Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 04-24-2006, 02:57 PM   #51
Jane13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metatron
I have a big Sex Pistols patch on my bag...and a big squirrel pin. How un-goth is that? Squirrels are my favorite animal though. They rock hard.
I have one of those little kid backpacks... it's black and blue and has BATMAN on it!

... where do you get a squirrel pin? I want one ^^
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Jane13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 12:14 PM   #52
Metatron

I made it with my super duper button making abilities which came to me in a box from the local craft store.
Old 04-25-2006, 12:30 PM   #53
Queenofdarkness57

Hmm a classmate once asked me: Umm Tracy, how can you be goth and happy at the same time?
Old 04-25-2006, 01:20 PM   #54
An Eccentric Cellist

I got "Why do you wear black?" today... my answer: I'm comfortable in it.
Also, I was taking a ballroom dancing class, I was wearing black pinstripe pants and a rose colored dress shirt, this guy pick me out as a goth like second lesson. His questions to me were:
- Are you a goth? Sort of.
- So you're not Satan worshiper? No.
Something Rude said by him... reminder of he's in a church and goes to a religious private school and therefore should not swear and should know better than to do so in a church. Begrudging look, says something rude and how he doesn't care. Asshole. Bitch. And so on and so forth. That was really fun... I should call him. By the way not exact conversation but as close as one could get without copying words.
An Eccentric Cellist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 01:35 PM   #55
Sanctus Dei

I often get the "Why do you always wear black?" question... I just smile and respond, "Well, it goes with everything..." that tends to get a chuckle and lightens the mood of the remaining questions. It's actually fun to discover new ways to answer stupid questions.
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

-Never mistake my tolerance for fucking approval.... never.
Sanctus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 03:29 PM   #56
maggot

My brother asks me "What, do you think you'll be cursed if someone sees you in any color but black?"
I think he's joking, but I'm not certain.
Old 05-05-2006, 07:17 AM   #57
AbelTheLiar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanctus Dei
I often get the "Why do you always wear black?" question... I just smile and respond, "Well, it goes with everything..." that tends to get a chuckle and lightens the mood of the remaining questions. It's actually fun to discover new ways to answer stupid questions.
Everytime I try to find a new way answer an idiot, I get called asshole.
AbelTheLiar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 02:15 PM   #58
Sanctus Dei

Being called an asshole......that's the best part.

BTW...Where have you been Abel!!??
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

Old 05-06-2006, 04:04 AM   #59
AbelTheLiar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanctus Dei
Being called an asshole......that's the best part.

BTW...Where have you been Abel!!??
Awww... someone missed me. I have running in fucking circles trying to get my hands on expensive crap free. An not suceeding. >.<

My pc had to be fixed, so that wasn't cheap, I have tile crap to mess with, (must remove tile... and keep wall intact... *crack* DAMNIT!), and I've become totally obsessed with paintball.

Otherwise, I've been watching too much youtube.com.
Old 05-06-2006, 11:55 AM   #60
Catch

Ya. Fear starts these rumors about goths and punks alike. People don't want their kids hanging out with people who are different. However, it's really very harsh, because if a person is interested in the goth or punk lifestyle they're going to do a whole lot of damage to themself and people around them in order to live up to a myth.

It's true though. Their isn't any one way to be. However, will have to admit there is a difference and to become more accepted showing willingness to go out of for the group is important.

There was this gal back in Salt Lake City who wanted to prove her loyalty to the goths so she took a part of a headstone. Later people were desicrating graves even more. To me, it was aweful. Maybe life is for the living, but whomever buried those people are still alive. It pains me to think of the unintentional harm given to mourners wondering why people hated their loved ones so much.

Still, the more pressure they put on me to conform, the more I resisted. You know, I love wearing black, still do most of the time, but have shunned a lot of things. Really found more friends that are punk in the end. There is still a foundation or ranking of coolness. That was harsh too. Not going to purposely go live on the streets. If it happens. It happens. Not going to just go do it to be cool though.
Old 05-06-2006, 01:08 PM   #61
Kinflame

Location: FGBWIERville, MKBJJKaryland, Unintelligent Shithole of America.
-Oh my God do your parents just let you wear your hair like that?
Oh my God do your parennts just let you go around asking strangers redundant fucking questions?

-Oh my God pentacles are so hot I love your jacket! (I have a black jacket with a PENTAGRAM in duct tape on the back. My only jacket and I can't get the damn thing off. A remnant of my emo days.)
Why is it exactly that you're referring to a supposedly satanistic symbol being cool and using such phrases as 'Oh my God'?

-Do you, like, kill people?
Only on the weekends.

-Why are you so negative?
Because people like you make me angry, YOU STUPID FUCK.

-Why don't you just go cut yourself?
A question I usually return with a hostile stare until the person realizes just how fucking pointless such a question is or goes away from sheer sheeplike fear.
Kinflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 01:43 PM   #62
mutsumiasakura

Location: In the darkest corner of the smallest, most boring town in the universe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catch
Ya. Fear starts these rumors about goths and punks alike. People don't want their kids hanging out with people who are different.
So true. No one else I know is, and most of the parents in my little town mistrust me. Of course, it's not like the kids around here want to hang out with me anyway . . .

I've gotten many of the usual questions, comments like "You wear too much black".

