Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 10-30-2009, 03:07 PM   #51
vindicatedxjin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
I was nice enough to give you a warning for your racist rant instead of giving you an actual infraction, a move that you immediately threw in my face by quoting the notification that you received and posting it openly on the boards.

Or did you want en example where we both managed to not me rude?

Don't worry, I highly doubt anyone thought anything less of you from doing that, considering like 6 other people did the same thing. Fact is that I found it very unnecessary that you, and them... got SO offended about that... yet whenever someone makes a fat remark or sexist remark it's not as big of a deal...if were all people and were all the same, then what is the difference right? And how can you consider giving me a warning as such a kind thing to do...you could have just messaged me and said "Connie, I don't think you should have been so blunt about your beliefs on a public forum." It's as simple as that, I'm not looking to argue...

Bring Kontan Back
vindicatedxjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 03:54 PM   #52
Not Tha Duckman

Shut up, bigot.
Not Tha Duckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 03:55 PM   #53
vindicatedxjin

Duckman...I get enough meanness in life thrown at me as it is.

Bring Kontan Back
Old 10-30-2009, 03:57 PM   #54
Not Tha Duckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Tha Duckman View Post
Shut up, bigot.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Not Tha Duckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 03:57 PM   #55
Solumina

Jin, you're not my friend so I'm not about to do the virtual equivalent of taking you aside to have a little heart to heart in an attempt to help you save face. A warning isn't any more harsh than sending a PM, it just isn't as personal, though I did at least put forth the effort to attempt to view you in the most sympathetic light possible and the wording of the warning said as much.

You also can't assume that nobody has said anything when other people have made offensive remarks as warnings, infractions, reported posts, and PMs are all private. Not to mention that there is a difference between spouting bigoted hate speech against a rather large segment of the human population (which you did) and calling someone out on something that they have done (such as when people call you an idiot).
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 06:21 PM   #56
the-nihilist

Time is going by really, really slow guys... I think we're dead.
Old 10-30-2009, 09:35 PM   #57
Krick Wurkheiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrliin View Post
Yeah, I am one... it sucks, not to mention I am in a tiny little town, where I am the only goth, and the others are rednecks, and my mom forces me too do it...but anyway...Are there any of my Fellow Home schooled goths here>
I am. Homeschooled till 15, I was always on the outside looking in... Actually, I still am.
Krick Wurkheiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 09:48 PM   #58
Pineapple_Juice

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindicatedxjin View Post
Solumina, do you really think that I'm going to actually adhere to anything that you have to say when you've been nothing but rude to me for absolutely no logical reason. All you, Saya & Pineapple have to say about me is that I'm an Idiot...I mean I know that I can appear ditzy at times but seriously... You guys act kind of stupid on here once in a while, and I never say anything about it...because it's not really that big of a deal.
Whoa, drag the pineapple into this, why don't you?

As an added note, everything I have ever said on this forum has either been
a) awe-inspiring wit
b) pure comedic genius
c) both

and the other two folks you mentioned ain't shabby either. This means that you are, once again, wrong.
Old 10-31-2009, 01:12 AM   #59
Joker_in_the_Pack

Credit where due, JCC was beating off at the thought of you drowning, I was implying homeschooling was the cause of your stupidity, though I suppose that's harsh on whatever homeschooling program you had. I can't pin a trainwreck like you on other things.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 01:23 AM   #60
Razeal18

wow i was just poor so no freebies for me, i had to work and get hazed and laughed at and scope out to cameras in the halls and make friend ith the school cop and read the anarchist cook book publically to be left alone. I built character damn you!
Razeal18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:38 AM   #61
DepthsofSpace

Hallo there! I am avoiding reading this thread in its entirety, as I can already tell it's mostly common misconceptions I've heard for the last decade concerning home education.

Under these circumstances, I should revel that I was homschooled (A closely guarded secret of mine). However, I bordered on a prep/nerd stereotype until I got to college (though I took college course throughout high school, not until I got out of high school did I let my 'dark side' show).

I'll give you the advice I pass on to all my juniors struggling with the teenage years, in and out of the public education system:

Your teenage years are tough and not the best times of your life. You will struggle with self-identity and worth, as well as your place in your social environment. I personally hated those years and never would go back, though there are moments I would never want to forget (and I learned a great many lessons). Once you get through them, life gets much better.

As for being home educated and a goth, I do hope you have strong parental support for your chosen interest. I know one of my younger siblings a few years back was a mall goth of sorts, but had strong backing from his parents. It was very comforting for him to be able to rely on the backing of his parents for his personal style.

As for those who put you down for being home/self educated, I would advise ignoring them. I have encountered them for the last decade and use to let it upset me, but now, I look back on where I am and see how so many of them are still struggling to adapt to the real world, and take some satisfaction in that.

So, best of luck to you and welcome to the forums!

Goffs think you have to rip off the wings of a butterfly to show your love.

Goths know that love has already broken the wings of a butterfly on a wheel.
DepthsofSpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 10:05 AM   #62
PortraitOfSanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by DepthsofSpace View Post
Hallo there! I am avoiding reading this thread in its entirety, as I can already tell it's mostly common misconceptions I've heard for the last decade concerning home education.

Under these circumstances, I should revel that I was homschooled (A closely guarded secret of mine). However, I bordered on a prep/nerd stereotype until I got to college (though I took college course throughout high school, not until I got out of high school did I let my 'dark side' show).

I'll give you the advice I pass on to all my juniors struggling with the teenage years, in and out of the public education system:

Your teenage years are tough and not the best times of your life. You will struggle with self-identity and worth, as well as your place in your social environment. I personally hated those years and never would go back, though there are moments I would never want to forget (and I learned a great many lessons). Once you get through them, life gets much better.

