Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 03-04-2006, 02:59 AM   #1
Cold_Fire

Hello From Haunting Echoes.

Greetings =) I'm Casey, and after seeing this website mentioned several times on my own site and several "I really should wander over..." comments, I've finally built up the motivation to come over and introduce myself. All with a little encouragment from edible_eye after our unfortunate, yet fortunate meeting on my site, Haunting Echoes.

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)
I'm a part-time webmaster, part-time University student studying Business Management.

2. Where are you from?
The Land Down Under. Australia =)

3. Who is your favorite author?
Unfortunately haven't read much in the past few years besides management textbooks, though I do enjoy fantasy novels and I'm currently reading an autobiography about an Iraqi woman named Mayada.

4. What are your favorite films?
I love bad taste, lower class, cheap, crappy Australian films like Priscilla Queen of the Desert. I find them to be rather amusing. I'm also a fan of war films like Platoon and Full Metal Jacket.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?
Yes... would rather not consider that. Hoping that doesn't occur anywhere remotely in the near future.

6. At your funeral?
Corny as hell.. but I want the song Angel by Sarah McLachlan played at my funeral. My grandfather, whom I was close to, passed away last year and it's what was played at his. The song reminds me of him.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?
.... hm. I've gotten to this point in the questions and I've read back on what I've written and even I find it to be dull and it's about myself. I'm tired, I'm lazy, and this is the first time in I can't even remember how long, that I've had to post a newbie introduction on a forum. Usually I am the Administrator of them. I'm quitting while I'm ahead =) I shall answer questions on request!

8. What kind of casket would you want?

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?

11. What's your favorite band?

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?

13. Why did you join?
Cold_Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 03:16 AM   #2
edible_eye

heh. ran out of steam, huh? it happens...

welcome, casey - i'm glad you wandered on over to this neck of the woods.
Old 03-04-2006, 03:32 AM   #3
Cold_Fire

Glad to have come =) Already recognising people from HE. Small net-world, I 'spose. Or just small gothic part...

And, EVAN. I have seen your posts on other threads and I haven't seen you in forever, so you'd better give me a loving welcome here you asshole - or suffer from my womanly nagging. Ex-mods must do lots of welcoming for Casey.
Old 03-04-2006, 03:38 AM   #4

Good on ya aussie! Ya gave it your best. I'm a big fan of autobiographies too.

Australian films: Have you seen "Dogs in Space"? It's one of my all time favourites.
655322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 03:41 AM   #5
Cold_Fire

Dogs in Space? Never even heard of it! Could it be? An awesome Aussie movie that I haven't seen???
Old 03-04-2006, 03:52 AM   #6

Definately one of the best Aussie films of all time. They should have a copy at your local video store. If they don't, let me know and I'll start sending hate mail to them.
655322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 01:19 PM   #7
tekajo

It looks as though we're back around to that phase where we actually get some interesting members joining.

Welcome to Gothic.net, ColdFire. Enjoy your stay.
tekajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 01:49 PM   #8
Jane13

Hi! I definitely trust E_E's judgement ^^ You seem cool already.
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Jane13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 04:31 PM   #9
Cold_Fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by 655322
Definately one of the best Aussie films of all time. They should have a copy at your local video store. If they don't, let me know and I'll start sending hate mail to them.
I'll be sure to look for it and let you know if I liked it =) The video store I go to has a whole section devoted to Australian films. Surprised I haven't seen it there before. If they don't have it, I'll do something super rebelious like.. return a DVD a day late and skip the fine. Kidding, of course =)

And haha, thank you guys for making me feel so gloriously welcome. I haven't had to post an introduction in such a long time, I feel slightly out of my element. It's great to see other Gothic communities out there, mine is relatively new, and I have heard many good things about this site from members of my own site.