Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 04-17-2012, 06:40 PM   #1
Angelic Dissonance2

A dreaded day of much joy and sorrow...

My two beautiful cats are going through the fire and the flames. And one is pregnant.

I DON'T KNOW HOW TO DELIVER KITTENS!!!! D: I'm pretty sure we won't even be able to keep any...

Anyway, if I know g.netters, I know a good percentage of them love their cats. I know a few of you have been in this position before--What should I do? What if she EATS THEM!?!?!

Please help. :'(
Angelic Dissonance2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:42 PM   #2
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
She won't, but the other cat might. Is the other a male? Delivering cats may only need your help if one gets stuck. And don't let any dogs near. Even affectionate ones may lick the poor dears to death.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:53 PM   #3
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanePain View Post
Even affectionate ones may lick the poor dears to death.
I'm afraid of the answer, but I must ask how does one lick a newborn kitten to death?

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:42 PM   #4
Solumina

They are pretty fragile and tiny, an over eager dog could easily damage a newborn kitten's neck or spine.

My advice for helping your cat to have an easy delivery is pretty minimal, the last time I was around when kittens were being born was nearly a decade ago, but momma cat will do pretty much all the work, unless something goes wrong the most you should do is give her a clean, comfy place to do her thing (some old blankets or towels work pretty well, things can get a little messy so just keep that in mind). You never know when things will happen or how long they will last so it is a good idea to have a number for a vet that you can call at any hour in case something does go wrong, some vets take after hour calls but there are also emergency veterinary clinics in many areas, either would be just fine.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 06:27 PM   #5
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatus View Post
I'm afraid of the answer, but I must ask how does one lick a newborn kitten to death?
Our very maternal, loving border collie took two of one of our past cat's kittens right after birth and licked them and licked them, picked them up and took the two to her bed and kept licking them, by the time Mrs. Humane found the poor dears (we knew she was close but missed the delivery in the early morning), their noses (and ears and the rest of them) were full of doggy drool. Very possible that in picking them up she had broken bones too as Sol mentions.

We had separated the pregnant mother to a safe place, but our dog managed to climb up to the garage shelf and she was still able to reach them. No doubt she could smell what was happening in the dark of the garage. After that we kept the dogs outside. Live and learn.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:37 AM   #6
Angelic Dissonance2

I have two girl cats, and one male. As for the dog, Peanut is a Pappilon(or something similar). He's more like a cat than a dog, usually.

I don't know if the other IS pregnant, or going to be. She has been in heat recently, though.

My friend Jeffrey said he had a cat who ate her kittens, but I think mine are more well-fed than that...
Angelic Dissonance2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:47 AM   #7
*Twitch

Chances are your cat won't cannibalize. That's generally a response to either extreme stress or a lack of food. On a more positive note, congrats, even if you aren't keeping them, having piles of kittens around the house is fantastic. Even if just for a short while, that much cute and kittens can't help but lower the old bloodpressure.
Who condones this bloodlust?

-CONFLICT
*Twitch is offline   Reply With Quote