Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 07-01-2013, 01:22 AM   #8301
Miss Absynthe

It's not really a rant, but anyways..

I've been compulsively obsessing over killing myself for the last couple of weeks. My therapist knows about it (and she is wonderful), and we have a contingency plan for what to do if I can't cope with it anymore.

I'm not going to do anything silly.

I'm just exhausted from thinking about it all of the time.
Miss Absynthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 03:25 AM   #8302
AshleyO

Sorry to hear that Absynth.

The thought crosses my mind a lot or some variation of my life ending. I dunno. It sucks. :-/ I hate it for you. I guess I just wish that I didn't look at life as just one big road of dread so damned much.

Best of luck to you.

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Rip off a million poor people and Wall street has no problems. " -Rebecca B
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:11 AM   #8303
Acharis

I'm sorry to hear it Aby. It's crap how that ideation sometimes takes hold and repeats itself even if it's not something that would be acted on... do you have any compelling distractions?
Acharis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 10:04 PM   #8304
Solumina

I'm sick, I have four separate injuries, and my period started today. I can either take my cold medicine or pain killers but I can't take both because they would interact, yay.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 09:42 PM   #8305
Saya

<33333 Solumina and Aby.

Absinthe, I really really really suck talking about suicide because its a big trigger for me, but extra <3333.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 02:50 AM   #8306
Miss Absynthe

Thanks AshleyO, Acharis and Saya - I've had two really good days and I think that my brain has flicked back again.. which is nice.

It was actually helpful to read your messages and know that people understand how fucked it is.

Solumina - I hope that you're feeling better soon.
Old 07-08-2013, 07:36 AM   #8307
Acharis

Yep. Fucked. I'm glad you're feeling better and hope Solumina is as well. Don't claim to know how it is for you, but right now clinical depression is kicking my arse and I'm experiencing some of the similar looped thoughts.

In no danger folks. Taking medication and seeing someone. Just feeling very shit.

Distraction is the key.
Old 07-08-2013, 06:13 PM   #8308
ape descendant

Fuck, Miss A. I'm here if you wanna pm and talk.

Same goes for you, Acharis.

Be Kind

Last edited by ape descendant; 07-08-2013 at 06:14 PM. Reason: comma
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:53 PM   #8309
AshleyO

That awkward moment when you're hanging out with someone you think is totally cool and they admit to hating feminists...

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Rip off a million poor people and Wall street has no problems. " -Rebecca B
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 08:49 AM   #8310
Acharis

Thanks Ape, I ended up assembling flat pack so for a good few hours I was deliberately focused on that. Going to find some more tasks for times like these.

Yeah, I've been there and done that Ashley O! I had something to say about that and the stealth-dudebro flounced.
Old 07-09-2013, 11:20 PM   #8311
Saya

I'm too mad to sleep, the schedule was put out and since our only full time person asked to have her hours cut back, I do have more hours, but this other girl got full time hours. She's lazy as fuck, has awful stats on the cash and badmouths our prices right in front of customers. She lives at home with her mom who pays for everything except the gas in her car, and bitches and whines all the time about how her mother has the gall to ask her to do simple things like laundry.

Meanwhile another girl who is way more productive and way easier to get along with has absolutely no hours at all. I suspect this has to do with who the supervisor personally likes.
Old 07-13-2013, 09:14 AM   #8312
CuckooTuli

Since going vegan about 8 months ago, I continue to be amazed by the number of people who take my diet as a rabid, mouth-frothing attack on their way of life, in the absence of any judgmental statements made my end whatsoever.

