Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 04-02-2009, 07:10 AM   #126
CrimsonPythonidae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr E Nigma View Post
hahaha AoE II, geeze I haven't played that in forever. Crimson do you play on live? if so what's your gamertag? Mine's - IceyPyroPenguin -

(I play halo 3 as well)
Aw I don't really know how to work these new fandangled contraptions. I haven't played on live because I don't know how. What can I play on there?
CrimsonPythonidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 05:48 PM   #127
CrossDream

I just busted out Call of Duty 4. I don't think I'll be sleeping this week.
CrossDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 03:06 AM   #128
DisturbedSpartan

Just finished up RE5 have been juggling between playing Halo 3, Halo Wars and SF IV. Kinda sad I can't play RB 2 on guitar right now my strum bar is jacked up and misreads strums now.

Last edited by DisturbedSpartan; 04-04-2009 at 03:06 AM. Reason: typos
DisturbedSpartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 11:17 AM   #129
Catch

I play vampires, mafia wars and mobsters on myspace. The have new loot on mafia wars. It is taking awhile to collect all the treasues.
Old 04-04-2009, 09:16 PM   #130
L'Oiseau Noir

I just finished playing The Witcher (which was rather good), and now I'm replaying Resident Evil 5 as Sheva.

"I love Wagner, but the music I prefer is that of a cat hung up by its tail outside a window and trying to stick to the panes of glass with its claws." - Charles Baudelaire

L'Oiseau Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 10:17 PM   #131
ZyklonB

EVE Online still, 8 months and running. And a little bit of combat arms and RF online here and there.
ZyklonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 03:07 PM   #132
CrossDream

Age of Empires III.

It sucks.

That is all.
CrossDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 05:58 PM   #133
Sir Canvas Corpsey

Suikoden 2 to pass the time while mother's anger subsides, I figured out the book she bought was an Easter present for me and she was not happy.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:31 PM   #134
The Donor

I'm surprised no one has said S.T.A.L.K.E.R Clear Sky. I love that shit, I've completed it once and since then I find it more fun to get half way through and just run around killing mutants and Duty soldiers.

AoE III is shit, they should've left it more like the older ones. So you need to walk the stuff to storage points and that. I also don't like the era it's set. AoE II was much better.

Spore is good fun too, I'm not online with it though because my connection is shit but it won't be long.

Sims 2. What a great game, wants and fears was the best thing they could've done, and memories too.

Of course Diablo 2 Lord of Distruction gets a mention as does Company of Heroes and the entire series of Comand and Conquer
The Donor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 05:29 PM   #135
ZyklonB

American McGee's Alice. Brings back memories.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:35 PM   #136
Slap Your Love

Runescape. Best java based mmorpg. No client download required either and
it's skill based rather than quest based that I fucking hate.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:24 AM   #137
The Donor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slap Your Love View Post
Runescape. Best java based mmorpg. No client download required either and
it's skill based rather than quest based that I fucking hate.
Thanks heaps, I've been trying to remember the name of that game for years. Movoda is similar I've heard, I'm yet to play it though
The Donor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 12:52 AM   #138
CptSternn

Resident Evil 5. It kicks much arse.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 10:14 AM   #139
Draconysius

I just started Half-Life 2 yesterday. Holy fuck. The vehicle parts are really fun; I hope some mods take advantage of that.
Draconysius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 10:18 AM   #140
Slap Your Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Donor View Post
Thanks heaps, I've been trying to remember the name of that game for years. Movoda is similar I've heard, I'm yet to play it though
Welcome. Never played Movoda before but I've heard of it.
I have been playing Runescape for 7 years now though.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:54 AM   #141
Beowulf

Cool

Playing `Obliveon` again on my X-box, probably one of the best games I ever played !!!.
live the gods of yesterday.

Be excellent to one another !!!.
Beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 09:16 AM   #142
ZyklonB

I'd play through Morrowind again anytime than play Oblivion again. Oh wait. I already have. Many many times. Oblivion just didn't have the same feel for me I suppose.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:05 AM   #143
JCC

I'm playing Metal Gear Solid. Then I'll play Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty. Then I will cry because I don't have Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 01:00 PM   #144
Raptor

Still playing Fallout 3, I guess I like it more than I did at first, but it isn't as good as people told me it was by far. The manual combat sucks, and fun as it is to watch the head of a radioactive decayed human zombie thing explode in slow motion after the computer has made the shot for you, it kinda loses interest when you realise that you aren't really interacting with the game a whole lot.

I don't find the non-combat actions particularly fun either. The computer hacking all uses the exact same type of puzzle which is generally very easy to solve. Same for the lock picking.

Also it seems that an NPC who starts one of the minor side quests has completely disappeared. Apparently it's a common problem caused by the NPC being a retard and jumping off ledges or falling through map glitches. Trying a workaround to save him didn't work either.

The look of the game, the story, and the multiple ways of completing quests are pretty good. I also think the using ordinary objects to build your own weapons is a nice feature, I love my lawnmower blade + petrol tank flaming sword, used while wearing an oven glove. The Shishkebab. Might have been better if you could some how design your own weapons rather than using schematics, but that probably would have been too complicated.

Taking part in quests where you end up saving people's lives should add bigger karma boosts. Despite me usually taking the less evil routes through quests, my stealing of items to actually get some cash have resulted in a bounty on me and claims of murdering my way across the land for some reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
I'm playing Metal Gear Solid. Then I'll play Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty. Then I will cry because I don't have Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots.
I do all of that regularly too. The last part usually happens because I have a house mate who is nice enough to tell me just how awesome MGS4 is. He has a PS3 at home. The bastard.
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 10:55 PM   #145
RozzVanian

I am a Sims addict. All my sims walk around nude and live in trash-heaps of houses. I love creating sims, that's the best part.

I also play GTA non-stop, although I mostly just crash cars and shoot random pedestrians for being not me. I've yet to complete a mission. We'll see...someday I might get further along in the game.
RozzVanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 07:12 PM   #146
Catch

Now I have the "Better than the French Army Trophy for over 100 wins," on MySpace Vampires. Yep, don't mess with me.
Old 04-11-2009, 07:51 PM   #147
Denchera

I've regained an addiction to Left 4 Dead again. It's so fun to just walk around and look at all the detail in the game, that is if there aren't any zombies around.

I'm also playing Mirror's Edge, not sure why though.
Denchera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 08:16 PM   #148
badteccy

For Nintenda DS:
Animal Crossing
Docomodake
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
Mario Kart
Super Mario World
The World Ends with You (but only sometimes)

Nintenda 65:
Mario Kart
Super Mario World
Mario Tennis
Pokemon Stadium
Starfox
badteccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 08:20 PM   #149
Denchera

Starfox? don't you have any modern consoles? At least it's not the wii.
Denchera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 09:15 PM   #150
RozzVanian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denchera View Post
Starfox? don't you have any modern consoles? At least it's not the wii.
Ugh...WII is the annoying teenage, manga-loving emo of the game consoles. It has terrible graphics and all the games seem infant-ized.

I'm addicted to DEAD RISING, although I keep having to start the game over. It's just fun to mess with zombies and use odd things as weapons. I couldn't care less about the impossible-to-beat story missions, though.
RozzVanian is offline   Reply With Quote