Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2004, 09:32 PM   #1851
CptSternn

I think we should start a thread - gawths with guns.
Old 09-02-2004, 09:45 PM   #1852
Soul_Immortal

Glad I can make you choke, TStone. As for the original....we'll see dear.

And pass that orange juice...I need nutrition...and do it before I say something weird. Hehe....that pic was taken in bad lighting in the first place, I had to do one of those "hold the webcam behind my back and hope the cursor doesn't move from the button" moves.

*drools at Stern's arsenal* Lovely.....

*Soul*

And I am glad you liked it....seems like you did....;-)
Old 09-02-2004, 10:04 PM   #1853
Soul_Immortal

I am off to bed dearies...

*Soul*

Adieu
Old 09-02-2004, 10:46 PM   #1854
AlKilyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSternn
Nice! I have a shotgun like that myself, and an older one, a couple of rifles and a handgun.

Soul...do I see what I think I see? Whew! on my 108th viewing I see now that is one of your knuckles! Rejoice in being brunette, for it is truely is the hottest hair color.
Old 09-03-2004, 03:43 PM   #1855
Maimy

Soul. Baby. *Meow*

Also: I'll, ah, cut your bangs for you, petal ... I got pretty damned good at it during the Bettie Years. (Note that the current iteration of bangs is decidedly not-Bettie, quite intentionally.) I can cut any kind you like!

Mmmm. Listen to that ... rain ...
Old 09-03-2004, 03:46 PM   #1856
Maimy

Oh, and Wolfie my beauty: kog3100 sends his congratulations.

*Kisses*

(*Not THAT kind, TStone* *Not this time ...*)
Old 09-03-2004, 04:51 PM   #1857
WolfMoon

Thanks guys.I made the skirt I was wearing that night.Daddy's ecstatic about this one.Your pics are breathtaking,Maimy.Love the toussled bangs look.Very sexy.I hope you and Tom make it through the next wave alright.If I were you Tom I'd get outta state if possible cuz it looks like FL's gonna get demolished.That is your state,yes?Guess that little slice of nirvana in yer backyard is gone,huh?Damn.

Soul,is that what I think it is?YOWZA!!
Old 09-03-2004, 04:53 PM   #1858
WolfMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSternn
That's pretty dangerous!A law talkin' guy with a gun.Love the shirt.
Old 09-03-2004, 05:53 PM   #1859
Soul_Immortal

Damn, I should post some more artwork!!

Maimy: Ok seriously, my hair is layered on the bottom and to my hips. Its thick, wavy/curly and I DON'T know the first thing about cutting bangs. I asked some advice about it because I need a change. Its something I went through, a phase if you will, when I was last pregnant with my daughter. Now I got another bundle on the way, and feel that change thing coming back.......

This post was about to get emotional, so I'll cut it here.

Congratulations WolfMoon!!!:-) I send best wishes. You made it? Thats cool, nice talent there.

Glad you liked it!

*Soul*
Old 09-03-2004, 06:47 PM   #1860
Maimy

I need to *get* my hair layerd a little. Hell, I haven't even had a trim since last November. *Sigh* (It is past my waist now, but I don't think it's to my hips. And I certainly don't have the sexy waves you do, gorgeous.)

Okay.

If you actually want advice on bangs-cutting, keep reading. If not, skip-o-rama! *Grin*

As you can't really have blunt, precise bangs like Bettie or Miss Wolfie, I'll give you the skinny on what I did for mine. I am not sure how "tight" your curls are when the weight of the hip-length is taken away, so you might actually leave an inch and a half or even slightly more "over" what you think you want the length to be, and not cut shorter until they have dried and you see how they hang naturally. I actually cut my own two days in a row, thanks to a policy of "Cut less now, I can cut more later - cut too much now, nothing I can do about it." Depending on how much "shrink" your waves or curls could create, you should leave a good bit extra.

But the technique remains the same.

-- Wet hair. Comb it out straight.

-- Cut a straight line or curve (take a look as you go - this is part of the reason to leave 'extra', so you can decide what is most pleasing) very bluntly, but pretty precisely. This is going to be the longest length you have all across, but we're going to snip into the length so the edge is not so 'hard'.

-- Section five pieces across your forehead. Two left, one middle, two right. Starting on one end, take wet hair, pull it about 40 degrees down from your forehead, and hold between your fingers so that the section is flat perpendicular to your forehead.

-- Snip one single STEEP angle outward (scissors cutting away from you) back-to-front, making sure to keep the longest piece as long as it was when you got the line you wanted on the first cut. That will still define overall length; the now-cut shorter pieces will 'soften' the line, adding different lengths within the full fringe of bangs.

