Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 05-22-2010, 01:22 PM   #3676
the-nihilist

Let me know how it goes.
Old 05-22-2010, 02:26 PM   #3677
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
I think the part that bothers me the most is the fact that the kids were very nice and well behaved, they had no problem waiting with me at the desk, even though we keep it a bit chilly (they just asked if they could have a couple of extra towels). There are so few well behaved kids these days, I hate seeing them treated like that.
Not that any kids deserve that kind of negligent treatment, but it does make you wonder how the kids are growing up well behaved when they have such bad role-models. Thank goodness someone had a watchful eye on them.

Solumina, you know those thankless jobs everyone always talks about?

Thanks.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 05:39 PM   #3678
Saya

I normally love kids, but today after work I couldn't look at them while I was shopping with my friend. Mothers, if you want your eight year old son to sit and watch you change in the fitting room, thats your business and I suppose you want to keep your eye on him, but don't leave him out in the store only to have him crying and bawling trying to find you. And open the door so he can get in, don't tell him to crawl under the door. He's too fat to fit under it and down there he can see into the fitting rooms on either side. ARGH.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 09:05 PM   #3679
horse

the man keeps taxing me even though taxes are supposed to pay me lol
horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 03:43 PM   #3680
Anarasha

I hate conflicts -.- They make me stressed and pissy for days.
Anarasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 06:48 PM   #3681
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
My father died early last Wednesday morning. I am not really ranting, it just seemed this was the best place to post this announcement.

It was a mercy he went quickly, in full possession of his faculties all the way to the end: Tuesday night he went to bed at 9 PM after working his farm chores, woke up at 11 PM and took aspirin for a headache, at 1 AM his wife (my step mother, but I don't really call her that) called an ambulance because she thought he had a stroke, by the time they ran him through the CAT scan it showed a brain filled with blood and by 6 AM he was gone.

I hope I go that way, although I hope I live a little longer, he was 3 days shy of his 80th birthday. His memorial is next week.

I am at peace with his passing as we stayed in touch regularly and told each other I love you every time, so we we had no unfinished business between us.

RIP Dad. Say hello to my sister.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 12:16 AM   #3682
triggerhappi26

I am very sorry to hear this.

My condolences
triggerhappi26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 12:25 AM   #3683
Still Jack

I've been spewing up shit for the last 32 hours. whenever I eat something it comes right back up. This Is why I hate festivals, I always end up with a fucked immune system. But I did get to see star fucking hipsters. so that's cool.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:43 AM   #3684
MissCheyenne

Sorry to hear that Humane.
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 11:04 AM   #3685
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanePain View Post
My father died early last Wednesday morning ... It was a mercy he went quickly, in full possession of his faculties all the way to the end ... I hope I go that way, although I hope I live a little longer, he was 3 days shy of his 80th birthday. His memorial is next week.
I am sorry to hear of his passing, but am relieved to learn the circumstances. When my appointed time comes, I wouldn't mind going that way too ... although I could do without the headache.

Quote:
I am at peace with his passing as we stayed in touch regularly and told each other I love you every time, so we we had no unfinished business between us.
That is very, very good. I'm glad you had the relationship worked out right. Mourning is difficult but can be withstood; regret is harder and sometimes insurmountable.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Old 05-24-2010, 06:52 PM   #3686
HumanePain

Thanks guys. I'm ok, but thanks for your sympathies.

Old 05-24-2010, 08:13 PM   #3687
M.Valdemar

Quote:
My father died early last Wednesday morning. I am not really ranting, it just seemed this was the best place to post this announcement.

It was a mercy he went quickly, in full possession of his faculties all the way to the end: Tuesday night he went to bed at 9 PM after working his farm chores, woke up at 11 PM and took aspirin for a headache, at 1 AM his wife (my step mother, but I don't really call her that) called an ambulance because she thought he had a stroke, by the time they ran him through the CAT scan it showed a brain filled with blood and by 6 AM he was gone.

I hope I go that way, although I hope I live a little longer, he was 3 days shy of his 80th birthday. His memorial is next week.

RIP Dad. Say hello to my sister.

My condolences.
M.Valdemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 08:45 PM   #3688
Pineapple_Juice

Wow, Humane. I know you said you were okay and stuff but still, sorry about it anyway.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:59 PM   #3689
HumanePain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineapple_Juice View Post
Wow, Humane. I know you said you were okay and stuff but still, sorry about it anyway.
Yeah, the first couple days were heavy, but then spending time with my grandson (my dad's great-grandson) helped give back some perspective. One smile from him and I could not help but smile back. =)

But thanks.

