Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 03-08-2007, 09:36 AM   #51
Delicate_Torture

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs.wes straker
the journal thing is actually quite nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by wishcat
At first this made me think of that one X-File episode, where some guy collects dead girls hair and fingernails then he turns his obsession onto living women.
But then I read about the journal thing you do, and that is pretty cool. I think that is sweet.
It started out because the first person I nursed who died (I work in palliative care, which means that all of my patients are in the process of dying...) didn't have any family or anyone with her. I think that everyone should be remembered when they have passed, so I make it a point to remember them. I'm not really sure why I take a lock of hair, but it just seemed to personalise things a lot more than just having a name written in a book.

I remember the episode of the XFiles that you're talking about, and I assure you I am not planning on building a zombie army to roam the earth and do my bidding... besides the average age of my patients is about 80, so they would be roaming the earth with walking frames and wearing depends.
Old 03-08-2007, 09:39 AM   #52
Delicate_Torture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
That's really really cool and I am extremely jealous. Where did you come by such a unique item?
From the wonder that is eBay. I'm at work at the moment so I can't pull up the eBay site, but when I get home I'll look and tell you what the seller's name was. They are an auction house and have some really great things. I collect antique crucifixes and rosary beads as well and have bought quite a few sets through them, including a tiny brass crucifix that opens up and holds a tiny glass vial that you can fill with holy water.
Old 03-08-2007, 10:49 AM   #53
LaBelleDameSansMerci

Most morbid thing... The (now empty, thanx almost solely to me) bottle of Screech on my shelf.
I have a bunch of random dead plants everywhere too cuz I can't take care of them. I cut the flowers off and hang them on my wall.
My bandaids are kinda morbid, not in the fact that I have them, but in how fast I use them up...
Other than that, I haven't had many morbid things that I've had reason to keep, I guess...
Like a tea-tray in the sky.

LaBelleDameSansMerci is offline   Reply With Quote