-- Repeat this on the far side.

-- Repeat with two sections to either side of the middle, but cut these sections INWARD rather than OUTWARD (cutting toward the face, *carefully* of course!) - the longest pieces will not be those growing closest to your eyes, but farthest away. Alternating the directions you cut wedges into the length further 'irregularizes' the edge so it is symmetrically unpredictable and loose.

-- Repeat with final, middle, section - again cutting upward so the longest pieces are closest to your eyes.

-- Every other section is cut in the opposite angle, so you'll have a few longer pieces 'on top' and 2/3 of the longer pieces along the base of your bangs.

The whole 'softening' thing will forgive any 'mistakes' in wavy hair. It is also, for me, a conscious anti-Bettie device. When I was working the pinup thing, I had the black hair, the shorter layered cut, the extremely clean line, the curve coming down to a point in the center. It worked really really well. So well I got pretty sick of "you like Miss Bettie Page" comments, kind though they were. I don't really want to go back to The Bettie Years, but frankly bangs just flatter my face. I like them, but don't want to 'get Bettied' again on a constant basis.

Sadly, I went out last week with my wispy loose bangs, wearing NOTHING of my Bettie cosumery, and working early 80s new wave colors and makeup ideas. I managed to get Bettie'd. *Sigh* Oh well. THere are worse things, of course.

I think you'd look hawt, so if you do it you have to commit to posting a pic!
Old 09-03-2004, 06:55 PM   #1861
Soul_Immortal

Hehe THANK YOU Maimy! I need a boost, more like a get my ass in gear and do something 'bout it.

Thanks for the tips, Girlie.

*Soul*

And Yes, I WILL post a pic or two of my results:-)
Old 09-03-2004, 06:58 PM   #1862
WolfMoon

Ya know it's surprising but I don't get the Bettie remarks from anyone under 40, normally.

Congrats on your bundle, Soul!
Old 09-03-2004, 07:21 PM   #1863
Soul_Immortal

Thanks, WolfMoon:-)

And goodnight Gothic.Net,...until 9am.....

*Soul*
Old 09-04-2004, 10:15 PM   #1864
ice

At long last....
I release an actual photo of myself.
Though, as being my posting of self (great grammar, eh?), I have to mess it up for ya :P

"No - it's more like - wow, isn't enlightenment great?" - Doug Henning
Old 09-04-2004, 11:42 PM   #1865
Monsosin

cream

:twisted: I'm not beauriful enough to be on here. :twisted:
Old 09-04-2004, 11:45 PM   #1866
Monsosin

shit

:twisted: I should have mentioned, If you really want to see what I look like go to hotgoth.net. Like always Im Monsosin. If you aren't to weak in soul... go there and see me. :twisted:
Old 09-05-2004, 12:19 AM   #1867
AlKilyu

ice check you out! I cheated and inverted your pic in photoshop...you handsome devil you. Ask that girl of yours if she has a blind sister for me...
Old 09-05-2004, 06:35 AM   #1868
Suzuhara

Another picture of me.
Old 09-05-2004, 08:07 AM   #1869
ice

Hehe... I knew someone would've done that >_<

Umm, nope, no blind sister who lives in Oregon. Sorry! :P

"No - it's more like - wow, isn't enlightenment great?" - Doug Henning
Old 09-05-2004, 12:00 PM   #1870
TeapotScar

ice is a hottie.... if I knew any cat-calls I'd type them :P
Old 09-05-2004, 09:24 PM   #1871
Maimy

Ice, because I am an old woman whose uncensored responses to your photo would be inappropriate at best, I will stick with the following:

Thank you. Good to put a face to the name at last. It is a very nice face.
Old 09-06-2004, 12:57 AM   #1872
Monsosin

Girr

:evil: Either people are lazy or just don't like me here for some reason. Damn. If I made my own site what tipe of people would be there... (drifts off to a dream land) "7 hours later" damn my site would have no one, it would suck. Well Im gone for now. :evil:

"Hate me now, for I will never die."
Old 09-06-2004, 01:00 AM   #1873
Sandmanhero

huh?

What the heck was that all about? :shock:

Ice, darling. you look quite gentlemanly.
Old 09-06-2004, 01:08 AM   #1874
Suzuhara

He was crying because no one went to see his/her pictures.
Old 09-06-2004, 01:16 AM   #1875
Monsosin

fuck you

:twisted: No I was hoping that some one could help me get a pic posted on here, since I am retarded and cant figure it out on my own. The instructions arn't that easy to follow. :twisted:

"hate m now, for I will never die."
Closed Thread