Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 10-02-2009, 10:19 AM   #1676
Mir

Hey critter, ^^^ that's Duane. All talk as usual.
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 10:28 AM   #1677
Duane

Music isn't the only thing I'm working on, I'm working on several novels, a few short stories, 2 online comics, and a manga.

Besides, I have decades to do all the stuff I have planned.
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 02:50 PM   #1678
korinna5555

Target won't give me a job transfer until I've worked for them for 90 days. My 90-days-date is a week and a half after the date I had wanted to move.
I never worked out if it was Target policy or just the store I work at, but because they couldn't guarantee me a transfer even if I waited, I decided to submit the resignation form and just job hunt like crazy as soon as I move.
It's mostly just irritating, and slightly nerve-wracking. I have enough money saved up to keep myself going for about two months.. I SHOULD have something by then. *crosses fingers*
Old 10-02-2009, 03:04 PM   #1679
creature6

good luck with it all.
creature6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 09:45 PM   #1680
korinna5555

Thanks. =]
Old 10-02-2009, 09:48 PM   #1681
Solumina

Kor is there any way that you can postpone the move until you get your 90 days? Honestly in this job market it is most likely going to take more than two months, hell even if a company is interested in hiring you it can still take up to a month for them to get through the application and interview process.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 09:53 PM   #1682
korinna5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
Kor is there any way that you can postpone the move until you get your 90 days? Honestly in this job market it is most likely going to take more than two months, hell even if a company is interested in hiring you it can still take up to a month for them to get through the application and interview process.
I COULD postpone, but I also don't want to lose out on the apartment I want. Target still can't guarantee me a transfer. In fact, it's unlikely.. I would stay a bit longer if the transfer was guaranteed.

I am irritated that a herd of scene/emo kids invaded Tally Ho Theater. I DON'T WANT TO LISTEN TO Y'ALL GIGGLE AND TALK WHILE I'M TRYING TO WATCH ZOMBIES. Christ.
Old 10-02-2009, 10:10 PM   #1683
Victor "Rilvor" Leonard

Quote:
Originally Posted by korinna5555 View Post
I COULD postpone, but I also don't want to lose out on the apartment I want. Target still can't guarantee me a transfer. In fact, it's unlikely.. I would stay a bit longer if the transfer was guaranteed.

I am irritated that a herd of scene/emo kids invaded Tally Ho Theater. I DON'T WANT TO LISTEN TO Y'ALL GIGGLE AND TALK WHILE I'M TRYING TO WATCH ZOMBIES. Christ.
I really suggest you look both on the internet and go ahead and start watching the newspapers of wherever you want to move, if it's a different town/city/etc. It can't hurt to get an idea of whether or not the jobs are scarce or plentiful, hopefully the latter. It looks like you can tolerate working retail so you should be able to find something while others jump ship to avoid the incoming Holiday season. I've known many a people to quit for fear of the Halloween-Thanksgiving-Christmas trio.

But don't let Target string you along either, if you do decide to wait for a transfer. Employers will do that, just because they don't want to hire someone new.

As far as your scene/emo kids go....they'll likely get bored soon enough. That or one or more of them will get grounded or mommy and daddy will refuse to give them money. Just stick it out, they'll disappear one way or another.

In the meantime, try to imagine their faces on that of the victims or the zombies in your movie.
Victor "Rilvor" Leonard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 10:28 PM   #1684
korinna5555

I'm going to be spending most of tomorrow putting in online applications, and once I'm down there, I'll be going out every day job hunting. Should turn up with SOMETHING.

It really irritates me that Megan (the HR/manager chick) couldn't/wouldn't attempt to get me a transfer. She DID say that I could apply to the Target I wanted to transfer to, and they'd be likely to hire me because I had been recently employed by the Target up here.
Old 10-02-2009, 10:34 PM   #1685
Victor "Rilvor" Leonard

Quote:
Originally Posted by korinna5555 View Post
I'm going to be spending most of tomorrow putting in online applications, and once I'm down there, I'll be going out every day job hunting. Should turn up with SOMETHING.

