Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 04-12-2006, 09:32 AM   #1
CreepyTendencies

CreepyTendencies

I'm not very good at the whole mini-bio thing, so I'll just stick with the questionaire given above:

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job) I'm currently a college student. I love horror books, but my tastes can wander. I also am a huge horror movie fan.

2. Where are you from? Southern California, Los Angeles area, born & raised....and still there.

3. Who is your favorite author? Many authors come to mind, but above all I have an affinity for Edward Lee.

4. What are your favorite films? Both of the Saw films, Shaun of the Dead, Interview with the Vampire (but the books are better), Ab-Normal Beauty, the Halloween films, the Friday the 13th films (though there are some rotten apples among them), Ginger Snaps, Battle Royale, The Eye, The Fog (the original), Prince of Darkness.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding? I'm already married, and we played traditional stuff to please the 'rents. Been kicking myself in the hindside ever since.

6. At your funeral? Something atmospheric and creepy, yet beautiful.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die? Peacefully. Knowing that I accomplished as much as I could with the time given to me.

8. What kind of casket would you want? Something simple and, of course, black. Nothing too ornate or expensive.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit? Comfortable black pants and a black shirt with my 10 year old comfy docs.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid? Innocence and ignorance. I guess that's 2 things, though they do go hand in hand.

11. What's your favorite band? I have many, and can't narrow it down to one. I'm currently enjoying The Birthday Massacre, Flesh Field, Disown, and Abney Park. Lacuna Coil is a definite favorite. I've also been a fan of Tori Amos since Little Earthquakes first came out.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major? As previously stated, I'm currently a college student. I'm finishing up a major in Environmental Biology and a minor in Chemistry. I'm also debating adding a second major.

13. Why did you join? Because this looks like an interesting place to exchange ideas and interests and meet new people.

14. Gender? Female
CreepyTendencies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 09:38 AM   #2
CreepyTendencies

Works for me! I'm known as CT or CreepyT on other forums, but whatever floats your boat!
Old 04-12-2006, 09:49 AM   #3
CreepyTendencies

Appropriately quoted! Thank you!
Old 04-12-2006, 10:03 AM   #4
CreepyTendencies

I'm 24, and my docs are quite old. I bought them big, because my mother hated buying new shoes (and clothes for that matter) every year and forced my brother and I to buy a size or so larger than we really were. But I'm also one of those weird people who went through a major growth spurt over the course of one year in middle school and then didn't really grow much after that.

How old are you?
Old 04-12-2006, 10:08 AM   #5
CreepyTendencies

What are you studying?
Old 04-12-2006, 10:10 AM   #6
Sobeh

Welcome, CreTen (haha, get it?)! Glad to see you among us. I wonder, what it is you're in college for? Xng, you can answer too if that isn't a threadjack.. I'm a grad student in comparative religion.

Anyway Creep, I hope you stick around, you sound like one of the good ones!
The phrase "we (I) (you) simply must---" designates something that need not be done. "That goes without saying" is a red warning. "Of course" means you had best check it yourself. These small-change cliches and others like them, when read correctly, are reliable channel markers.
Sobeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 10:10 AM   #7
Wise Child

Welcome, Creepy. Nice intro.

A dream is just a nightmare with lipstick ~ Toni Morrison
Wise Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 10:20 AM   #8
CreepyTendencies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobeh
Welcome, CreTen (haha, get it?)! Glad to see you among us. I wonder, what it is you're in college for? Xng, you can answer too if that isn't a threadjack.. I'm a grad student in comparative religion.

Anyway Creep, I hope you stick around, you sound like one of the good ones!
Yes, I get it ;-).

As stated above, I'm majoring in Environmental Biology and minoring in Chemistry.
Old 04-12-2006, 10:21 AM   #9
CreepyTendencies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise Child
Welcome, Creepy. Nice intro.
Thank you!
Old 04-12-2006, 10:41 AM   #10
CreepyTendencies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
In order to prevent a threadjack, if anyone has further questions for me my intro thread is here:
https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=1659

Wow, sciences, Creep? I'm jealous! I just can't get the hang of sciences. What do you hope to do with your degree?
English?! I had thought about that for quite a while, and am still considering adding it as a minor or second major. I love to read and write.

I have no idea what I'm going to do with my degree. Unfortunately, it seems there is little I can do with my degree unless I want to become a professor (which is a definite NO). I've looked into other opportunities as far as working for USGS or becoming some other form of research peon, but none of the options seem all that appealing. Hence the reason I'm seriously considering adding a second major. As much as I love the sciences, I'm finding that they aren't too terribly practical when it comes to finding a job in the "real world" (aka: non-academia).
Old 04-12-2006, 11:31 AM   #11
Niels

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreepyTendencies
As previously stated, I'm currently a college student. I'm finishing up a major in Environmental Biology and a minor in Chemistry. I'm also debating adding a second major.
Quote:
I'm finding that they aren't too terribly practical when it comes to finding a job in the "real world"
really? You'd say that at especially at this time, with all the enviromental debates going on, there would be loads of work to do... not only research but a job in the 'real world' as well... I don't know, I'm not really familiar with that branch...

