Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 09:18 PM   #1
GutterFlower

Gay Marriage

Maybe this should be under the "Whine" section but it pisses me off. Why can't gays have the same rights as straights? Fuck narrow-minded people. Nowhere in their goddamn bible does it spell out anything against homosexuality. Supposedly this Jesus guy loved EVERYONE. Gays are people too, so doesn't that count for anything?

When people see two little girl-children kiss, they think "awww how sweet." But if it's any girl older than six telling another girl she loves her, it becomes sick and wrong? Where is there any sense in that?

Two people of the same gender can live together and be "granted legal companionship" but it isn't the same. I myself don't think getting married proves anything, but if my girl wanted to I would. Same goes for several couples everywhere. Why deny them that right? Notice I say right, not privelege.

...Damn I'm glad to get that off my back and put it out there.
Old 06-05-2006, 09:27 PM   #2
bjork_freak

The bible does, in fact, state that homosexuality is wrong (Romans 1:1-26).

I am a strong Christian, but I believe all people are equal. Whether or not the scripture was misinterpreted at one point, I do not believe in discrimination against homosexuality.
Old 06-05-2006, 09:31 PM   #3
GutterFlower

I'm always glad to find people like you. (No sarcasm intended) I really admire people with their own ideals.
Old 06-05-2006, 09:36 PM   #4
bjork_freak

Why, thank you.

It's always good to meet a well-mannered newb.
Old 06-05-2006, 09:45 PM   #5
bjork_freak

I'm just going to slip this in a second time, just in case you haven't checked my other response.

Also, next time you start a thread, please keep the rant to a minimum (unless of course, it belongs in the rant thread). And please don't get too deep into the religious bashing (I'm just referring to the phrase "goddamn bible").
Old 06-05-2006, 10:16 PM   #6
nuksaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by GutterFlower
Gays are people too,
How eloquent and articulate. Your expression tends to lead me to believe you view 'gays' as distant and seperate from yourself.

Quote:
Notice I say right, not privelege.
I say wrong on both accounts. Marriage is a committment between 2 persons beyond either right or priveledge. It is much more.

I also believe there are 2 threads already discussing this very topic in the Political forum.
Old 06-06-2006, 03:22 AM   #7
wunky

it's legal to have a civil partnership and a blessing (so yeah, a marriage) between two people of the same sex here in the UK and it's caused no problems.

so it can be done

i am now going to defend christians (as i seem to be doing a lot today) by pointing out that many do accept homosexuals and see nothing wrong with their sexual orientation.
Old 06-06-2006, 02:00 PM   #8
Niels

Quote:
i am now going to defend christians (as i seem to be doing a lot today) by pointing out that many do accept homosexuals and see nothing wrong with their sexual orientation.
But they still think gays go to Hell... what an acceptation that is...

(yes, that was, in fact, a blatant generalisation... but political correctness has never been my strongest point...)
Old 06-06-2006, 02:14 PM   #9
Niels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myself
that was, in fact, a blatant generalisation...
Usage Note: It is not surprising that blatant and flagrant are often confused, since the words have overlapping meanings. Both attribute conspicuousness and offensiveness to certain acts. Blatant emphasizes the failure to conceal the act. Flagrant, on the other hand, emphasizes the serious wrongdoing inherent in the offense. Certain contexts may admit either word depending on what is meant: a violation of human rights might be either blatant or flagrant. If it was committed with contempt for public scrutiny, it is blatant. If its barbarity was monstrous, it is flagrant. ·Blatant is sometimes used to mean simply “obvious,” as in the blatant danger of such an approach, but this use has not been established and is widely considered an error.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=blatant

In this case, I meant flagrant

Learning english words every day
Old 06-06-2006, 04:38 PM   #10
GutterFlower

Sorry if I came off as hating Christians and all. My whole family is Christian so I've really got nothing against them.
Old 06-06-2006, 04:39 PM   #11
GutterFlower

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuksaa
How eloquent and articulate. Your expression tends to lead me to believe you view 'gays' as distant and seperate from yourself.

I say wrong on both accounts. Marriage is a committment between 2 persons beyond either right or priveledge. It is much more.

I also believe there are 2 threads already discussing this very topic in the Political forum.
I agree with your statement on marriage. However, I'm a lesbian, so watch what you say about me "distancing myself" from homosexuality.
Old 06-07-2006, 12:55 PM   #12
nuksaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by GutterFlower
I agree with your statement on marriage. However, I'm a lesbian, so watch what you say about me "distancing myself" from homosexuality.
I always have a problem with anyone using the term 'gays'. I always feel someone is trying to force me to view people in same sex relationships as something other than people choosing with whom they wish to be intimate. And I receive this feeling from people on both sides of the issue.
Old 06-07-2006, 05:26 PM   #13
WolfMoon

Ugh!

How about we actually read the other threads before posting a duplicate, m'kay?
Closed Thread