Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 09-01-2009, 02:53 PM   #1
dawndichaelsdulkdoganDret

swine flu is a hoax, a lie say no in 2009

avin bird flu was a lie no birds got sick...trying to de populate the earth???
What the F??? dont even get the regular one this year...

The Vaccine will hurt you not help you and it could get others sick

IM 100% Healthy.
dawndichaelsdulkdoganDret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 05:50 AM   #2
zerademark

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure, my cousin has a normal flu...
And HIV/AIDS doesnt exist either....[/sarcasm]
3 It is not "You and me", instead it is "Me and you". At the same time "M" is capitalized.
zerademark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 06:25 AM   #3
viscus

Mongoloid, he was a mongoloid. Happier than you and me.

"Now some of you may encounter the devil's bargain if you get that far. Any old soul is worth saving at least to a priest, but not every soul is worth buying. So you can take the offer as a compliment."

-William S. Burroughs

You're not entitled to your opinion.
viscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 06:52 AM   #4
Ophelia's Snorkel

Hm. Potential repeat of the 1918 flu epidemic, or take a shot developed by people who create vaccines for a living. Oh, decisions, decisions!
Ophelia's Snorkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 08:39 AM   #5
Saya

I don't get vaccines because they aren't encouraged for healthy adults here, its usually advised that we save those shots for the elderly, the young and high risk people.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 09:11 AM   #6
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Yeah I live in Wisconsin and so far we have had more cases than anywhere else in the world, I can assure you, swine flu is real. Vaccines technecly speaking help you by infecting you but not to the extent that it is deadly to yourself or others, you're basicly being injected with an already dead virus or a virus that is extremely weak. Also vaccines dont cause autism, just for anyone wondering about that.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 09:27 AM   #7
Ophelia's Snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
I don't get vaccines because they aren't encouraged for healthy adults here, its usually advised that we save those shots for the elderly, the young and high risk people.
Yeah, my daughters will get their shots and my husband and I will forgo ours. There are only so many to go around, and we're pretty healthy.
Ophelia's Snorkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 09:29 AM   #8
Starke von Oben

Swine Flue, Bird Flue?

One would be mistaken to think of this as a man-made disease, tested first on animals and then transmitted on to human beings...
Starke von Oben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 10:57 AM   #9
zerademark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starke von Oben View Post
Swine Flue, Bird Flue?

One would be mistaken to think of this as a man-made disease, tested first on animals and then transmitted on to human beings...
Isnt that basicly what happened? Mad cow disease as result of people feeding cows hormones and shit causing the disease?

I'd say this all is the way Karma says: "Fuck you."
3 It is not "You and me", instead it is "Me and you". At the same time "M" is capitalized.
zerademark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 01:45 PM   #10
Necrophagist

People have died from swine flu. It's not a hoax.

I am the Antiproduct!

There is, they say, no fool like an old fool - Golding.

" All the war-propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting." - Orwell.
Necrophagist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 01:56 PM   #11
Sinjob

Oh how I feared this topic would come up here, thought it was better than this. Anyway, Swine Flu is a pandemic and while people have died from it I think it's getting way much more attention than it actually deserves. But it's fun to see where fear can get you.
Sinjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 03:29 PM   #12
Konstantin

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerademark View Post
Isnt that basicly what happened? Mad cow disease as result of people feeding cows hormones and shit causing the disease?
Well, no. Mad cow was a result of using remains of other cattle, ground up, as part of the feed. Not any better, but not "hormones".

The swine flu is, in my opinion, blown out of proportion. The way these things usually are. Yes, it's a new and dangerous disease. However, I'm certainly not going to get the vaccine, because around here it comes with a disclaimer - any neurological damage that you may suffer as a result isn't anyone's fault but your own. My response? No thank you.

I'm young and healthy; I'm willing to risk it. The chances of me contracting the flu are extremely slim, and in all likelihood I would pull through even if I did.

EDIT: Also, OP is an idiot.
Konstantin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 07:55 PM   #13
Deadmanwalking_05

This is from the 1970's and it to is about the Swine flu.

http://vintage.videosift.com/video/1...wine-Flu-PSA-s

The first known case in 1976.

http://www.capitalcentury.com/1976.html

On the cold afternoon of February 5, 1976, an Army recruit told his drill instructor at Fort Dix that he felt tired and weak but not sick enough to see military medics or skip a big training hike.

Within 24 hours, 19-year-old Pvt. David Lewis of Ashley Falls, Mass., was dead, killed by an influenza not seen since the plague of 1918-19, which took 500,000 American lives and 20 million worldwide......

9x29mmR : The Choice Of Millions for the last 100-107 years.
Deadmanwalking_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 09:31 AM   #14
vindicatedxjin

My co-worker just got the swine flu vaccine today, without even looking into it. She's pregnant and her doctor advised that she get the shot. I didn't want to say anything, because I didn't want to freak her out and seem like a bitch so I'm just going to see what happens. I don't wanna sound stupid but I refuse to get any vaccines that are being thrown out and pushed onto people from an epidemic that really isn't THAT bad. From what I've researched...the vaccine production was "rushed" and the vaccine has never been tested on humans... that alone is a scary thought. Does everyone really want to be guinea pigs? The vaccines also contain contain mercury.aluminum, and MF-59 that cause an inflammatory response in the body. This is why they are "suspected" of causing autism and other neurological disorders... especially in infants, and babies that haven't been born yet. My boss' sister is a pharmicist for a CVS and she said that they just received a ton of the vaccines...and to just give the shot to those who can't afford them since there were so many......the targeted people are infants and pregnant women. I'm not gonna make any crazy rants or anything...but doesn't that just seem kind of strange???

