Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 03-18-2009, 09:01 AM   #1
Hatsumomo

Hello.

Hello there.
I don't really have a desire to answer the questions posed into the introduction to introductions thread, but if you'd like to ask me any, I'll answer them.
Hatsumomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 09:14 AM   #2
Pyre

People here will mainly want to know which bands you prefer to listen to.

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" The Bible (Matthew 7:12)
Pyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 09:19 AM   #3
jack_the_knife

Could you name a few preferred authors too?
jack_the_knife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 09:20 AM   #4
isobel black

And movies, maybe?
isobel black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 09:41 AM   #5
Hatsumomo

Sure, I can tell you those things.
I like to listen to a wide variety of music, and really, I'm not naming all the bands I like, but to make sure no one gets his or her panties in a bunch, I will mention I enjoy goth rock.

As far as authors go, while I do enjoy reading novels, I much prefer non-fiction and poetry. I enjoy Yeats, Cummings, Baudelaire, and a great deal of others.

I'm not too into movies, but one I particularly enjoy, as you may have guessed, is Memoirs of a Geisha. Of course, the book is lovely, too. I tend to have a thing for French and Asian films. Delicatessen, Paris, Je t'aime, and Fantastic Planet for French, and Audition, A Tale of Two Sisters, and the like are my favorite for Asian.
Old 03-18-2009, 11:32 AM   #6
Beowulf

Hello and welcome, I hope you enjoy your time here !!!.
live the gods of yesterday.

Be excellent to one another !!!.
Beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 03:33 PM   #7
Pyre

Delicatessen was a weeeeird movie.

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" The Bible (Matthew 7:12)
Pyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 04:23 PM   #8
Hatsumomo

You're all charming.
Old 03-18-2009, 05:09 PM   #9
gothicusmaximus

Holy shit, this user's devil-may-care attitude is extremely cool. His or her bold rebellion against the establishment, enacted by refusing to answer the gothic.net intro questionnaire, has left me breathless. Never have I witnessed such audacity.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 05:14 PM   #10
viscus

So where are you from? What do you do? What are your hobbies?

I don't care for the sticky questionnaire either, but it would be nice if you took at least a little initiative to tell us about yourself without being asked.

"Now some of you may encounter the devil's bargain if you get that far. Any old soul is worth saving at least to a priest, but not every soul is worth buying. So you can take the offer as a compliment."

-William S. Burroughs

You're not entitled to your opinion.
viscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 05:26 PM   #11
Hatsumomo

I'm from the United States, and as you can tell, I've got a thing for Japan, so some of my hobbies include practicing making different types of Japanese food (which I'm not great at), and collecting odds and ends from/reminiscent of Japan.

I dance, and I make candy.
Old 03-20-2009, 03:50 AM   #12
qrst748

requiem

you wrote an interesting post today on Here,thanks for your requiem gold and requiem lant
qrst748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 07:24 AM   #13
viscus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatsumomo View Post
I'm from the United States, and as you can tell, I've got a thing for Japan, so some of my hobbies include practicing making different types of Japanese food (which I'm not great at), and collecting odds and ends from/reminiscent of Japan.

I dance, and I make candy.
Ah. You could say I have a thing for Japan too, seeing as I live here.

Memoirs of a Geisha was an interesting novel. I skipped the movie because it seemed totally Hollywoodified and cast all of Asia's biggest stars, never mind that most of them are Chinese. But the novel was written by an American, so I suppose that point is rather moot.

If you really think you like all things Japanese, you might check out the work of Souseki Natsume and Akira Kurosawa.

"Now some of you may encounter the devil's bargain if you get that far. Any old soul is worth saving at least to a priest, but not every soul is worth buying. So you can take the offer as a compliment."

-William S. Burroughs

You're not entitled to your opinion.
viscus is offline   Reply With Quote