Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Music
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Music Finally, an entire forum devoted to talking about Doktor Avalanche, the drum machine for the Sisters of Mercy. You can talk about other bands, or other members of that band, too, if you want to be UNCOOL.

Old 02-26-2007, 08:58 PM   #1
Cen0bite

The Cruxshadows...

Anyone going to see them during the Dreamcypher tour? Going to see them for the first time this Thursday at Boomerz Boiler Room...if anyone's going, let me know!!!

Pinhead: What you think of as pain is a shadow. Pain has a face. Allow me to show it to you. Gentlemen, I... Am... Pain
-Hellraiser:Bloodline
Cen0bite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 02:35 AM   #2
Kraven de Sade

I just found out they were in my area a month ago. I'd love to see them perform again. If I'm lucky, they'll head back west... But I'm usually not lucky.

Kraven de Sade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 12:56 PM   #3
Pyre

Eh, there's already a post about this.
Yeah, I am seeing them this Saturday. Apparently they are hugely popular now, because tickets are almost sold out here.

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" The Bible (Matthew 7:12)
Pyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 01:29 PM   #4
Underwater Ophelia

I'm not seeing them on this tour, but I saw them at a Dracula's Ball last year; they are pretty good in concert. I'm not a huge fan of theirs, but I hugely enjoyed it.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 04:22 PM   #5
homo-adonis

anyone know if theyre coming to Florida?
homo-adonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 09:12 AM   #6
Pyre

They have at least three shows in Florida. Check out their MySpace page.
In fact, their shows in Florida are tomorrow (6th), 9th and 10th of March.

By the way, I just attended their show Saturday night. Freaking AMAZING. And I was front and center, so I saw (and touched ) a LOT of Rogue. ::snickers:: I actually grabbed his boob at one point, and my friend happened to be taking a picture at the same time, which my fingers on his chest are visible in. I hope to get the photos soon, as I didn't find my battery recharger in time to take my own camera.

I will detail the concert more when I have time. I am most definitely going to DragonCon this year just to see them. Too bad it's Rachel's (the violinist) last live performance.

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" The Bible (Matthew 7:12)
Old 03-05-2007, 01:41 PM   #7
Paigeybobert

I was going to see them in Portland a while back, but I had to be 21. It sucked, I really wanted to go.
Paigeybobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 03:42 PM   #8
Pyre

Yeah, I noticed that most of the venues they're playing in have an age limit, which is super lame. Thank goodness the Masquerade in Atlanta is all ages x.x

Old 03-05-2007, 03:51 PM   #9
Vyvian Blackthorne

OMG! ROGUE IS SEXY!!!

(typical HOT Cruxshadows fangirl shout in front)
Vyvian Blackthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 04:56 PM   #10
KontanKarite

I just saw them. There's something insanely awesome about CXS, Ayria, and Ego Likeness playing a huge version of Maralyn: My Bitterness.

Rogue hugged me. It was nice. He hugged me twice. I will be posting the pics up as soon as I get them. It was a very liberating night.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 04:29 PM   #11
Pyre

Ego Likeness didn't play at my show. It was Angelspit's last night. And, I got on stage and danced to Marilyn My Bitterness, and received THREE hugs from Rogue. I win

When I went up to meet Rogue some chick got right in front of me and cut me off from him. I said something, but she played it off. Then when she started talking to him she went into complete fangirl mode, talking high pitched and at a quick pace. It pissed me off. I hate fangirls. But, that's okay, because he autographed the notecard I had with the directions to the venue and I received two hugs: one when first meeting him, and one at parting.

Old 03-06-2007, 05:04 PM   #12
KontanKarite

Pyre...

We must now duel. Death Death Revolution style.

I managed to score pics with all three bands. It was awesomesauce.
Old 03-06-2007, 06:31 PM   #13
LegendGirl

But for two feet of snow, I would have seen them February 13th. I'm STILL not over the disappointment.

I had won two free passes to that show, and a DreamCypher CD autographed by the whole band. I was notified earlier this week that the CD will be sent to me. It doesn't make up for not seeing them, but it helps.
LegendGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 06:48 PM   #14
KontanKarite

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendGirl
But for two feet of snow, I would have seen them February 13th. I'm STILL not over the disappointment.

I had won two free passes to that show, and a DreamCypher CD autographed by the whole band. I was notified earlier this week that the CD will be sent to me. It doesn't make up for not seeing them, but it helps.
Seriously, I am deeply saddened by your loss of missing them. If you can see them, ever in the near future, go. They are amazing.
Old 03-10-2007, 05:48 PM   #15
homo-adonis

Saw them in West Palm beach Fl. Last night at The Respectable street cafe and I must say they put on a great show indeed. I highly recommend seeing them wnen they come to town.
homo-adonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 05:14 AM   #16
CptSternn

For those who couldn't make it the other night...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdXXvexoqfA
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 05:36 AM   #17
bleedingheart344

They only play the local goth club in my area, all 18+. Curses.
Old 05-09-2007, 06:19 AM   #18
Underwater Ophelia

Get a fake ID?
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 10:03 AM   #19
KontanKarite

*nods*

Wear so much make up that the fake ID could be anyone and you could get in.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
Old 05-12-2007, 10:10 AM   #20
Cyberbat

Great show. They always come and do an Irish jig in the middle of the crowd. So much fun.

I remember my first show, I sat out and talked to Rogue for an hour, and didn't even realize it was him until later!
Cyberbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 08:37 AM   #21
Countess Cain

I was supposed to see them during one of their Germany shows in August. Now I'm just going to DC in June instead. I almost cried when the Germany trip fell through...

But yeah, Cxs are awesome.
Countess Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 02:53 AM   #22
Crystal Sorrow

I want to see them so badly, but it seems theyve already passed throught the New Orleans area.. I do hope they come back!
Crystal Sorrow is offline   Reply With Quote