Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 04-25-2009, 10:06 AM   #1
Apathy's_Child

Come-down movies

So you partied harder than you should have last night, and you're suffering for it now. You probably know the feeling: you're too blank and weak to do anything but sit and stare at something on a screen, because even the thought of music shreds your nerves into rags. What do you pick off the DVD shelf when you feel like this?

Come-down movies have a very specific set of criteria. They need to be completely unchallenging, so anything too clever is a no-no, but although they're often movies you wouldn't waste your time with on a good day they can't be so crappy as to be depressing - because, let's face it, you're already a stone's throw away from burying your head in your hands and remaining in tha position for several hours.

These are some of mine:
The Breakfast Club
Harvey
Groundhog Day
Withnail & I
Commando
Ghost Town

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 07:01 PM   #2
Schazmyrrh

I'd usually go for 'horror movies' with screaming teenagers in them; I can't think of a specific title right now. By default, I also hop off to watch Beetlejuice when I'm a bit down or too groggy to pay attention but not tired enough to sleep; because I love that movie and despite having watched it countless times I still find it funny.
Schazmyrrh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 02:12 AM   #3
Beneath the Shadows

Usually, if I'm feeling like that, I get stoned and turn on the History Channel.

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Help my MiniCity's industry
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote