, 1913? we think to the newer ones. Burning cd's. The older ones needed to be cleaned up both the original hold in your hand photos (dust etc) and cleaned up digitally then sealed.
The food saver works perfectly to vaccum seal old pictures. They need to be put on top of a piece of stock card paper, Acid free, to prevent damage from bacteria and air. Burning them to cd will allow me to store the actual photos away to prevent further damage. That's my today
reachingupforair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 01:49 PM   #865
Beowulf

Talking

Almost finished writing a song, got most of the riffs, harmonies and leads etc, but cant decide on the title or what lyrics to use.... DOH !!!.
live the gods of yesterday.

Be excellent to one another !!!.
Beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 04:47 PM   #866
Manimal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beowulf
Almost finished writing a song, got most of the riffs, harmonies and leads etc, but cant decide on the title or what lyrics to use.... DOH !!!.
If you want good lyrics talk to EPS - not only is she my sex goddess but she is a wonderfully talented writer as well.
Manimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 05:13 PM   #867
tenet_2012

I slept from 10 last night until 8ish this morning (thank the sweet Earth for Ambien). Got up, spent a half hour on the toilet, took a shower and then went to the hospital.

Got back from the hospital about 2 this afternoon, sat down on the couch, fell asleep, woke-up and logged-on.

Ahh... I heart the simple, easy days.

--Geisha
tenet_2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 10:45 AM   #868
Beowulf

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manimal
If you want good lyrics talk to EPS - not only is she my sex goddess but she is a wonderfully talented writer as well.

Thanks Manimal, I`ll think about that, if I still cant think of anything I`ll talk to EPS.

The song so far has a nice egyptian theme to it !!!.
live the gods of yesterday.

Be excellent to one another !!!.
Beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 02:42 PM   #869
mollydanger

Well i just woke up after a crap nights sleep on my dads couch..
Then I went on the computa... Tring not to wake up my hungover brother who got home at some un-goddly hour this morning...
mollydanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 03:50 PM   #870
Saya

I just completed a day of four evaluations. I didn't get to sleep til three last night, and I woke up this morning at nine. I had an English in class essay at eleven, a Japanese quiz at two, Anthropology test at three thirty, and Psychology exam at seven. I am weary.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 05:06 PM   #871
tenet_2012

I got out of bed, scrounged (?) for clean undies, logged on to Gnet, posted... then I watched some Dead Like Me.

After that, I walked out of my room to find my room mate on the floor of the living room, naked. He had shit and pissed himself. All of his muscles had locked-up he was in this wierd Pompeii like pose.

I called an ambulance, then covered him up. The paramedics got here about 5 minutes after that loaded him up and left. I have heard nothing since.

That shit freaked me out. I directly proceeded to the gas station. I bought a pack of reds and a 40. I smoked most of the cigarettes already and the forty is sitting next to my screen unopened.

I am living in a surreal world right now.

--Geisha
Old 01-30-2006, 07:14 PM   #872
edible_eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santarea
... I tore my right oblique again. It's neat. It flutters when I stay still.

Aside from how cool it looks, it hurts like a bitch and means more muscle relaxers. I'm torn.
for some reason, that strikes me as funny.
Old 01-31-2006, 01:34 AM   #873
tenet_2012

Update:

Dehydration makes you feel like your dying.

My room mate was severly dehydrated, which of course, is awesome (well, it is a lot better than numerous other things that could have been wrong).

I threw away the beer and the rest of the smokes (they taste and smell horrible anyway).

All is right in the world once again.

--Geisha
Old 01-31-2006, 04:02 AM   #874
mortalitas incomitatus

i ate lots of oreos (my once a year indulgence)
i ate ice-cream
i played with my son
i backed up all my computer files to disc
i had sex with a sexy man
i bid on boots on e-bay
i purused g.net

Tenet: you threw away beer and smokes?????
WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?
xXx

*another eliter*
mortalitas incomitatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 04:06 AM   #875
mortalitas incomitatus

ok, i take that back tenet, that is fucked...the same thing happened to an exchange student living at my mums' years ago.
Nasty.
But i ask.....what is a 40?

*another eliter*
mortalitas incomitatus is offline   Reply With Quote