Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 06-29-2007, 09:40 PM   #251
Seraphynth

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten
..I forgot to mention my Court TV addiction as well. (Like Cold Case Investigations, Haunted Evidence...and Real life murder stories)
I'm addicted to that too!
Seraphynth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 10:02 PM   #252
Tha Duckman

Just about the only thing that could POSSIBLY classify me as Goth is that I wear black clothes.
Tha Duckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 12:37 AM   #253
dreamydancer

Well let's see:

I have a natural tan.

I'm not the archetypical stick thin goth chick. I'm a little chubby.

I don't own any Cure, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Sisters of Mercy, or any old school goth albums on vinyl. The only record I do have is by the Psychedelic Furs.

I have all kinds of colorful stuffed animals in my room. I like how they clash with my morbid knick-knacks, candles, and coffins.

I don't constantly dye my hair. It's already a natural black. Any further tampering with my appearance like white high lights would result with my parents kicking me out of the house.

I really like that nineties show "Beverly Hill 90210."

I don't smoke cloves. I don't smoke at all.

I’m not talented with any form of art.

Poetry is not my thing. I kind of hate discussing poetry. For example, my response to a question like: "What do you think the author was trying to portray?" Whoa, they were trying to portray something? I thought it was just a description of something extraordinarily dull and boring. There's no point in faking interest in something just so you’ll fit a certain subculture. I would just look like a pseudo intellectual. I'll take a classic novel any day of the week before burying myself in poetry.

I'm pretty ditsy.

I really like stupid indie boys.

The list goes on so I'll finish this later.

~Clan of Xymox
dreamydancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 12:40 AM   #254
Tha Duckman

Wanna make out?
Tha Duckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 12:44 AM   #255
dreamydancer

*chuckles*

I don't see how that's possible but sure I can make out with my monitor.

~Clan of Xymox
dreamydancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 03:45 PM   #256
FallingStars

I have long blonde hair.
I still sleep with a stuffed animal.
I love the Goo Goo Dolls.
My paintings are typically neither dark nor morbid,
just usually happy little landscapes that middle aged women would hang in their dining rooms.
I love metal.
I'm terrified of storms.
FallingStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 01:20 PM   #257
TLZ

Let's see... tha fact that I don't really think I am a goth?
I'm just fascinated over a lot of the culture(esp. the music and visual style)...

(What am I doing on this site anyway? Oh... now I remember, I got sick of the metal-forums.)
TLZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 03:40 PM   #258
BLEED REBELION!!!

Whats un-goth about me?????

Well lets see......I have weird al in my play list, I have never dyed my hair, ummmmmmmm...I watch sponge Bob square pants , I think leonardo decaprio was hot when he was young (or is that just a girl thing?)

" I love 4play! Its the best thing I've ever done"
- My Boyfriend
BLEED REBELION!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 04:49 PM   #259
Lapin

I don't like the Bauhaus. At all.
Lapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 05:16 PM   #260
rose.

I have all the Gilmore Girls seasons on DVD...
rose. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 05:29 PM   #261
Aaroneet

I used to watch 'Everybody Loves Raymond'.
Old 07-05-2007, 05:30 PM   #262
Methadrine

I like to watch E.R...

"Meow. Mew. Mrow. Maow? Miaox." - Lovely Delkaetre speaks cat.
Methadrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 05:36 PM   #263
Aaroneet

That used to be an addictive show, that is, before it got inhumanly graphic.
Old 07-07-2007, 12:19 PM   #264
Emerald

Oh there's plenty of UNgoth things about me...I follow Australian Rules Football and I'm a member and avid supporter of a local footy team, I love the beach and snorkelling, I wear pink lipstick sometimes, I listen to stuff like The Carpenters and AC/DC (Bon Scott era) etc.
Emerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 09:35 AM   #265
Sumerian Nephilim

I wear dark blue stonewashed jeans, a light longsleeve top or a nice shirt & black & white adidas runners. People would probably be extremely suprised if I told them I like bands such as Fields of The Nephilim, Emperor, Type O Negative, Nokturnal Mortum, My Dying Bride, Dissection, Arcane Sun, Cradle of Filth (old stuff), Joy Division, Darkthrone, Tiamat, Sisters of Mercy, Dimmu Borgir, Bowie, The Cult, Paradise Lost, Thin Lizzy & so on.
Sumerian Nephilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 10:07 AM   #266
NachtSorcier

I'm fat and hairy.

