Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 01-12-2013, 03:47 PM   #1
Deadmanwalking_05

Guns are to blame.....no wait a minute....Movies are to blame....no wait a minute....

First they say guns are to blame,then they want to blame movies,books and video games for the violence that happens.

Lets see maybe there is some major link from one spree killing case to the next...hmmm could it maybe be THE FUCKING DRUGS THAT THE PSYCHOS CRAMMED DOWN THEIR THROATS?!?!?!?!

NAH' it was the fault of stuff that authoritarian control freaks don't like...nevermind the fucking inserts for the goddamned drugs list violent outbursts and increased risk of suicide as a fucking side effect!

Nah' just cram another fucking pill down your throat and ban everything then things will be all better.

FUCKING IDIOTS!!!!!!

9x29mmR : The Choice Of Millions for the last 100-107 years.
Deadmanwalking_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:13 AM   #2
AshleyO

I think the people should own guns...

So that they can militarize the workplace and maybe even put the bosses and owners of business on their own forms of trial.

So that when police go through minority neighborhoods; they actually have to consider if it's worth harassing an innocent kid for bullshit excuses. Basically an armed and militarized version of neighborhood watch.

I'm not really down with the privileged conception of gun ownership though. Fuck that.

Basically... the cops' level of force should never exceed the amount of force the people can exert themselves. If you disarm the people, then you disarm the cops and the military. If you arm the cops and the military, the people should be able to have arms capable of equal force.

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Rip off a million poor people and Wall street has no problems. " -Rebecca B
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:35 AM   #3
Deadmanwalking_05

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyO View Post

So that they can militarize the workplace and maybe even put the bosses and owners of business on their own forms of trial.

So that when police go through minority neighborhoods; they actually have to consider if it's worth harassing an innocent kid for bullshit excuses. Basically an armed and militarized version of neighborhood watch.

I'm not really down with the privileged conception of gun ownership though. Fuck that.

Basically... the cops' level of force should never exceed the amount of force the people can exert themselves. If you disarm the people, then you disarm the cops and the military. If you arm the cops and the military, the people should be able to have arms capable of equal force.
The right of self defense is with us all from birth.

It's a natural law no matter the means that are used.

Some use tooth and claw others make tools for the purpose.

The intent is still the same,to defend against great bodily harm or death.

There is no privilage about it.

Unless someone or a group makes such a privilage,and that is not any place I would want to live.

Old 01-13-2013, 05:49 AM   #4
Miss Absynthe

I'd call you a dick.

But a dick has a purpose.
Miss Absynthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:52 AM   #5
Deadmanwalking_05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Absynthe View Post
I'd call you a dick.

But a dick has a purpose.
And I would call you useless but that would imply that you had a use to begin with.

See I can go that route too.

Old 01-13-2013, 06:03 AM   #6
Deadmanwalking_05

The subject I'm talking about isn't firearms ownership,Violent music,movies,or video games.

I'm talking about the one common link for the large number of mass shooter/spree shooters,and that's the meds they were perscribed.

Not to say that they didn't have ill intent to begin with but I think that is rather evident in the actions that were taken.

The media blasting "their" respective deeds 24/7 also didn't help the matter either,some could very well say that while it might not have been the sole causation,such attention did help to direct them into some sort of fucked up game of "One-upmanship" and such was only brought to the breaking point by the side effects of the meds they were taking.

Old 01-13-2013, 06:28 AM   #7
AshleyO

So you're supporting the war on drugs? Ooorrr... what?

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Rip off a million poor people and Wall street has no problems. " -Rebecca B
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:45 AM   #8
Deadmanwalking_05

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyO View Post
So you're supporting the war on drugs? Ooorrr... what?
Nope.

I'm against the war on drugs.

In fact the war on drugs could be said to have propped up the current Big pharma conglomerate that we see today.

Because how many people would pay a sum of money for a pill that has a laundry list of ill side effects when they could grow a plant that could help them that has mild side effects that are very few and hardly dangerous when compared to what is on the market now?

The war on drugs has also created an out of control and ever growing prison industrial complex.

Old 01-13-2013, 12:46 PM   #9
Jonathan

Not buying this.

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/databriefs/db76.htm
"From 1988–1994 through 2005–2008, the rate of antidepressant use in the United States among all ages increased nearly 400%"

http://www.who.int/mental_health/media/unitstates.pdf
Relatively flat. Not close to a 400% increase at any rate.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9192540

"Overall, there were no statistically meaningful improvements in the level of aggressive behavior, as measured on a modified version of the Overt Aggression Scale, over the course of these patients' SSRI trials."

---

Or am I looking at the wrong sort of meds? It was SSRI that you wanted to blame, right?
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 01:26 PM   #10
Deadmanwalking_05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
Not buying this.

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/databriefs/db76.htm
"From 1988–1994 through 2005–2008, the rate of antidepressant use in the United States among all ages increased nearly 400%"

http://www.who.int/mental_health/media/unitstates.pdf
Relatively flat. Not close to a 400% increase at any rate.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9192540

"Overall, there were no statistically meaningful improvements in the level of aggressive behavior, as measured on a modified version of the Overt Aggression Scale, over the course of these patients' SSRI trials."

---

Or am I looking at the wrong sort of meds? It was SSRI that you wanted to blame, right?
I'm not just blaming the drugs because that would be no different from blaming something else. I do think that it's the person more than anything,and I think the drugs are more prone to relax their inhibitions toward such acts of violence.

Also what about the years following 2008?