Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 11-17-2007, 09:36 PM   #51
GothicChristian

Shoulder length, sadly blond, straight, always up. I cant keep the bangs out of my face, they go about to my upper lip. I wash it, condition it, dry it, brush it and throw it into a ponytail.
GothicChristian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 09:41 PM   #52
kimaru

I've finally dyed my hair black...my hair is only 3 or 4 inches past my shoulders though, I don't know if that counts as "long".
kimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 03:38 AM   #53
Lady_Lacrimosa_Umbrae

I measured my hair and it's like 65cm long aprox. (at my waist). I dyed it red but it's starting to wear off... My hair is naturaly wavy, though I don't like it and I put a lot of effort in keeping it straight. Basically I use a special shampoo for straight hair, conditioner, and half and hour with the hairdryer.

My hair falls a lot, I don't know if I should be concerned about that... there are always huge hair balls under my bed... ^^U

But yeah, I love my hair XD
Lady_Lacrimosa_Umbrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 07:04 AM   #54
korinna5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by GothicChristian
Shoulder length, sadly blond, straight, always up. I cant keep the bangs out of my face, they go about to my upper lip. I wash it, condition it, dry it, brush it and throw it into a ponytail.
what's wrong with blonde?
Old 11-18-2007, 11:57 AM   #55
GothicChristian

Quote:
Originally Posted by korinna5555
what's wrong with blonde?
Just the fact that my dad forces me to keep it blond, "You're a cute blond." he will say, also the whole 'dumb blond' thing, you don't know how many times I get "Oh, she's a blond, you're going to have to explain it." if I don't get a joke, which is normally only if it's perverted or stupid.
Old 11-18-2007, 12:06 PM   #56
honeythorn

I just want mine to at least attempt to visit my elbows I want my fringe at least nose length when flat. that way it should be the right length when I backcomb/poof/rat it.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 01:13 PM   #57
korinna5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by GothicChristian
Just the fact that my dad forces me to keep it blond, "You're a cute blond." he will say, also the whole 'dumb blond' thing, you don't know how many times I get "Oh, she's a blond, you're going to have to explain it." if I don't get a joke, which is normally only if it's perverted or stupid.
I almost dyed mine a really dark brown once.. I am glad I didn't..
Blonde goths are awesome.. we need more of them.
Old 11-18-2007, 01:25 PM   #58
ForgetThisLostLenore

I used to be blonde. My hair used to be a very disgusting ashy gray-blonde. My roots are quickly taking over though.
ForgetThisLostLenore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 01:37 PM   #59
honeythorn

So was I. This is me when I was 17 and blonde

]

Hideous eh? :/
Old 11-18-2007, 01:43 PM   #60
ForgetThisLostLenore

You looked a whole lot better blonde than I did. Though my hair doesn't take hair dye at all, so right now it's blonde-red-brown-green. Don't ask me where the green came from.
Old 11-18-2007, 02:29 PM   #61
honeythorn

Hair dye won't stay in mine either. Permanent blue black or black dyes fade to a blackish mud brown within the space of 2 weeks
Old 11-18-2007, 02:58 PM   #62
ForgetThisLostLenore

I dyed mine a red brown, or tried, and it faded after a day along the midsection of my hair.
Old 11-18-2007, 02:59 PM   #63
GothicChristian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeythorn
Hair dye won't stay in mine either. Permanent blue black or black dyes fade to a blackish mud brown within the space of 2 weeks
I feel your pain.
Old 11-18-2007, 05:14 PM   #64
black_heart

i am a fellow long haired fellow. as i am only 5 ft 2 my hair probably only looks long... its just above my ass and it has refused to grow (or its taking bloody ages). i used to have dark blonde hair but i wanted to dye it purple and so now my hair is dark purple and now i'm bored of it. my boyfriend wants me to go back to blonde again. i don't think i suit black hair. i've always thought that if you want to have black hair then you'll have to have black eyebrows or it'll look weird. i'm jealous of people with naturally black hair and eyebrows, grr!
ps ever been tempted to cut off your locks? i'm sick of having to condition it like crazy. it's annoying cos it gets so knotty.
black_heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 09:58 AM   #65
Noumi

Yeah, I have long hair too, but sometimes I just don't know how to use it!!! I takes creativity to brush it... =D. Anyway, I'm out of hairdos. Any advice? Here's a pic of it...

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x...ofDSC_2975.jpg
Noumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 11:24 AM   #66
bleedingheart344

My hair is naturally black with raspberry/pink streaks. It's extremely curly and reaches to the middle of my back. Usually, if I don't want my hair looking like a tangled mess, I will wash it, put it into a braided ponytail overnight, then the next day, it gets extremely wavy and has a nice feminine look to it. I simply wish there was more to do with my hair.
Old 12-06-2007, 05:57 AM   #67
Eturnus_Frost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Lacrimosa_Umbrae

My hair falls a lot, I don't know if I should be concerned about that... there are always huge hair balls under my bed... ^^U
Happens to me all the damn time, annoying, but no need for concern.

My hair is extremely thick, I hate it. But, with thick hair you'll get handfuls and handfuls of hair for a majority of people.

Its recently gotten better though when I started using Fabric Softener on my hair.
Eturnus_Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 07:24 PM   #68
Linen

Holy crap! I just took a photo of my hair length & compared it to a photo from a year ago. It has grown a TON. It's at 28.5" now, but not sure what it was before.
Linen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 01:56 PM   #69
Duane

My hair is around shoulder length. It's black and brown. I stopped dying my hair because it was damaging my hair. I want to grow it longer, how would one do that. How would one repair damaged hair?
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 02:04 PM   #70
Metabolik

I'm growing my hair...can I unite with you?
Old 12-07-2007, 11:33 PM   #71
bleedingheart344

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duane
My hair is around shoulder length. It's black and brown. I stopped dying my hair because it was damaging my hair. I want to grow it longer, how would one do that. How would one repair damaged hair?
I'd say, go to your salonist and find a deep conditioner that will work with your hair, use it until it repairs the damage done to it. As for growing it longer, get the dead ends trimmed off regularly so it can grow a tad faster.
Old 12-07-2007, 11:38 PM   #72
Duane

Thank you for the advice, bleedingheart.
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 08:34 PM   #73
dark_merveilles_angel

Hey people. My hair's about halfway down my back and as black as black can be... Though... I need to re-dye it every 3-4 weeks which gets annoying.. Stupid blonde regrowth *shakes fist*

On a happier note I've started using this dye that's similar if not the same as what the hairdressers use. Only downside is you've got to buy the peroxide to mix with it seperately but if you buy a big enough bottle it'll last you a few dyes. The stuff is great. I swear it doesn't fade. Really (and I straighten my hair quite frequently!). Sadly I can't think of what it's called.. You can find it in most Price Attacks, Hairhouse Warehouses, Pricelines etc here in Aust...

Hope that gave people something to think about or.. something... O.O
dark_merveilles_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 08:07 AM   #74
Mir

I want to grow my hair out again but I want it straight and manageable! Tips/Ideas?
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 11:03 AM   #75
BlkGothGrl

I have natural dreads that are down to my shoulder blades.... a large portion of the top hair of my head broke off last winter (stress), so it's almost like a pathetic afro mullet of dread hair. The top is growing back nicely now (maybe 4 inches) but it still looks horrid. I'm so thinking about chopping it all off an going back to extentions to grow it out again.... sigh...
BlkGothGrl is offline   Reply With Quote