*animal food is offered*
"No thanks."
"Why not?"
"I'm vegan."
"Oh." *pause* "Why?"
"Ah, various reasons. Environmental, health-related... mostly 'cause I really like animals, and it just felt hypocritical to be squeeing over every dog I see in the street, while eating dead animals reared in horrific conditions for that purpose."
"YEAH BUT"

After which various reasons why I'm wrong are given. "What about the whole quinoa scandal in Bolivia? Why would you starve native people to fuel your own decadent demand?" (I've never eaten quinoa in my life.) "People have it worse than animals!" (No, they really don't. You just prioritise their suffering, partly out of egocentrism, and partly because you're working from a Judeochristian tradition that tells you all of nature exists to service your needs.) "But you'll DIE OF MALNUTRITION!" (Actually, I'm a lot more aware both of the nutritional value of my food, and by the ways in which conventional wisdom regarding nutrition have been shaped by the immense lobbying power of the meat & dairy industries.) And finally, "There are more important issues going on in the world today!" (This one overwhelmingly used by people who have no involvement with activism or volunteer work whatsoever.)

Ah well. I suppose I should just chalk it up along with "Not ALL men are like that you know!", and "Well brown people shouldn't assume I'M a racist just because some people are!" on the Your Defensiveness is Both Unwarranted and Boring list...
"Friends are allowed to make mistakes. The enemy is not allowed to make mistakes because his whole existence is a mistake, and we suffer from it. But the women's liberation front and gay liberation front are our friends, they are our potential allies, and we need as many allies as possible.” - Huey Newton
CuckooTuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 07:54 PM   #8313
kikake65

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtNap View Post
Here is the new and improved Rant Thread (with less poll action)
Thông số kỹ thuật [youtube]o0nUTN4mbg0[/youtube]

Kích thước nhỏ nhất của máy thùng đóng đai: 60(rộng) x 30(cao)mm

- Tốc độ đóng đai : 2.5giây/lần

- Lực kéo : 450N
- Loại nhựa được sử dụng : 6-15mm

- Điện nguồn : 220V, 50Hz, 320W
- Kích thước máy đai thùng kzb1 : 895 x 580 x 730

Thông số kỹ thuật máy đai thùng đóng

Kích thước nhỏ nhất của thùng đóng đai: 60(rộng) x 30(cao)mm

- Tốc độ đóng đai : 2.5giây/lần

- Lực kéo : 450N
- Loại nhựa được sử dụng : 6-15mm

- Điện nguồn : 220V, 50Hz, 320W
- Kích thước máy đóng đai thùng tự động : 895 x 580 x 730

máy đóng đai thùng carton
kikake65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 07:59 PM   #8314
Versus

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuckooTuli View Post
Since going vegan about 8 months ago, I continue to be amazed by the number of people who take my diet as a rabid, mouth-frothing attack on their way of life, in the absence of any judgmental statements made my end whatsoever.

*animal food is offered*
"No thanks."
"Why not?"
"I'm vegan."
"Oh." *pause* "Why?"
"Ah, various reasons. Environmental, health-related... mostly 'cause I really like animals, and it just felt hypocritical to be squeeing over every dog I see in the street, while eating dead animals reared in horrific conditions for that purpose."
"YEAH BUT"

After which various reasons why I'm wrong are given. "What about the whole quinoa scandal in Bolivia? Why would you starve native people to fuel your own decadent demand?" (I've never eaten quinoa in my life.) "People have it worse than animals!" (No, they really don't. You just prioritise their suffering, partly out of egocentrism, and partly because you're working from a Judeochristian tradition that tells you all of nature exists to service your needs.) "But you'll DIE OF MALNUTRITION!" (Actually, I'm a lot more aware both of the nutritional value of my food, and by the ways in which conventional wisdom regarding nutrition have been shaped by the immense lobbying power of the meat & dairy industries.) And finally, "There are more important issues going on in the world today!" (This one overwhelmingly used by people who have no involvement with activism or volunteer work whatsoever.)

