Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 03-16-2010, 07:03 PM   #1
RBMK1000

Hey everyone

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)
I'm an underpaid musician and an overtired university student. I used to teach piano and accompany. I currently co-own Dirty Weather Records, a fledgling label based out of the GTA. In my freetime I enjoy drawing, reading, and drinking coffee (I'm an addict). I'm rather crafty and make hair accessories and jewellery. I like smoking and watching films in my basement under warm blankets. I'm an amateur graphics designer, I'm pretty handy with a pen and pencil. I'm learning CS4 now, it's a monster of a program.

2. Where are you from?

Roughly 35 km from Toronto in a town no one has heard of.

3. Who is your favorite author?

Thomas Harris, Goethe, Hesse, Nietzsche, Rice, and the poetry/prose of D.H. Lawrence and Poe, etc.

4. What are your favorite films?
I love movies... Primarily terrible B-horror, surrealism, and what would be considered "obscure/indie" drama. Some examples: PU-239, Cronenberg's Eastern Promises, Jan Svankmajer's Alice, Lynch's Eraserhead, Lucas' THX-1138.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?
Never thought about it much... I suppose some Gesualdo and some other polyphonic Gregorian chants. I'm not religious, but when I was studying music history I fell in love with the likes of Gesualdo, Machaut, etc.

6. At your funeral?
Same as above, but their more "sad" songs. I would also like Verdi's Requiem... It's epic as all hell, I wanna go out with a BANG.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?

The astrophysicist in me wants to be the first person to die by black hole. It's still a goal of mine. I can't think of a more noble way to die than to die in the name of science (yes, I am that nerdy).

8. What kind of casket would you want?
If all goes according to plan, I won't have a black hole 'cause I'll be compressed into an infinite mass. Does black hole count as a casket?

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?
My signature: Heels, legwarmers, tights, zebra print skirt over top a black leotard. Usually with a cardigan. I look like I walked out of the 80s, depite the fact I missed it by one year.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?
Believing in Santa Claus and fairies. Life was so much more magical then.

11. What's your favorite band?
I listen to too much music. Quick lists:
Composers: Rachmaninov, Prokofiev, Chopin, Machaut, Gesualdo.
Goth/Deathrock: Siouxsie and the Banshees, Sisters of Mercy, Fields of the Nephilim, Komunity FK, 45 Grave.
And experimental, noise, neofolk, etc.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?
I'm in University. I did my first year in chemical enginering; hated the business courses. I subsequently switched to an astronomy and astrophysics major, but I've not been able to take too many courses this year. I also minor in German.

13. Why did you join?
Friend got a profile. Seemed fun?

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?
I'm a lady.
RBMK1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 07:37 PM   #2
DRM

Welcome.
: D
Old 03-16-2010, 07:47 PM   #3
RBMK1000

My boyfriend has the same Nietzsche quotation as his MSN name!

Thanks!
RBMK1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 07:21 AM   #4
Malice In Wonderland

You sound fairly interesting.
Welcome.

"One mohawk wasn't enough to keep up with how badass he is so he had to get two." - Haunted House, about me, YEAH, ME!

Terror Nuclear,Terror Nuclear
Malice In Wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 10:28 AM   #5
FrankieFear

Tegan!!
FrankieFear is offline   Reply With Quote