As for being home educated and a goth, I do hope you have strong parental support for your chosen interest. I know one of my younger siblings a few years back was a mall goth of sorts, but had strong backing from his parents. It was very comforting for him to be able to rely on the backing of his parents for his personal style.

As for those who put you down for being home/self educated, I would advise ignoring them. I have encountered them for the last decade and use to let it upset me, but now, I look back on where I am and see how so many of them are still struggling to adapt to the real world, and take some satisfaction in that.

So, best of luck to you and welcome to the forums!
Congratulations, you were home schooled since you were a child, and now like most home schooled kids, you have no clue how to interact with other people on a social level, and you'll probably become a serial killer within 5 years.

Now what was your point again?

I don't hate you. Saying I hate you would be like saying I hate a dog with no legs trying to cross a busy freeway.
-Mr. Filth
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 10:15 AM   #63
vindicatedxjin

Typical homeschool joke, POS we've heard it all...I assure you.

Bring Kontan Back
Old 11-03-2009, 11:20 AM   #64
Pineapple_Juice

I would never homeschool my child. I think it's important for a developing kid to get out and socialize every day with other people their age. If you're sitting at home all day, how do you make friends? Where do you learn how to interact with people?
You don't. Furthermore, you never learn how to manage outside without your parent being there constantly to show you how to do it. You only get one or two views of the entire world-from your parents or whatever, instead of the broad spectrum needed to function properly in society.

When you're going to school with other kids you learn about tolerance and diversity. Maybe that's why Jin is a racist.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:21 AM   #65
DepthsofSpace

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortraitOfSanity View Post
Congratulations, you were home schooled since you were a child, and now like most home schooled kids, you have no clue how to interact with other people on a social level, and you'll probably become a serial killer within 5 years.

But.. I kill people for a living, so why would I need to do that?

I even get to do it from eight miles away, 20k feet up, so I don't need social grace when I do it, either.* =)

*Inside joke incase you don't get it. Part of my job entails preforming strike warfare planning and among other things, I do the calculations for precision weapon delivery.

Old 11-03-2009, 11:44 AM   #66
Krick Wurkheiser

Quote:

Don't be an idiot. I know nothing about you or your vendetta you share with Jin and I'm not taking sides, but what you said there is the most ignorant... no, just plain STUPID thing I've heard in a long while. Often, homeschooled children actually have far superior societal skills to those who have been to school their whole life - do you think you have a clue how to interact with society? If you did, you would have shifted your feud to personal messages by this point.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:47 AM   #67
the-nihilist

Quote:
Congratulations, you live in the south and went to public school since you were a child, and now like most publicly schooled kids in the south, you have no marketable skills, and you'll probably become an unskilled wage slave for the rest of your life. Just another unemployment statistic.

Uh... yeah... ok then.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:56 AM   #68
DepthsofSpace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krick Wurkheiser View Post
Don't be an idiot. I know nothing about you or your vendetta you share with Jin and I'm not taking sides, but what you said there is the most ignorant... no, just plain STUPID thing I've heard in a long while. Often, homeschooled children actually have far superior societal skills to those who have been to school their whole life - do you think you have a clue how to interact with society? If you did, you would have shifted your feud to personal messages by this point.

No offense, but I believe POS was using EXTREME SARCASM this round.

Old 11-03-2009, 12:01 PM   #69
Krick Wurkheiser

Quote:
That doesn't seem to make sense in context to me, but it is rather early in the morning... things can get lost over the internet. If he was sarcastic, I take it back. If not, it stands. I have nothing against POS besides that post.
Old 11-03-2009, 12:13 PM   #70
PortraitOfSanity

Quote:
Partially. The point was not sarcasm, the serial killer joke was, partially anyway.

I don't hate you. Saying I hate you would be like saying I hate a dog with no legs trying to cross a busy freeway.
-Mr. Filth
Old 11-03-2009, 12:15 PM   #71
Solumina

Hey Krick, can you pull up some stats that show home schooled kids "have far superior societal skills"? It pretty much flies in the face of developmental psychology and well I would love to write a paper that punches a big hole in social learning theory.

Or you're full of shit and pulling facts out of your ass and I can laugh at you, either works for me.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf

Last edited by Solumina; 11-03-2009 at 12:16 PM. Reason: typo demons
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 12:18 PM   #72
PortraitOfSanity

Quote:
Or you're full of shit and pulling facts out of your ass and I can laugh at you, either works for me.
I'll go out on a ledge here, and go with this option.

-Mr. Filth
Old 11-03-2009, 12:32 PM   #73
DepthsofSpace

Quote:
Partially. The point was not sarcasm, the serial killer joke was, partially anyway.
There was a point to that, sans the Ad Hominem?

Old 11-03-2009, 12:36 PM   #74
DepthsofSpace

Note: An typographical error in my first post, I meant to say:

I know one of my younger sibling's had a friend a few years back was a mall goth of sorts, but had strong backing from his parents.

Old 11-03-2009, 12:43 PM   #75
Krick Wurkheiser

Quote:
Hey Krick, can you pull up some stats that show home schooled kids "have far superior societal skills"? It pretty much flies in the face of developmental psychology and well I would love to write a paper that punches a big hole in social learning theory.

I have superior societal skills to much of the school-going public that I know. School-going kids can often tend to be quite shy and so forth, whereas myself and most other homeschooled teenagers I know are far more comfortable with themselves as far as confidence in their ability to interact. The ones I've known tend to be more outgoing and friendly.

I haven't looked up stats, but I'm not blind to what goes on around me.

I don't really care what your opinion is - you've just shown me what I should think of you.

Last edited by Krick Wurkheiser; 11-03-2009 at 12:46 PM. Reason: addition