Ah well. I suppose I should just chalk it up along with "Not ALL men are like that you know!", and "Well brown people shouldn't assume I'M a racist just because some people are!" on the Your Defensiveness is Both Unwarranted and Boring list...
I hear you.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 06:52 PM   #8315
Frozen_Stars

My whining:
- I'm falling in love with a gorgeous (not only appearance, he's intelligent and funny too) guy who probably doesn't like me back. I just hate that feeling, it's keeping me awake at night.
- +38 degrees Celsius outside and about +50 C in my room is way too fucking hot. Especially when I'm used to Swedish temperatures.
- Had to get rid of a friend last night because all of a sudden he turned out to be a crazy religious fanatic, trying to convert me and telling me I'm "sick in the head" because I'm "into those dark, gothic entities" (wtf?!) and that I'm "too pretty to be so morbid". What the actual fuck?! What gothic entities? Morbid? Jesus fucking wept. Oh yeah, and apparently I'm a sadist too because I'm "into those dark, destructive gothic entities like satin". o_O (yes, "satin". he probably meant "satan") ...all I mentioned to get this started was that I was in the mood to watch a good vampire film... -_- I'm not that upset over losing someone I thought was a friend, it's just that discussions with reasoning like this is pissing me off.
Frozen_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 01:54 AM   #8316
Miss Absynthe

In the last 24 hours I've deleted literally a third of my FB friends list for being racist fucks. How the everlivingfuck did I not realise that these people were like this? What the hell, people.. you are all queer activists and you can't see an issue with the bullshit you're spewing forth?
Old 07-15-2013, 03:41 AM   #8317
Acharis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen_Stars View Post

Oh yeah, and apparently I'm a sadist too because I'm "into those dark, destructive gothic entities like satin". o_O (yes, "satin". he probably meant "satan")
I own a sheeny black corset - ergo I am enveloped in the darkness of satin.
Let him know he needs an exorcist
Old 07-15-2013, 07:15 AM   #8318
BourbonBoy

You've gotta love double think MissA. Few people realize they're acting like that, and when you point it out they tend to get defensive. Sometimes I wonder if there is hope for the human race or not.

Frozen_Stars, sounds like you've been having a rough week *hugs*
BourbonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:02 AM   #8319
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Absynthe View Post
In the last 24 hours I've deleted literally a third of my FB friends list for being racist fucks. How the everlivingfuck did I not realise that these people were like this? What the hell, people.. you are all queer activists and you can't see an issue with the bullshit you're spewing forth?
But gay is the new black, the fight for gay marriage is exactly like the civil rights movement, PoC are homophobic etc etc.

Honestly I have a really hard time getting into the queer activism because of shit like that
Old 07-15-2013, 01:52 PM   #8320
ape descendant

Yeah, cause people of color can totally stay in the closet for their own safety if they feel the need.

/s

Be Kind
Old 07-16-2013, 06:51 AM   #8321
Miss Absynthe

Not to mention that it totally ignores intersectionality...
Old 07-16-2013, 07:35 AM   #8322
ape descendant

Yeah, that too.

Be Kind
Old 07-16-2013, 02:11 PM   #8323
Saya

Can I just say how much I hate packing? If it wasn't for my books I'd say I'm going to be a minimalist.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:52 PM   #8324
MissCheyenne

It has not been a good couple of weeks. Brother in law has been in the hospital with a brain bleed, stepdad has a 'lump' and is being tested for testicular cancer (will have results either today or tomorrow hopefully) and it looks most likely that I haven't got into university this year. Fuck this shit

I am your slice of pie
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:04 PM   #8325
Acharis

I'm sorry to hear it Miss Cheyenne. :-(

Rant: When people make liberal and inaccurate use of the term 'triggered'. If you do not live with PTSD you don't get to toss this around, much like experiencing normal sadness doesn't mean you are depressed.

If you do not have PTSD/Acute Stress Disorder, do not re-experience trauma in the form of nightmares/panic/flashbacks/rumination when exposed to certain stimuli or have self destructive behaviour (self harm/eating disorder) recur after certain stimuli, you are not triggered.

You are angry, or disturbed, think something is unethical, you don't like the viewpoint or feel shitty that someone is disagreeing with yours. YOU ARE NOT TRIGGERED