Bring Kontan Back
vindicatedxjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 09:37 AM   #15
Saya

Uh, yeah the epidemic is really that bad. You don't want any of this shit, believe me. Healthy adults here have died from it.

And mercury in vaccines does NOT cause autism, and the mercury from vaccine goes away fairly quickly. She should be more worried about eating fish (which always has mercury) than vaccines.
Old 11-02-2009, 09:39 AM   #16
JCC

Quote:
Uh, yeah the epidemic is really that bad. You don't want any of this shit, believe me. Healthy adults here have died from it.
My friends have had it and I strongly suspect that I had it for about a week, too. You just sleep that shit off.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 09:41 AM   #17
Saya

I'm a suspected case too, while it was fine for me it still doesn't change that its highly contagious and more dangerous to adults than the seasonal flu. Its not like OMG WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE, but it still can be serious.
Old 11-02-2009, 09:42 AM   #18
PortraitOfSanity

How can you have an epidemic in Newfoundland? Your population density is 3.5 per square mile for fuck's sake!

I don't hate you. Saying I hate you would be like saying I hate a dog with no legs trying to cross a busy freeway.
-Mr. Filth
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 09:44 AM   #19
Saya

Don't ask me, it really doesn't make much sense does it? Apparently the worst of it is in central Newfoundland. CENTRAL!

We do a lot of mingling though don't forget, a lot of people go to Alberta for work and come home every few weeks, a lot of people got sick that way. And my cousin is a confirmed case, she goes to a highschool that serves about twelve different communities.
Old 11-02-2009, 09:44 AM   #20
vindicatedxjin

I'm not trying to jump into conclusions, but if it really is okay, why are so many health care workers rejecting the vaccine?

Bring Kontan Back
Old 11-02-2009, 09:46 AM   #21
Saya

Because of fear mongering? Because some people just don't want the vaccine? I haven't heard any complaints here from the health workers I know, but conspiracy theories aren't that popular here, everyone seems to know that vaccines won't give you autism.
Old 11-02-2009, 09:49 AM   #22
PortraitOfSanity

How do you know if you live in the middle of nowhere? When your province's official animal is the caribou.

I don't hate you. Saying I hate you would be like saying I hate a dog with no legs trying to cross a busy freeway.
-Mr. Filth
Old 11-02-2009, 09:51 AM   #23
PortraitOfSanity

Quote:
but conspiracy theories aren't that popular here, everyone seems to know that vaccines won't give you autism.
That's because Canadians are immune to batshit insane disease. Another "epidemic" so prevalent here in the states.

-Mr. Filth
Old 11-02-2009, 09:59 AM   #24
vindicatedxjin

Here is a petition from NYS healthcare workers against mandatory Swine flu vaccines.

Quote:
As healthcare workers, patient advocates, and state employees we demand to be addressed and considered. Tenure has not been afforded to us as it has to those in academia. We do not have the protection to dissent from prevailing public opinion, to openly disagree, provided protection from external pressure. We find the displeasure of coercion as appealing as the taste of dejection. In an already stressed healthcare system it is my belief this directive will effectively eliminate a large part of those close to this issue. Those close to retirement and those sickened by the lack of concern for persons to feel safe and secure in their job and their profession, will quietly fade from this institution. Let me enlighten you Sir, there are many. Nurses, as patients, should be accorded the same respect for their decisions about health care, including the right to refuse a treatment that is due to all patients. In ethics this is called respect for patient autonomy.

I am also bewildered to hear that you have given your stamp of approval for pregnant women to receive the vaccine. I am appalled because there have been absolutely no clinical trials regarding efficacy in the fetus. What type of logic, or evidence-based practice has led you to this dangerous undertaking? I can only assume, given your new beginnings of faith, that this is an evangelical crusade. Sacrifice few for the good of many. The truth is every vaccine has inherent risks and a certain percentage of the population will be effected adversely, some mild, and some dead. I'm glad to see that is a risk YOU, are benevolently willing to take.

Healthcare institutions will be short staffed Sir, but not for the reasons you may think. Not because we have failed to be vaccinated with the "good stuff" but because we will be released from our duties for refusing to be jabbed with toxic substances such as; Formaldehyde, Acrylonitrile, Thimerisol(mercury), Aluminum, Squalene to name a few. Substances that are known carcinogens as well as linked to a host of auto-immune diseases. Nurses are accustomed to seeing the concrete benefits of their efforts and risks in individual patients. In this case, the benefit is diffuse and theoretical. We may be able to show that fewer patients get the flu, but we can't say that elderly Mr. Smith in room 210 with COPD didn't get the flu because we got vaccinated. The benefit to patients doesn't feel quite real while the risk to one's self does.

As stated in your own words, " The seasonal influenza vaccine has completed, and before its approval the new H1N1 vaccine also underwent, the most careful development, production and testing processes leading scientists, clinicians and public health authorities can devise. Approval of the H1N1 vaccine was based on the application of the same scientific standards and methods that we believe should govern all our health care practices." This misleading information only serves as an obligatory statement that supports your position. The fact is that the H1N1 vaccine has been through 1 clinical trial and has now been fast tracked for the general population tells me there is a different agenda at hand. If the vaccine is so safe as you and your contingent claim it to be, then why are drug manufacturers absolved from responsibility should problems manifest?

We, as healthcare workers are not willing to take that risk, as this is our declaration in opposition of your unilateral directive. Those who have signed this petition have taken a stand to end your most dangerous and oppressive directive.

These are NURSES....

Bring Kontan Back
Old 11-02-2009, 10:30 AM   #25
Saya

Yeah, and I live with one. She had to get a shitload of vaccines before she was even allowed to take the intro course, and she still has a few more to go since she doesn't have the proper antibodies for vaccines she took as a child. Healthcare workers are the last people who should get sick.