Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 04-05-2010, 07:04 AM   #1
ugh...

Re-reintroducing Myself

Hello, there! My name is Cielo and I've actually been a member here since 2004. I had to take a leave of absence from the boards a few years ago after getting a second job and having very little free time. I am back now, though.

I'm a 20-almost 21-year old college student in ::cough cough:: New Hampshire. I hale originally from Lowell, Ma and my family is from there. I'm an Equine Science major and hope one day to compete in the Olympic Equestrian Games (big dreams, but everyone needs a goal).

I've been Goth for 6 years now. Back in the old days I was a jeans and black tee type gal. I dabbled in industrial, tried Gothic Lol**a, and then found my niche in the Victorian Goth style. Nowadays, when I'm not in my riding clothes, I enjoy fine silk blouses with draping black pants or lacy skirts. I try to show of my tattoos as much as possible. I have horse shoes on my hip and "Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names. - John F Kennedy" on my shoulder. My look is definitely "dark" if not so much "goth" as it used to be.

I'm coming back on the boards to look for people with similar interests and reconnect with old friends. Hope to see you around!
ugh... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 10:31 AM   #2
ugh...

Oh, and here is my questionnaire!

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job) I am a professional student and horseback rider. I specialize in training horses to event through novice level and jump up to 3'6".

2. Where are you from? I'm from Lowell, but I live at UNH now.

3. Who is your favorite author? My favorite author is DEFINITELY Hunter S. Thompson

4. What are your favorite films? I looove Dead Poet's Society, Nightmare Before Christmas, The Village, Hard Candy, and Silence of the Lambs.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding? I don't plan on getting married.

6. At your funeral? I dunno, but I want a bagpipe there! Amazing Grace has always been hauntingly beautiful to me, too. I sang that at funerals when I was younger.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die? NOT AT WORK. I don't want a horse to kill me. That being said I'd like to go knowing that it's coming. Looking down the barrel of the gun, or by assisted suicide.

8. What kind of casket would you want? OOOOOH! I want a mahogany casket with maroon velvet trim and a black pillow below my head.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit? My PL 6inch platform knee-high boots, a knee length layered lace skirt and my red velvet corset. I'd put on a nice beaded necklace that I made, too.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid? I miss the unconditional hope I had.

11. What's your favorite band? Joy Division, Bauhaus, Depeche Mode (not goth per-say but really good), Nine Inch Nails (also not too goth), VAST, and MSI.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major? I graduated High School with High Honors, in 3 honor societies and went straight to UNH. Now I'm a junior Equine Science major.

13. Why did you join? God, I can't remember, I joined so long ago. I came back to re-connect with the internet goth community.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender? I'm Female, but I don't like to be defined by gender.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:40 AM   #3
korinna5555

Welcome back.
I'm a horse person, too. :]
Old 04-05-2010, 11:33 AM   #4
Tam Li Hua

Welcome back. =)
Old 04-05-2010, 04:45 PM   #5
ugh...

Thanks!!!!
Old 04-05-2010, 06:05 PM   #6
Corpsey

Are you from the Castle of Ugh.......?

"I've never regretted anything..." - Light Yagami

Life is a shit sandwich. Unfortunately, it's always lunchtime. How much bread you have goes a long way toward determining how easy it is to swallow.
Corpsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 06:44 PM   #7
Pineapple_Juice

The way I figure it is if I really liked horses I wouldn't ride them or make them do stupid tricks.

Question: Why is it that when the horse jumps over something high, it's the rider that gets the trophy?
Old 04-05-2010, 09:11 PM   #8
JethroAranas

Welcome back ugh. I don't plan on getting married too. I think we'll click. Will you marry me?
Old 04-06-2010, 06:54 AM   #9
Mariner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineapple_Juice View Post
The way I figure it is if I really liked horses I wouldn't ride them or make them do stupid tricks.

Question: Why is it that when the horse jumps over something high, it's the rider that gets the trophy?
I really don't think the horse would have much use for the trophy, I'm sure it would rather have some nice oats or an apple.

Welcome ugh...!
Mariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 02:34 PM   #10
ape descendant

OOOhhh horses are awesome, and smart... I love them.
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote