Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 11-16-2020, 08:57 PM   #1
Midnight_Carnival

Thumbs down Cursed Group (you can make people hate you online! YES YOU CAN!)

You know when a forum get old and treadbare and devolves into emoposting and miserable lonely bastards rubbing each other up the wrong way because they can't think of anything better to do?
(of course you don't, nobody here has ever had this experience!)
The random entropy of a forum is a sad result of too much of a good thing and people moving on, getting jobs, significant others, getting bored as emo
- sorry, I swear a lot, so I started substituting all the more colourful words with "emo" because the emo kiddies all emo'd off and slit their writst like they were always emoing promising to do.

Anyway, the death of forums, discussion groups, etc is unlikely to be the goal of the fourm, discussion group, etc.
For one thing, it is the opposite of a creative environment, and for another, it is emoing depressing to be on.

I did however create such a group which was meant to be and stay that <human hole products> (sorry, if I said "that emo" it might have come across as me trying to resurrect a greatfully dead subculture, which I am not)

A group with no reason for anyone to be on which acts as a collective of misery, frustration and hatred which everyone dreads finding new emo posted on...
It wouldn't last! How could it?
I've kept it going for more than 2 years now - no one wants to be on it and yet only one person left (I think it was due to someone posting emo about wrapping a cat in clingwrap and emoing it up the emo - or it could have been the Mike Diana cartoon posted...) and one person was thrown off for being too positive.
But it's still happening, people hate it and it carries on like cancer.
WHY?

...it is soon told.

But first, if you are interested, then you are already automatically disqualified, but nevertheless feel free to contact me some how - I don't know, emoing smoke signals or something - once you discern that I am not a spambot, I am unlikely to add you, but I might (you won't thank me)
I am not starting this thread to recruit anyone, rather I am sharing a recipe, however, if anyone wants to observe how miserable and unwholesome the experience is, I'd welcome a few fresh souls...
Midnight_Carnival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 09:33 PM   #2
Midnight_Carnival

sorry about the double post, coffee and someone told me to stop dumping huge emoing text walls on people.
It is polite to wait for a reply before posting the second installment, but..
coffee <hopes not to be told to emo off on account of being new here - maybe>

Summary of last post.

. I have made a horrible chat group which nobody wants to be a part of and yet few people have ever left
. I want to share with you how to do this

The Cursed Group exists because I wanted to create a literary and art website which was self-regulating where the standards for what is acceptable (baring things which are actually illegal like unsavory content involving children, etc...) are decided in the group.
Many feel that without saying "them's the rules, this in how, why, when and where..." the website would be hijacked, implode or devolve into random emo. I started with random emo and saw how the dynamics worked.

So I created a whatsapp group - I added a whole lot of people - the only thing they had in common what that they had the misfortune of knowing me.
Then I told them that the group was cursed.
Anyone who posted anything happy or inspirational would get sick or suffer some minor misfortune - anyone who left would die or suffer a major misfortune. One person left (coincidentally I have not heard from or about that person since, but it was more likely that they just got sick of me after the Cursed Group emo knows)
Everyone would die until only one person was left on the Cursed Group - that person would get the luck due to all the others.
It wasn't that everyone believed the group was cursed from the beginning, it was just a place where people could be miserable piles of emo without anyone giving an emo. But later things happened, mere coincidences, I assure you and a few people started to suspect that the group was indeed cursed (spoiler, it actually is).
When enough people in the group believed it was cursed, it became a situation of the group itself believing it was cursed and anyone doubting this going against the group. Sadly few people ever did- it is an annoying facet of human social interactions that people will go along with emo because they perceive emo as "normal".

So you might think that a group of people who didn't know each other from a brick being told that they couldn't be nice would turn into an emo show of insults, nastiness and character assassination and hatred.
It didn't - it went the way I planned very quickly - a "dead group".
No one is offended because no one gives an emo. Nobody wastes their time insulting anyone because the person they are insulting won't read the insulting post and if they do, they won't give an emo. Every now and then someone posts a darkly funny, distasteful or just plain emo meme or link to something nobody bothers to visit. Sometimes there is a discussion on something nobody cares about, people get upset and don't post for months - everybody is happy to not hear from them.

The group works on negativity, you can contribute to it or be effected by it, there are no other options.
I would like to start a lot of these in order to warp and defile online interactions on an energetic/spiritual level.

I am not trying to do so on this website, because that would be rude, hence me posting about the cursed group and how to start your own one.

I'm planning to save up stories of coincidences which happened on the cursed group and compile them into a creepypasta. This is why I would like more people to make other cursed groups.

PS: I tried inviting the Momo Whatsapp demon, but the number I found for her was not active. I'm still holding out hope that Momo will join the Cursed Group.

Last edited by Midnight_Carnival; 11-16-2020 at 09:40 PM. Reason: I forgot to make "emo" bold, which might make people think I was talking about emo, which is dead and not "emo" as swearword
Old 12-15-2020, 12:29 AM   #3
Midnight Blue Moon

I kind of feel like this year has been cursed enough. lol
Midnight Blue Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 02:04 AM   #4
Midnight_Carnival

thank you for reading this the other midnight.

The groups serve as a repository for curses, jynxes and hexes, etc. After joining, any new curses, etc levied against individual members go to the group. The level of malintention and negativity has a limited impact on individual members until one leaves, then it goes with them.
The groups offer limited protection against cursed years, countries, etc.
For myself, 2020 was not a great year, but better than 2019
Old 07-11-2023, 08:36 PM   #5
ninadobrev

I am interested in actively participating and engaging in the discussion or activities within the build now gg group, even if it is known for its challenging and negative atmosphere.
ninadobrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2023, 07:03 AM   #6
THEUNQUIETGRAVE

Actually, the "Death of Forums" in general has largely been a controlled operation by the Powers that control and shape the social dynamics in this world. They want things that way. Forums began to die out with the rise of YouTube, Reddit and other websites, because the interactions are less personal and not part of a "niche" category, and thereby the connections or communications would become with less serious intent. All of it has been engineered and done this way purposely, it is not by accident that forums just "died out" the way they have, and no less when it comes to a Goth forum, which is even more at risk because of how small the subculture actually is.

The thing is though is that to be a True Goth (i.e. if you really despise conformity the way most do), that means essentially "not growing up" to become part of the NPC society, such as getting a corporate career, moving on with life, and doing all the other mundane things people do and becoming a boring drone later on in life. True Goths maintain the lifestyle and love to interact with other Goths no matter how old they get or whatever life changes and responsibilities come their way. That's how you tell the difference between those who truly are, vs. those who truly aren't. I hate emos.
THEUNQUIETGRAVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2023, 08:44 AM   #7
edwardterr

Until a member leaves, the level of bad intent and negativity has little effect on the remaining members. atlanta mold remediation
edwardterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2023, 06:32 PM   #8
blareblare2000

So it stands to reason that you may anticipate an emo display of insults, rudeness, character assassination, and hatred to break out between a group of strangers who didn't know each other from a brick. www.flashpartyphotobooth.com/midland-odessa
blareblare2000 is offline   Reply With Quote