Anyway, welcome! Please stick around like gum...
Old 04-12-2006, 11:40 AM   #12
Sobeh

Quote:
As much as I love the sciences, I'm finding that they aren't too terribly practical when it comes to finding a job in the "real world" (aka: non-academia).
Really?! That's very odd... I was under the impression that us Humanities scholars were the ones stuck in Academia, and that you Sciences folk were just raking in the (wo)men and the riches.

Being stuck here is all right, mind you - I'm heading straight for professorial obscurity (and why don't you think that's a good fit for yourself?) - but now it seems that anyone getting a college degree is just screwed.

Barista skills might just trump my Masters Degree, which would make me cry a lot.
The phrase "we (I) (you) simply must---" designates something that need not be done. "That goes without saying" is a red warning. "Of course" means you had best check it yourself. These small-change cliches and others like them, when read correctly, are reliable channel markers.
Sobeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 11:56 AM   #13
angel011

Welcome, Creep! Cool avatar, I love it.

Once upon a time I planned to study molecular biology, but at the last moment changed my mind and decided I wanted to be a writer.
Old 04-12-2006, 01:18 PM   #14
CreepyTendencies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niels
really? You'd say that at especially at this time, with all the enviromental debates going on, there would be loads of work to do... not only research but a job in the 'real world' as well... I don't know, I'm not really familiar with that branch...

Anyway, welcome! Please stick around like gum...
It just seems like so many jobs in the science field require a Masters and a PhD. I've looked into many extended education programs at many schools, and the vast majority are geared towards becoming a professor. So many programs have teaching elements, and that's just not for me. Where is all the current research going on? At universities by professors (unless of course you're in the medical field - and my studies have been geared towards evolution and ecology).
Old 04-12-2006, 01:20 PM   #15
CreepyTendencies

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel011
Welcome, Creep! Cool avatar, I love it.

Once upon a time I planned to study molecular biology, but at the last moment changed my mind and decided I wanted to be a writer.
Thanks for the welcome!

Molecular Bio is intense. What kinds of things do you write?
Old 04-12-2006, 01:24 PM   #16
tenet_2012

Yes, welcome.

Thanks for being coherrent.

--Geisha
tenet_2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 01:24 PM   #17
CreepyTendencies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobeh
Really?! That's very odd... I was under the impression that us Humanities scholars were the ones stuck in Academia, and that you Sciences folk were just raking in the (wo)men and the riches.

Being stuck here is all right, mind you - I'm heading straight for professorial obscurity (and why don't you think that's a good fit for yourself?) - but now it seems that anyone getting a college degree is just screwed.

Barista skills might just trump my Masters Degree, which would make me cry a lot.
You're rich if you're into pharmaceuticals ;-).

I agree. It does seem that anyone going for a college degree is quite screwed. You really can't get anywhere useful without a college degree (or have some kind of incredible talent - which I, sadly, do not). But on the other hand, if you get a college degree you spend a great deal of time in academia only to come out in debt up to your ears and any extra money you may be earning goes directly towards paying off student loans. It's a conundrum.
Old 04-12-2006, 01:47 PM   #18
succubus,queenofvampires

Hey CT. Welcome!!

Whoa, you love sciences too!
I like you already!
succubus,queenofvampires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 01:53 PM   #19
Saya

*sniff* Is there no relief for students?! I'm thinking I'm going to major in English (lets see how I do this term) with a minor in Folklore. I envision my future as the stereotypical burger flipping English major. "And if you want fries with that, for free I'll recite Macbeth's Tomorrow and Tomorrow monologue."

Welcome! And if you're an asshole, keep it to yourself, for me. I think all but two people I've ever greeted has turned out to be one (yet...), I can't handle being a jinx!
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 01:56 PM   #20
Bete Noire

Welcome.

(How original my welcome message is...)
Bete Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 02:01 PM   #21
CreepyTendencies

Quote:
Originally Posted by succubus,queenofvampires
Hey CT. Welcome!!

Whoa, you love sciences too!
I like you already!
Yay! A fellow science nerd! Which particular field interests you?
Old 04-12-2006, 02:04 PM   #22
CreepyTendencies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya
*sniff* Is there no relief for students?! I'm thinking I'm going to major in English (lets see how I do this term) with a minor in Folklore. I envision my future as the stereotypical burger flipping English major. "And if you want fries with that, for free I'll recite Macbeth's Tomorrow and Tomorrow monologue."

Welcome! And if you're an asshole, keep it to yourself, for me. I think all but two people I've ever greeted has turned out to be one (yet...), I can't handle being a jinx!
A minor in folklore certainly sounds intriguing. I don't mean to sound fatalistic about college. Some people get along just fine. My experience has just been sub-par I suppose.

I certainly don't aim to be an asshole, but do let me know if I inadvertently push anyone's buttons.
Old 04-12-2006, 02:05 PM   #23
Saya

Hehe, if you do, you'll know ^_^ but I have a feeling you'll be just fine.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 02:05 PM   #24
CreepyTendencies

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenet_2012
Yes, welcome.

Thanks for being coherrent.
Thank you for the welcome! Does coherency tend to be a problem around here?! :-P
Old 04-12-2006, 02:06 PM   #25
CreepyTendencies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bete Noire
Welcome.

(How original my welcome message is...)
Thank you!