Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 09-20-2006, 06:22 PM   #1
MissV

Hello there.

Hello there, I'm Miss V. 36 years old, have been in/around the goth scene a good (and sometimes not so good) 22 years, but was always who I am before that. I like being around others who are not intrigued or fascinated by what to me is just natural.

And on to the questions.

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)
I was recently laid off from my position as an executive assistant. It was a boring and thankless job, so I'm not heartbroken over that. So I have a lot of time on my hands right now while I seek a new job, hopefully a better, more interesting field of work.

2. Where are you from?
Born and raised in Southern California.

3. Who is your favorite author?
If forced to choose one favorite, I'd choose Charles Dickens out of many beloved authors.

4. What are your favorite films?
Too many to list, so I'll just say I'm a classic film buff, and in general I gravitate toward darker movies (imagine that), psychological thrillers, mysteries, classic monster flicks. Also, anything regarding the Victorian and WW2 eras.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?
This implies someone has the intestinal fortitude to marry me. I have yet to meet that man.

6. At your funeral?
No music. Silence. On a hill, with just the breeze and some birds singing.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?
I won't see it coming. I'll just be gone. As long as it's a good death, I suppose it doesn't matter, though.

8. What kind of casket would you want?
No casket, or a casket of natural materials which will decompose along with me.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?
Victorian underthings, striped stockings, Victorian button boots.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?
Having someone else provide for my needs was nice. I miss this right now because I'm rather broke due to unemployment setting in.

11. What's your favorite band?
The Damned has been my favorite since age 1984. I was dissappointed in their more recent recordings, however.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?
I never graduated high school. Ooooh troubled youth.

13. Why did you join?
I was looking for new forums to enjoy, hoping to find some of a darker ilk. So here I am.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?
As I've known of more than one man to go by 'Miss', I might as well be very clear. I'm female.
MissV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 06:41 PM   #2
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
A very warm welcome Miss V!

I too am a native of Southern California. I like your very classy picture with the hearse. Hope you become gainfully employed soon, but in the meantime, I hope you enjoy your visits here. There is a wide range of people from various countries and ages that provide stimulating conversation and stories, poetry, commentary etc. A little something for everyone.

I would like to get your opinion and recommendations of Orange County Goth-metal clubs, or Darkwave or whatever clubs you happen to frequent. Perhaps you even go as far as San Diego or Los Angeles?

See you around.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 08:19 PM   #3
MissV

Thank you for the welcome. I'm in San Diego. The clubs I generally go to here are De Sade and Sabbat. There is also Sin Factory (more stompy, less swirly), Underworld, and Gimme Gimme Gimme, as well as Klub Therapy, which I haven't been to in years. It's said to be pretty dead these days, but not in the fun Las Vegas way. Ascension is another club with really good music, but the venue is very small. How many goths can fit on the head of a pin? Just count whoever manages to fit on the dancefloor. I wish they'd get a bigger venue, because Robin spins there a lot, and she is just very good.

To be honest, I'm taking a break from clubs for a while, but De Sade has rarely dissappointed me musically, and Sabbat is also always good for dancing, especially when Drew, Robin or Tym are spinning. They spin enough old school to make me happy.

I would recommend my good friend Lady Noir's website socalgoth.com for info on the clubs and events in So Cal. She's been on the web from very early on. It was actually a phone line she ran for the community before the web came into more common usage.
Old 09-21-2006, 12:59 AM   #4
Immortal_Death

Psychological thrillers? Like what? Hannibal? Calvaire?
Old 09-21-2006, 01:00 AM   #5
Immortal_Death

Oh and a
BIG WELCOME!!
Old 09-21-2006, 08:05 PM   #6
MissV

By psych thrillers, I mean films that use your own mind against you to freak you out with the storyline. They don't rely on gore or action so much as letting your own imagination really scare you through what you're hearing/seeing.

You'd think I could think of a few examples. But at the moment, I'm drawing a blank.
Old 09-21-2006, 08:12 PM   #7
MissV

Sorry for the double post, but I wanted to clarify and I don't see an edit button...

Hitchcock usually falls under the category. See this article for a bit more: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_thriller
Old 09-21-2006, 08:18 PM   #8
Spectral Despondence

Welcome! ^_^ Quite an intersting profie. You make a smashing entrance
Spectral Despondence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 11:08 PM   #9
davethedarklord

So your art hide
in the darkness
of the creation.
davethedarklord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 12:49 AM   #10
Immortal_Death

Oh....Ah.....I get the idea. You mean like Red Eye? Sorry, China blocked Wikipedia...
Old 09-22-2006, 06:27 AM   #11
Slap Your Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal_Death
Oh....Ah.....I get the idea. You mean like Red Eye? Sorry, China blocked Wikipedia...
China blocked Wikipedia!? Whaaa?
Old 09-23-2006, 07:48 AM   #12
Immortal_Death

Yes it did. *tears running down*