Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Shill

Shill Post your website announcements here. Anything that is blatantly SPAM (nigerian schemes, make money fast, etc) will be deleted. Actually, we'd probably keep the nigerian schemes around to make fun of it.

Old 04-02-2011, 10:52 AM   #76
Alan

That's Dante's Inferno. Your religion is based around a literary cheap shot from an Italian politician to his enemies?
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 11:07 AM   #77
Nightwalker39

Hell is an unknown place that sinners who haven't accepted Christ into their hearts go. Hell is where those sinners will stay for all eternity burning in an unquenchable fire and surrounded by their worst fears that will torment them for all time.
Old 04-02-2011, 11:18 AM   #78
Ben Lahnger

You believe in a god that creates living, feeling, fragile beings only to have third party representatives say to those beings, "You must believe that god is your creator on faith, without any direct communication from him whatsoever ... and if you don't, he will submit you to the most unimaginable torment for the rest of eternity."

What kind of entity would create human beings only to treat them so poorly?

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 11:26 AM   #79
Nightwalker39

It is a punishment for those who do not follow him. And they are sent there, not because they never knew that God existed, but because they ignored his word. And believing that God created everything isn't as crazy as believing that the universe was created by nothing.
Old 04-02-2011, 12:42 PM   #80
Alan

Who created god?
Assuming the universe has no creator isn't as fucking stupid as believing that the 'creator' was created by nothing.
real classy
Old 04-02-2011, 12:56 PM   #81
pothead

truth is hell was a place not created for humans, but we go because ppl go there because they follow satan, and do not believe in God, and you can cumunicate with God, you have to read the bible though, an pray too. God has always exsisted, we feel in the garden we go to hell because we sin, but if we accept jesus we are suppose to be dead to sin, meaning we don't sin that sin is paid for so only those who have rejected jesus go to hell, not those who believe
pothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 12:58 PM   #82
pothead

we fell in the garden into a sin nature, a sin viruse is what we have, and the only cure is jesus's blood
Old 04-02-2011, 01:23 PM   #83
pothead

just believe in jesus, and you can't go wrong
Old 04-02-2011, 01:33 PM   #84
Timeless Rebellion

So you say that even if I celebrate two heathan Gods, one of them being me, use the Christian God's name in vain, dishonour my parents, lay with my neighbour's wife while murdering said neighbour and stealing all he owns, and following this give false testimony against my second neighbour while believing in Jesus, I haven't gone wrong?
Timeless Rebellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 01:34 PM   #85
Alan

What if Hinduism was the right religion?
real classy
Old 04-02-2011, 01:41 PM   #86
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by pothead View Post
just believe in jesus, and you can't go wrong
You can't demonstrate that to be true, other than uttering platitudes and pleasant sounding assurances that can't be proven to have any worth.

I could waste my whole life believing in Jesus if there is no continuation of my existence after I die. That WOULD BE "going wrong" as you put it.

*edit* - I'm still considering how much of my whole life I'm willing to waste debating such a silly, unresponsive person. Chances are good it won't be much more.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Old 04-02-2011, 01:44 PM   #87
Alan

We know it's a troll. But it's only 3 p.m. What else are we supposed to do on a saturday morning?
real classy
Old 04-02-2011, 01:49 PM   #88
pothead

I'm a troll huh?
Old 04-02-2011, 01:49 PM   #89
Timeless Rebellion

Exactly Alan. Well said
Timeless Rebellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 02:10 PM   #90
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
I'm a troll huh?
Did you respond to my post? No. That means you are unresponsive as I've said. Do you reply logically to anyone's posts? No, you recite unrelated biblical rhetoric. That makes you silly. The combination of the two makes you a troll.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 04-02-2011, 02:25 PM   #91
Alan

Why is hell exactly like Dante predicted it would be?
real classy
Old 04-02-2011, 02:34 PM   #92
Catch

Quote:
Only one path to heaven.!! Free ticket!! Message of salvation!!tell everyone you know!! All You have to do is believe in Jesus Christ! I am writing you only as a witness I only wish for anyone who reads this message to pray!! I mean what would it hurt? you only have to pray this one simple prayer, and the Lord Jesus says in his word whosoever shall call upon the name of the lord shall be saved, that's a definite shall be forever saved forever which means you are destined to go to heaven. Just plz pray with me this one simple prayer. Lord Jesus I believe in you Lord I know I can't save myself, will you plz save me I know I'm a sinner Jesus, but I believe you died on the cross for my sins, and that God the father rose you from the dead after 3 days Plz forgive me of my sins Jesus! I accept you into my heart Lord as my personal Lord, and savior I pray this in your name amen !!!!!!!
I resent people thinking I'm a sinnner for being Goth. I am a very religous person and salvation is up to individuals.

In fact, you can shove your stupid prayer, because I've known Christians that say the prayer and become aweful people. A Wiccan friend was remarried three times, because she kept marrying Christians and each one of them cheated on her. When confronted, they said, "Jesus dyed for my sins, so I will be going to heaven."

I believe people are responsible for themselves and that is how they will be evaluated. A lot of that stuff is bullshit. I've known many atheists, taoists, budhists, jews and others who don't believe in Christianity, so they really think about doing the right things all the time. Maybe they are afriad of consequences like their wife leaving them, but they sure don't site there and say, "Christ dyed for me."

(Which actually sounds like some pagan sacrifice to me.)
Old 04-02-2011, 03:29 PM   #93
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catch View Post
"Christ dyed for me."
Talk about your hair-curling tales. Sounds permanent to me!

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 04-02-2011, 05:39 PM   #94
pothead

I think about doing right things all the time , because I want to follow God, the ones who say they are christians, and do such a thing are not true christians or else they wouldn't have done such a thing.
Old 04-02-2011, 05:41 PM   #95
pothead

I think catch is lieing,about her story of a cheating christian, see she just don't like christians, and I'm a gothic christian, and no gothic is not a sin
Old 04-02-2011, 05:43 PM   #96
pothead

if catch isn't lieing then those who cheated in her story on the girl wasn't true christians no true christian would do that.
Old 04-02-2011, 05:53 PM   #97
Alan

I'm bored now. Hush.
real classy
Old 04-02-2011, 07:04 PM   #98
pothead

I haven't said enough to pipe down
Old 04-02-2011, 07:18 PM   #99
Alan

Really? Because you've said the same thing for the last 30 posts
real classy
Old 04-02-2011, 07:29 PM   #100
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
I haven't said enough to pipe down
Well, could you at least put your pipe down?

I've never seen an effective preacher smoke a doobie while delivering a sermon, and you're starting to sound like a rambling stoner.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,