Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 10-09-2005, 12:53 AM   #1
ghostposts

Earthquake

Our thoughts and hopes are with the people of south Asia. I hope the response to help is swift in coming, and that you and your friends and loved ones are safe. Know that we are thinking of you.
ghostposts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 02:43 PM   #2
AlKilyu

Thank you ghosty.

Death Toll Surpasses 30,000 in Asia Quake

The news stations, even my favorite, are not making that big of a deal about this. 30,000 people are dead, a number that will surely rise, hundreds of thousands more hurt and homeless, and no one seems to be making a big deal of it.

Katrina was horrible no doubt, and that was discussed constantly. I did expect to see this thread to have responses in it.

And this is all happening how many months after the worst natural disaster to hit in recorded history? Poor India...

edit:

thank you Eyes...
AlKilyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 02:49 PM   #3
pitseleh

Just... heartbreaking. If I prayed at all, I would do so for the people hit by this tragedy. How many more of these disasters are there gonna be? Seems like the whole world is falling apart...
pitseleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 03:28 PM   #4
ghostposts

I got some good news today. A fiend of mine is safe, and her family are all in New Delhi, away from the area of effect.

I wish I could do more than offer cyberhugs at a time like this. But, it helps, I'm told.

Sending positive enrgies and prayers like crazy for these new victims and for all of us. I seem to be spending an awful lot of my time doing this now adays. Mother nature is being a total bitch this year. Tack on war, disease, poverty and social problems, folks having trouble making the bills or getting the help they need from services and organizations, and I'm getting to be an old hand at praying.

Hopefully, 2006 will cut us all a break. If not, Ah'm gonna get totally wasted and post drunk on my arse, just to fuck with fate. I need a little self-generated trouble to counterbalance all the crap we're having. 'Sides, we all need to get our arses into trouble every now and then. Keeps the juices flowing.
ghostposts is offline   Reply With Quote