Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 10-17-2004, 07:40 AM   #301
Jane13

I saw that movie earlier this weekend. My friend and I had to lie and say we were 17. It was alright, but... puppet sex... scarred for life.... I liked Kim Jung Il in that movie. Fucking hillarious!
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Jane13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 02:25 PM   #302
Voodoo_Queen

I just saw "He Loves Me, He loves Me Not" starring Audrey Tautou. She plays a Psyco obsessed with a married man, a happy kinda psyco.
Voodoo_Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 11:59 PM   #303
AlKilyu

Shaun of the Dead.

Wow did the makers of this have a hard-on for Army of Darkness, which isn't bad.

Pretty funny. Gave me an idea for a Halloween costume... :P
AlKilyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 10:38 AM   #304
WolfMoon

Ju-On

And now I've been having trouble closing my eyes at night,for the last 3 days!Thanks alot,Al,I hate you now!

But I still love you.

Jerk!
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 10:57 AM   #305
AlKilyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfMoon
Ju-On

And now I've been having trouble closing my eyes at night,for the last 3 days!Thanks alot,Al,I hate you now!

But I still love you.

Jerk!
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

NO SHIT?!?

Which one did you watch? The original or the remake?! What did you think?! I'm so hard right now...

:wink:
Old 10-18-2004, 11:09 AM   #306
WolfMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlKilyu
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfMoon
Ju-On

But I still love you.

Jerk!
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

NO SHIT?!?

Which one did you watch? The original or the remake?! What did you think?! I'm so hard right now...

:wink:
The japanese with sub-titles.I love how they can make a creepy movie without over done effects like american movies.
Old 10-18-2004, 11:11 AM   #307
Manimal

Dont let it go to your head Wolfy... Alkilyu is ALWAYS hard. He can't come over anymore cause he wont stop knocking things off the table when he turns around.
Manimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 11:21 AM   #308
WolfMoon

I seem to have that effect on men and women alike,or maybe the women were she-males?

:lol:
Old 10-18-2004, 11:23 AM   #309
AlKilyu

Yes I agree. My favorite aspect of it is the look of sheer terror on the faces of the victims before you see what it is they are scared shitless of, that really adds to it.

You can sleep Wolfy, you'll just awaken to

I only humped your floor once Manimal, you exaggerate...
Old 10-18-2004, 01:48 PM   #310
Deadhymn

i imagine once was probably enough.

last movie i saw was Romy & Michelle's High School Reunion. funny as shit...gotta love the choreographed dance at the end too...
Deadhymn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 04:56 PM   #311
.BatteryPoison.

I also went to see Team America.

Holy shit this movie held nothing back. Nothing is sacred to these guys. They had the voice of George Clooney in their last South Park movie, yet with this film they're basically mopping the floor with his repuation. Michael Moore showed them in a favorable light in his film "Bowling for Columbine," and yet again they're completey trashing him. The film trashed Penn so bad that he actually wrote in a very disgruntled letter to Parker and Stone about this movie.

The songs were absolutely hysterical. I liked the line in the "Pearl Harbor" song where it says, "I miss you like that movie missed the point." Fucking floored me. I also laughed so hard at the song, "America, Fuck Yeah!" that it's now the main sound file that plays when my computer starts up.

A little too much juvenile humor at parts, but it managed to spark lots of laughs out of me more-or-less in how they got creative with the use of curse words in eleaborate insults/threats. As far as the puppet sex goes... they really milked that for all it's worth. Calling it a sex scene is almost an understatement. LOL.

The sets are where this movie truely shines (beyond the humor). In the scene of New York, the only way I could tell it wasn't actual footage of New York was from looking at the taxi cabs. They put alot of work into the construction, and it looked amazing.

All in all, it's a funny movie as long as you don't walk into the theater being super-serious. The real joke though is what the response is going to be once this film hits the international market.

"I wanna skin me some fetuses and hang 'em, then chase them with hedgeclippers!" - Ice
.BatteryPoison. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 11:08 PM   #312
AlKilyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by .BatteryPoison.
I also went to see Team America.

Holy shit this movie held nothing back. Nothing is sacred to these guys. They had the voice of George Clooney in their last South Park movie, yet with this film they're basically mopping the floor with his repuation. Michael Moore showed them in a favorable light in his film "Bowling for Columbine," and yet again they're completey trashing him. The film trashed Penn so bad that he actually wrote in a very disgruntled letter to Parker and Stone about this movie.
I wondered about that. My hesitation to see this movie (and I want to see it) is the very fact they are, as you said "shown in a favorable light in one of Moore's crap fests..
LOL the Sean Penn thing...someone's been reading the Drudge Report, eh?

edit: TStone I'm a JAck Black fan, the Tenacious D JAck Black, would you recommend that movie on that? Cause I saw Saving Silverman *shiver* on that alone, that and it had Kyle in it for about a minute...
Old 10-19-2004, 12:51 AM   #313
gingerbreadwench

I also saw Envy the other night... I didn't like it. Not enough Christopher Walken... And I hate Amy Poehler. I don't know... the movie just seemed like it was... a first draft or something. Almost as if someone gave the screenwriter a deadline and he wrote the movie the night before.

Tomorrow I am watching Session 9. Care to spoil my expectations, anyone?
Old 10-19-2004, 01:27 AM   #314
AlKilyu

You'll love Session 9, great flick.

It's got the kind of creepyness missing in today's Hollywood movies.

Make sure to turn all the lights out.

Like Bad Dreams, I thought it was going to be predictable, but at the end...nicely done.

Lemmie know what you think of it.
Old 10-19-2004, 08:23 AM   #315
AlKilyu

No what I was asking is regardless of if it sucked would I watch it for Jack Black, was the question.

Silverman had horrid jokes, bad jokes, but Neil Diamond rawks with his kawk out.

I saw Shallow Hal because of Jack (and yes Kyle was in it with a bigger role but still tiny) and found they could have had anyone in that role, it really had nothing to do with him.

Did uh...did you spoil something by telling us a horse died?
Old 10-19-2004, 04:36 PM   #316
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by TStone
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlKilyu
edit: TStone I'm a JAck Black fan, the Tenacious D JAck Black, would you recommend that movie on that? Cause I saw Saving Silverman *shiver* on that alone, that and it had Kyle in it for about a minute...

As for what I would recommend and wouldn’t…if you think me saying, “As a movie, it sucked” is a recommend, then I’m curious what you are substituting for, “As a movie?” As a movie it sucked, but as a Ritz Cracker it hits the fucking spot! As a movie it sucked, but as an anal suppository it really loosens you up! As a movie it sucked, but it’s a fandamntastic amusment park with cotton candy and hot dogs and roller coasters and beer and character costumes and cotton candy and people from all over the world and cameras and strollers and cotton candy and dirty baby diapers and ********** in costume groping young kids and tickets and long lines and sweaty disgruntled customers and cotton candy.
May I take this moment to say:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

:lol:

Carry on...

Oh and Peter Jackson's Bad Taste?

RUN AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMFG was that unbearable..Not even "Bad" in the so shitty its fucking funny way, JUST FRIGGIN AWFUL!!!

Nuff said...

:shock:
Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 04:56 PM   #317
Loy

A few.....

"Red Dawn"-There are films that appeal to the lowest common denominator of the more Right-thinking aspects of our society, then there's "Red Dawn"-the ULTIMATE film for corn-poke white-trash adolescents from Kansas that spend too much time on the Playstation, then bitch about how the Mexer's and other sundry foreigners are taking our jobs away. If you haven't seen this forgotten-masterpiece of Reaganite paranoia, here's the plot-Russia (along with Cuba) takes over the US, and it's up to a group of High Schoolers to kick the Soviet army's ass outta here! Definately not for the realists, but if you're into the mindless popcorn flicks (like I am) with Patrick Swayze and C. Thomas Howell and lots of adolescent-geared violence, then this bad boy's for you!

"The Gay Agenda"-This is that 20 minute "documentary" that churches passed around in the 90's purporting to tell the "truth" about what those pesky homos were REALLY up to. All I can say is that it's one of the most paranoid ignorent pieces of garbage I've ever run across, and that's what makes it one of the most hilarious films ever!...oh yeah, I can also say that if 10% of how homo's had sex, and how often they did it, according to this film were true, I'd hate them also, but it'd be more out of jealousy than anything else.

"American Gigolo"-This is the film that shot both Richard Gere and Blondie's "Call Me" to the top. In it, Gere plays an upscale hustler who's set up for a murder, and alongside this, he starts to fall in love with one of his clients. Director/writer Paul Schrader has said many times that his films were basically rewritings of Robert Bresson's "Pickpocket", but to be honest, this is the film that's closest to the originals sense of represssion right before the moment of transcendence (both films have the same ending, even).

It's also the perfect film to point out the flaws of Paul Schrader, director-Paul Schrader, scriptwriter is one of those untouchables. Seriously. His scripts are some of the most perfectly wrought and callibrated scripts ever written for the screen ("Taxi Driver", "Raging Bull", "The Yakuza", etc). The problem is that Schrader-director, for the most part, is a man educated beyond all instinct. All of his films hold a fascination because even though the ideas driving them are brilliant, he just can't seem to feel anything for the film itself (a really good example is his reworking of "Cat People", which tried to marry Dante with Cocteau). Now, there have been shots of brilliance throughout his career ("Mishima" and "Affliction" you just can't fuck with, and "The Comfort Of Strangers" and "Blue Collar" are, for the most part, great), but "AG" falls into the "fascinating-but-flawed" spectrum, and one gets even more pissed off when they realise that this was the man that helped define the New American cinema of the 70's...he should be better than he actually is, damnit!
Old 10-19-2004, 09:14 PM   #318
Loy

and EPS, you're wrong..."Bad Taste" is genius!!! Not genius in the "Dead Alive" genius, but genius in the "Ricki-Oh!!" sense of genius!

