Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 06-14-2012, 12:02 AM   #1
BourbonBoy

Intro

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)

Currently a student for electronics and engineering at an IT school. I enjoy illustrating when the mood strikes me. I enjoy reading random stuff, be it about religion, sci-fi/fantasy, philosophy, history, etc.

2. Where are you from?
Originally a military brat, so my time was divided between Alaska and Texas. Pretty thankful I joined the army out of high school and was overseas for five out of the eight years I was in.

3. Who is your favorite author?

Hard to pin that one down, but I've enjoyed the works of Michael Moorcock, Robert E. Howard, Nancy A. Collins and Poppy Z. Brite the most out of modern authors. I've had a copy of Moby Dick for years that I have yet to pick up, maybe when I finish Moorcock's Eternal Champion series I'll pick it up.

4. What are your favorite films?

My faves have different genre's. Wizards, original Star Wars Trilogy, George Romero's Day of the Dead, Escape from New York, Road Warrior, Nosferatu (silent film version) Wir Sind die Nacht, and for cheesiness sake, the Evil Dead series

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?

#1 Crush by Garbage

6. At your funeral?

I'll probably catch crap for this but so be it, Goodbye to Romance by Ozzy and Have a Drink on Me by Pain

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?

I used to want to go up in a ball of flames, but I've seen what happens to the body when that happens so never mind. Who's to say?

8. What kind of casket would you want?

Cardboard box will be okay since I've made plans to be creamated

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?

When I was about twenty pounds lighter it was a mesh shirt with black jeans and steel toed boots

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?

Being able to let my imagination run wild and going with it

11. What's your favorite band?

Depends on what mood I'm in. If I'm pissed, I'll listen to the Scandinavian band Pain. For writing, Switchblade Symphony. For illustrating Black Sabbath, the Clash, Siouxsie and the Banshees or L'Ame Immortelle

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?

As I've said, I'm currently in an IT school studying electronics. I only have another year left before I graduate the associate's program.

13. Why did you join?

Hoping to chat with like minded people. In a military town full of rednecks and conservative Catholics I could really use some conversation with people who share similar views or can discuss things in a way to make me want to learn more rather than openly headdesk so hard I'll give myself a concussion.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?

I'm a guy

As a side note I've lurked the website on and off for years, going as far back as when Gothic Ms. Manners contributed a random article
BourbonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 12:47 AM   #2
Versus

Hi. Moby Dick is really frustrating to read because Melville goes on and on about irrelevant things.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 03:02 AM   #3
CuckooTuli

I love Moby Dick, even if I could do without the long-ass monologues on shippy things at times. Some of them are genius though, love the one about whiteness. And it's a great adventure story underneath all its Modernist pretensions.

Welcome to the site!
"Friends are allowed to make mistakes. The enemy is not allowed to make mistakes because his whole existence is a mistake, and we suffer from it. But the women's liberation front and gay liberation front are our friends, they are our potential allies, and we need as many allies as possible.” - Huey Newton
CuckooTuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:52 AM   #4
BourbonBoy

Thanks guys. I keep hearing that about Moby Dick, that it's a little long winded but worth the read. I think when I finish The God Delusion I'll start on it since I have a few books that I'm working on.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:23 AM   #5
CIRQUEFREAK91

Greetings friend! Alaska and Texas? To me that's like two extremes, right?
CIRQUEFREAK91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 11:39 AM   #6
BourbonBoy

In terms of weather, yeah. At the time the weather in Alaska where I lived averaged about -12 C on average during the daytime (which might have lasted six hours I think, I was there from the ages of 5-12). During the summer where I eventually moved to and currently live it averages about 35-40 C during the summer.
What I miss about Alaska was how little pollution there was. But then again a grizzly wondering on to the school grounds during recess tended to get old after a while.
Old 06-15-2012, 03:51 PM   #7
mindless1

I'm dying Fight Club style. lol.