Old 05-25-2010, 02:03 AM   #3690
Anarasha

My condolences Humane.
I am glad you do not feel regret. And I am glad he did not suffer much.
Old 05-25-2010, 03:06 AM   #3691
HumanePain

Thanks Anarasha. It's odd: I never would have thought when I joined this board years ago for fun that I would be announce becoming a grandfather and announce my dad's death too. You guys have really grown on me.

Old 05-25-2010, 03:59 PM   #3692
JCC

My girlfriend treats revision with the almost ascetic devotion that I wish I had and since we're into exams season now it means I'm seeing less and less of her until late June.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 01:42 AM   #3693
Anarasha

I am not doing anything at all because I am already done with the assigments for yesterday and today while the others are still working on it. Oh joy.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:31 AM   #3694
honeythorn

I'm really annoyed at an aqquaintence. He's had a rant on is facebook wall about a woman breastfeeding in the coffee shop. Saying he's paid the extra to sit in the shop and eat and that he shouldn't have to look at that.

WELL DON'T FUCKING LOOK DICKHEAD!!!

Some of his pals are chiming in saying she should have asked people if they minded her breastfeeding her baby. They're basically sayng this woman pretty much needs to ask people's permission/acceptance to fucking feed her child. It's nothing to do with courtesy, it's nothing to do with anything. She requires no permission or acceptance from anyone to feed her child in the absolutely most natural manner known to humanity (or mammals in general)

I mean for fucks sake, it's a brief flash of a nipple before the kid latches on. I've yet to see any breastfeeding woman rip her top off, get both tits out and loudly declaim she's going to feed her kid while sitting there swinging free and showing everyone.

Yet this twat is for all intents and purposes making out that this was the case.

Every woman I've ever seen feeding this way has been very discreet about what she gets out, the kid doesn't need a whole tit, just the nipple and that's all I've ever seen anyone expose.

Nothing was stopping him or anyone else from looking elsewhere, reading a book, stuffing his fat face with more cake. Perhaps she and her baby didn't want to look at a 28 stone mammoth of a man shovelling food down his gullet.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 12:41 PM   #3695
donmara

My aunt is annoying as fuck. She needs dick.
donmara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 12:56 PM   #3696
ape descendant

I concur honeythorn... it is fucking retarded when people bitch about a mom breastfeeding. It really should be a non issue.

Any one who openly complains about it, is probably some sad, little, controlfreak, troll.

Its just a boob and a baby.. big deal.

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 02:14 PM   #3697
Ben Lahnger

Hey, boobs are teh sexy, but a woman who needs to breastfeed her baby should be able to do so. I would hope she would be as discreet as possible about it (and every woman I have ever seen do it was very discreet) and I would hope other people would be able to deal with this better than behaving like someone from the 1930's.

And to be honest, seeing a woman breastfeed doesn't look sexy or dirty or somehow forbidden ... it looks natural and loving and right. It's not a turn-on or turn-off. To me, it's just a reassuring sign that a child is getting the care and nurturing he or she needs.

How do people freak out irrationally about this and then think it's the mother that has the problem?

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 05-28-2010, 04:53 PM   #3698
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger View Post
And to be honest, seeing a woman breastfeed doesn't look sexy or dirty or somehow forbidden ... it looks natural and loving and right. It's not a turn-on or turn-off. To me, it's just a reassuring sign that a child is getting the care and nurturing he or she needs.
I think its that some people can't think of breasts as anything but sexual, and can't seem to realize that they're the ones being pervy but making it out like the mother is pervy by, you know, using her boobs for what they are meant to do. Hey, if we have to see man boobs everywhere in the summer, there's no reason to tell a woman that she can't discreetly breastfeed.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 05:11 PM   #3699
triggerhappi26

You know it's legal for women to go topless too, but idiots like the one who had a problem with just breast feeding discourage women from taking that right.

It's so taboo to show your breasts because they've been deemed sexual.

Stupid.
triggerhappi26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 05:51 PM   #3700
Ben Lahnger

Well, I'm not sure I'd go that far. Are buttocks sexual? Society has some definite attitudes about that.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,