Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 12-31-2006, 08:26 PM   #1

Dry sin and dander

How can I help my dry skin? Hand lotion doesn't work. I think I might have exema.
What can I do about dandruff? Shampoo dries my hair out.

Thanks all!
Sorcerer of death's construction
In the fields the bodies burning,
As the war machine keeps turning
Death and hatred to mankind,
Poisoning their brainwashed minds
~War Pigs/Luke's Wall~

When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be disappointed to discover they are not it.
- Bernard Bailey
#1158374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 08:32 PM   #2
Graveyard.Crow

Dandruff shampoos can be a prescriprion from a doctor, if the situation is that serious. Those mediacted shampoos are made especially for dealing with the root of the problem. Go see a doctor.
Dry skin, get a 24 hour lotion, but don't go cheap. Ask around for something cheap but effective. It will be worth the money. For your face get night cream, and leave it on for the...night.
Old 12-31-2006, 09:08 PM   #3

All dander shampoos dry my hair out. LOL
I will try the hand lotion, though. Most of the time my hands are just as dry ten minutes after I put in on as before I put it on.
Sorcerer of death's construction
In the fields the bodies burning,
As the war machine keeps turning
Death and hatred to mankind,
Poisoning their brainwashed minds
~War Pigs/Luke's Wall~

When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be disappointed to discover they are not it.
- Bernard Bailey
#1158374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 12:06 AM   #4
Godslayer Jillian

There's nothing better for the skin than royal jelly.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 12:24 AM   #5
Graveyard.Crow

That's what you tell your doctor silly. You can try scalp masks.
Old 01-06-2007, 06:44 AM   #6
Aude Sapere

Skin: Have you tried using a moisterizer? I needed some this winter, so i got that Clearasel oxigenating stuff. Works alright, even has SPF 15.

Hair: Shampoos contain drying sulfates, so go get the shampoo you are using and look at the ingreidents list. The first ingreiediant sould be water, the second is the detergent they use. If you see anythign that begins with "Ammonium", throw it out, its one of the harshest detergents. Get a moisterizing shampoo insted of the ones for dandruff, adn make sure the detergent they use is mild. Do some research. Shampoo comapnies use detergents strong enough to clean floors, because they need the bubbles. I believe "sodium lauerth sulfate" is okay, but if you see "sodium laueth sulfate" and "sodium larly sulfate" together, throw that out too. These ingredients could possibly be irritating your scalp, and are found in cheap and expensive shampoos.

One method i read about what the COnditioner only method. you don't need bubbles to get your hair clean. Conditioner acctually had enough cleanising agents in it to wash your hair, it just takes longer to work. What you do is rinse your head with water, then apply a cheap moisterizing conditioner like v05 strawberry smoothie on every icnh of your hair, (scalp too), and leave it on for a while. Your scalp amy need to adjust to it, especially if you shampoo every day, but i tried that method for a while andit gave me great results. Softer hair and a more moisterized scalp. You just have to leave it in long enough. Good luck

What i also suggest is picking up a bottle of jojoba oil from a health food place. Its a very moisterizing oil that is verys similar to your skin and hairs natural oil. Add some of it to your lotions and conditioners and you should see an improvement. At night, add some of the oil toyour scalp for extra moisture, then rinse it off in the morning.
Aude Sapere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 09:20 AM   #7
Miss_Hazie_Lane

use castile soap diluted with 1/4 water on your hair, for your skin eurcerin is the best moisturizer ever
Old 01-18-2007, 03:57 PM   #8
PoupeeCelestia

Location: Lapiland =) quite a nice place with purple mountains and that kind of stuff...
Hahaha...whatever you do, don´t use eggs as "moisterizers"...xD
My scalp always peels off after a certain time....maybe you have that problem too =P
PoupeeCelestia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 10:06 AM   #9
Panther

Location: The middle of nowhere, on the outskirts of the boonies.
If you drink more water, it could help with skin problems. More water in your body, more water in your skin. The weather will take its toll, but the water should help both problems.

Also cutting down on things that dehydrate you (alcohol, sugar, etc.), may help as well.

When in doubt, ask a doctor.
Will we stroll dreaming of the lost America of love
past blue automobiles in driveways, home to our silent
cottage?
-Allen Ginsberg, A Supermarket in California
Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 02:02 PM   #10
Cayca

Olive oil or burdock oil massaged into scalp night before washing your hair will make your skin healthier and your hair shinier. You will probably have to shampoo it twice so it would be best if you used baby shampoo.
Cayca is offline   Reply With Quote