It really irritates me that Megan (the HR/manager chick) couldn't/wouldn't attempt to get me a transfer. She DID say that I could apply to the Target I wanted to transfer to, and they'd be likely to hire me because I had been recently employed by the Target up here.
Well that's good. You should apply there first for sure. You know, bird in the hand and all that.

At least you've got the means to make it happen, that's good. The best things sometimes come from risking what you have.
Victor "Rilvor" Leonard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 02:17 AM   #1686
Still Jack

Great, my Grandmother obviously thinks I'm 7. She was surprised that I know what "Investigative Cardiology Department" means and that I understood all the "long words"...
Old 10-03-2009, 03:05 AM   #1687
Pineapple_Juice

Fucking Orbitz won't let me book my flight because apparently my billing address can't be verified. Even though I went on Bank of America's website and it says right there what the address is. Also, for every time it took me back and said to try again with my address, it charged me a 7 dollar service fee. And I still don't have my fucking tickets. And both bank of america and orbitz are closed right now, because apparently shit doesn't happen after hours.
I need that ticket at that specific time right now. There are three tickets left. If I don't get it I am going to flip shit. I am the goddamn maid of honor in this wedding and I swear to god I'll stuff my keyboard up the ass of Orbitz' CEO if I don't get it.
Old 10-03-2009, 08:27 AM   #1688
Mr E Nigma

Parents are probably divorcing... Waking up to loud rambunctious arguments on an almost daily basis.. Oh what fun...
Old 10-03-2009, 08:48 AM   #1689
lamp

So I just found out that this guy I kind of used to know has been diagnosed with ALS.
lamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 10:25 AM   #1690
korinna5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamp View Post
So I just found out that this guy I kind of used to know has been diagnosed with ALS.
Aw.. I am very sorry to hear that. My family lost a close friend to it, and it's ROUGH.

Mr E, I hope things turn out okay. :/
Old 10-03-2009, 01:50 PM   #1691
I_Zik

Good picture. Here's more pic's that I've uploaded. http://i590.photobucket.com/albums/s...K/SSPX0020.jpg My fingers aren't that bad, it's just having them out for the day that's the pain. I got alot done though.

"If you're a food slave long enough, you just might make it to Burger Lord!"
I_Zik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 01:56 PM   #1692
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamp View Post
I lost my grandmother to ALS, thats terrible.

Mr.E, you'll get a decoder ring the mail, all kids of divorced parents get one!
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 02:41 PM   #1693
Still Jack

One of my best friends has been diagnosed with brain cancer today. We don't know how long he's got. Another friend of mine has had a nervous breakdown because of it.
Old 10-03-2009, 02:45 PM   #1694
Ophelia's Snorkel

I'm so sorry, Jack, on both counts.
Old 10-03-2009, 04:32 PM   #1695
zerademark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Jack View Post
One of my best friends has been diagnosed with brain cancer today. We don't know how long he's got. Another friend of mine has had a nervous breakdown because of it.
Sterkte man, keep strong man.

Both my grandparents died of cancer, and the chances me, my brother and my mum will have in later age is very high. Good luck man.
3 It is not "You and me", instead it is "Me and you". At the same time "M" is capitalized.
zerademark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 04:41 PM   #1696
creature6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Jack View Post

i'm sorry to hear that .My step dad's brother passed away a few years ago .
It's a hard one to live but be strong.
creature6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 08:43 PM   #1697
SweetJane

I'm sorry to hear that, too, Jack. It's hard to have that happen to someone that close to you. I had a friend friend die last year... I'm not great for talking, but if you need to talk about anything, let me know.
SweetJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 09:34 PM   #1698
Mir

StillJack, sorry to hear that. If you want a hug, or want to go on a week long drug bender, come and see me.
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 10:33 PM   #1699
I_Zik

May your friend take solace in the fact that he knows within a certain probability of what he is going to die from. I wish we were all that lucky.

"Life's hard. Death is easy. Its the transition that gets most people."
I_Zik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 12:41 AM   #1700
Still Jack

Thanks guys...