I'm a conservative Libertarian.

I like a lot of Disney movies; my favorite is The Little Mermaid, although Ursula is my favorite character. She's kind of goth.

I love Pee-wee Herman.

I hate clove cigarettes.

I've never been to a goth club, because there are none in West Virginia.

I don't have any goth friends, because there's nothing but Sp00ky Kids and Green Day "Emos" around here.

I like Bananarama.

I don't like Current 93.

I would totally fuck Joey Fatone.

Visit my online store: http://www.websofsilver.com
NachtSorcier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 11:27 AM   #267
Metabolik

I like olive green above all other colours...and i'm friends with a couple of chavs. They aren't so bad. I only hate them when they insult me.
Old 08-19-2007, 08:43 AM   #268
Porphyria

I HATE Bauhaus. Seriously, I can't listen to it for more than a couple of minutes before becoming really agitated.

I don't drink or use drugs. I used to do both casually, but stopped when I decided to have kids.

I'm somebody's mom. I know there are plenty of goth parents around, but I still get a lot of "WTF?" looks from people when they find out I have a kid.

I've been happily married for 5 years. My parents didn't make me get married because I was pregnant, either. People often make that assumption for some reason. No, we were married for a couple of years before we even talked about having kids.

I have never self-mutilated, considered suicide or been on psychiatric medication.

I don't think David Bowie is hot. He actually creeps me out a little.

I don't hate America. I'm not fond of the people in charge right now, but I'm not compelled to shit-talk everything.

I love babies, I'm nice to kids and old folks (especially the REALLY old ones who think I'm their granddaughter), I give change to homeless people and I frequently take in stray animals and find homes for them.

I can't sleep past 8 in the morning. Ever. Even if I only went to bed a couple of hours earlier.

I don't think guys look good in makeup unless they're drag queens. But I love drag queens... not in an attracted-to-them way, though. They're just cool.

I drive a red station wagon. The manufacturer calls it a "crossover vehicle," but they're not fooling anyone. It's a station wagon.

I sometimes wear flip-flops in the summer (it's fucking Florida!) when I'm running errands.

I don't have any tattoos and I don't want any.

Most of my friends are non-goths because most of the goths around here need to be euthanized.
Porphyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 09:48 AM   #269
LadyStardust

I have a Care Bear on my Purse. Wish Bear, to be exact. Then there's my Rainbow Brite t-shirt . . .

Oh, and I don't smoke. At all.
Old 08-19-2007, 07:41 PM   #270
Invisigoth69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porphyria

Most of my friends are non-goths because most of the goths around here need to be euthanized.
No offense but.... why do you think this? Just curious. Not yelling or ragging at you. I am older and I sometimes wonder about what younger people consider so-called "goth" these days. I know what it USED to be. Darkly romantic and VERY nice in my opinion.
Invisigoth69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 06:35 AM   #271
Porphyria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invisigoth69
No offense but.... why do you think this? Just curious. Not yelling or ragging at you. I am older and I sometimes wonder about what younger people consider so-called "goth" these days. I know what it USED to be. Darkly romantic and VERY nice in my opinion.
It's not that they're not "goth" enough for me or something. These people are just really unpleasant on a personal level.
Porphyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 10:22 AM   #272
Invisigoth69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porphyria
It's not that they're not "goth" enough for me or something. These people are just really unpleasant on a personal level.

Oh. I see. Well, yeah, I can see your point there.
Invisigoth69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 05:24 PM   #273
Aaroneet

What's UNgoth about me? I've never been a big fan of the Sisters of Mercy. Don't get me wrong; I respect them, but there are a number of bands I just prefer over them.
Old 08-20-2007, 05:53 PM   #274
Undead_Stagehand

Ungothness= I leech off of my brother's music collection and listen to The Decemberists.
Old 08-21-2007, 03:11 AM   #275
raggedyanne

I'm a metalhead. I have dark olive skin. My hair is sorta preppy now, and I like Shakira'a music. Oh, I'm also a dancer in the Latin division; as in Cha Cha Cha, Rumba, and Jive.
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
raggedyanne is offline   Reply With Quote