"7 Up"-"7 Up" is the first of a provocative and engaging series of films that also stands as the longest running study of specific people ever. For those unfamiliar....starting in the 60's, director Michael Apted interview a group of 7 year olds (hence the title), and has returned to the same group of kids every 7 years to see how they've progressed. (the series is now up to "42 Up"). The first three had never been released in America, so I had seen "28"-"42" before finally seeing the first one (which has finally been released). While some might view this as liken to reading the last page of a mystery novel, I'd disagree-all the series does is WATCH these people go about their daily lives. What makes this series so special is how each person is accepted (by Apted) for who they are, and not romanticised or demonised. Apted's not-so-obvious humanistic love of people shines through every moment of heartbreak and triumph, and makes the audience realise that the most minor of events and happenings are what life is really about. Apted's gift (which I do consider a gift, whether he realises it or not) with this series is unforced compassion which is somehow transmuted within the audience....and "7 Up" is the start of that long wonderous journey....

"Unfaithful Wife"-There was this Chabrol box set that came out eralier this year, and I finally got around to watching them....in case you don't know, Claude Chabrol was one of the members of the French New Wave who, alongside Francois Truffaut and Jean-Luc Godard, literally changed cinema (not just with their films, but their critiques and essays on the greatness of such trash directors as Alfred Hitchcock and Howard Hawks). If Chabrol's style is close to any director, it'd probably be Hitchcock. However, where Hitch winks at the audience, Chabrol's cold intellectualism distances them, forcing the audience to take the film on it's own terms.

You'd think this'd be a bad thing, and if it were another director, it probably would, but Chabrol's black sense of humour, his perfect control over the mis-en-scene, and his secret weapon (wife Stephane Auden) keeps the audience on edge and wanting to watch more.

"Unfaithful Wife" is about a husband who finds out that his wife has been cheating on him. He confronts the other man and accidentally kills him. The rest of the film plays out the tragic reconciliation between the married couple and who will go to jail.....if this sounds familiar, it was remade as "Unfaithful" a few years ago. And comparing the two points out one thing-a film doesn't need to appease the audience in order for them to enjoy it. And it also proves that Adrian Lynch cares too much about surface beauty to ever make anything deeper than a puddle.
Old 10-19-2004, 10:48 PM   #319
AlKilyu

Whoa now hey...Loy you gotta realize some things first.

That movie came out in the height of the Cold-War. At the time the Russians and Mexicans were our enemy. :wink:

This movie was great in it's time, and I grew up in a middle-class neighborhood in the NW.

Me and the other kids in the neighborhood ran around with our guns and our "Wolverines!" battlecry, shooting at bad guys. Hell my buddy Steve let us dig one of those traps in his backyard to match the scene where the Russians were chasing the girl through the field just as the "Wolverienes!" lifted up that piece of ground at shot them commies dead!

We uh...we spent like a week making the thing and lost interest in the finished product an hour later.

But yeah that movie was made for a particular time period, which doesn't apply now.

Now Road House, there is a guilty pleasure!
Old 10-20-2004, 12:29 PM   #320
WolfMoon

Al

You earn the title of

*dum dum dum dum dum*

Evil Bastard!

For that pic!!!

Bleh!
Old 10-20-2004, 12:39 PM   #321
Deadhymn

Im going to agree with Al on this one....when i was little Red Dawn ROCKED (and fed my obsession with Bueller's sister...heh). still does. you have to leave it in context to watch it. trying to critique it now with a new set of rules doesnt work, and that doesnt mean its not a classic because it isnt universal.
Old 10-20-2004, 01:17 PM   #322
KidFedaykin

Movies !!!!

I fear not being flamed. but I just saw Resident Evil: Apocaplypse and I enjoyed it. Valentine is my new fantasy.

then I watched Man on fire and cried alot.

then I watched the butterfly effect and don't hate that 70's guy so much anymore.

All in one day baby

Wyorm
KidFedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 05:33 PM   #323
gingerbreadwench

Session 9 was pretty cool. Don't know what to rent next though. Blockbuster IS my only option (trust me, I wish it weren't), so I'm a bit limited I guess.
Old 10-20-2004, 10:44 PM   #324
AlKilyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbreadwench
Session 9 was pretty cool. Don't know what to rent next though. Blockbuster IS my only option (trust me, I wish it weren't), so I'm a bit limited I guess.
Hmm...Blockbuster, eh?

Well I am gonna suggest horror movies, so before I even begin I'll wait and see if that is your cup of tea(potscar!)
Old 10-22-2004, 10:57 AM   #325
Deadhymn

Im going to suggest horror whether you like it or not ginger!

Raw Meat for the insane premise and the pre-Halloween Donald Pleasance.

and Deranged for the best portrayal of Ed Gein ever.
Blockbuster should have both of these.