"Do your parents know that you dress like this?"
"Are you trying to rebel or something?" -No, my parents love me. I'm actually a pretty good kid.
It's also lovely when people assume that one is some sort of criminal, is obsessed with death, and is never happy.
I am a happy person! (The only reason others cannot read my moods is they do not know me and don't take the time to try.)
People also think I am standoffish and weird. That I belong to a cult.
"Do you sacrifice small animals?"
"You don't believe in God?!?!? You must worship Satan!"
"This is a just a phase she's going through."
Etc.
The capacity for willful ignorance in others amazes me.

"Poetry is the deification of reality." -Edith Sitwell

"Whoso eateth my flesh and drinketh my blood hath eternal life . . . "
mutsumiasakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 09:07 AM   #63
Catch

Fine.

Are you a gothic? No. I like wearing black because it's fun and stylish.
Do you know what a menash a tut is? No. and highly don't I can even spell it.
Do you think you'll turn to dust if you go out in the sunlight? No. I'm out in the sunlight a lot.
How do you feel about bi-sexual men? Fine. I've dated a lot of bi-sexual men but will probably stop because after the relationship is announced closed, it is closed.
Do you practice witchcraft? What's your definition? Cause I read astrology and have some interest in things like that, but I don't draw chalk things on the ground, repell demon out of young girls or call on demons to do my bidding.
Why are you hanging out in a cemetery? It's quiet.
Do you want to have sex with a stranger in a cemetery? No. I just want to write in my little sketch book. You have missed the point of hanging out in the cemetery.
Do you like my penis when it's hard? ~ smile and flirt while slowly making way back to car! ~ I just want to put my book somewhere safe. ~ drive away ~
Old 05-08-2006, 05:32 AM   #64
Sanctus Dei

Uh.. okay? Is anyone else aware of a witch that exorcises demons from little girls or calls on demons to do bidding? Let's not be providing the ignorant with false impressions of what a witch really is darling..

as far as the rest of the post, you've left me slightly confused but as long as you know what your saying I guess that's all that matters.
----

I'm the gothy-ist fucking goth that ever graced the night god dammit, Why, dare you ask? Because my ankh is bigger then yours.

=)

Old 05-08-2006, 08:53 AM   #65
Sanctus Dei

Well, as long as I'm not the only one who read that with a raised brow..

It did earn a record 8 "wtf?'s", so I guess, congratulations are in order Bexy... apparently even your habitual communique' skills suck.

Old 05-08-2006, 08:56 AM   #66
angel011

No, you're not the only one. I was puzzled by witches summoning demons or trying to exorcise them too.
Old 05-08-2006, 11:16 PM   #67
AbelTheLiar

Yeah, I thought that was a bit weird.
Old 05-08-2006, 11:27 PM   #68
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Fine.

Do you want to have sex with a stranger in a cemetery?

No. I just want to write in my little sketch book while I masturbate.

Do you like my penis when it's hard?

No, it makes the Broccoli angry.

Do you like to smile and flirt while slowly making your way back to the car??

I just want to put my book somewhere safe..

Well, open wide and hold on!!

My Lizard sings Yellow Oatmeal.
This was was my FAVORITE part!!

I wonder if Bexxle was wearing the Brown Pants with the Red Shoes?

Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 11:52 PM   #69
Nocturne

I wasn't amazed at all at the demon summoning witch ... after 'satanist ritual baby killer' it's the second most common stereotype where I live. I even had an elderly man shouting 'devil summoner' at me in the train station. The average nitwit in this country thinks goth = satanist = witch = sacrifices humans and animals to the devil to get demons to his/her bidding.
Most of the annoying questions asked by sometimes not so innocent people have already been posted ... if it's not to specific, I'd like to add:

- If you dress like that, you must practice black magic - isn't that dangerous?
- Why are you anti-christian?
- Why do you worship the devil?
Nocturne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 12:02 AM   #70
Catch

What? Just proved how much I don't practice magic to everyone.

(That little incident did happen a long time ago. I know threesome is now.)

Gottin the, "Are you a Satan Worshiper?" a couple times too.

As for EPS's question. No. I was wearing all black. Often do. Still not really gothic though. Got that wild, wearing color thing going on.
Old 05-09-2006, 12:08 AM   #71
Catch

Obviously my statements about witchcraft do not make sense to anyone. Therefore, safe to say I do not practice witchcraft.

It is all the same to me. WICCA, Catholic Priests, Satanist, whomever is messing around with stuff they shouldn't.

The psychic shows are fun to watch. That's my level of understanding majic.
Old 05-09-2006, 12:13 AM   #72
Catch

Hey, sorry you've never had anyone try to pick you up in the cemetery. Not my problem. Think it was the groundskeeper's son.
Old 05-09-2006, 12:16 AM   #73
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:

As for EPS's question. No. I was wearing all black. Often do. Still not really gothic though. Got that wild, wearing color thing going on.
I guess you STILL don't bother to read the quote boxes.

Old 05-09-2006, 12:17 AM   #74
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:

The psychic shows are fun to watch.
Ms. Cleo called.

She wants to give you back your $1.99

Old 05-09-2006, 12:26 AM   #75
Catch

I wouldn't pay that crap. (I know you changed the quote, but it was kind of funny.)

X, don't take it out on me.