Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 04-07-2006, 02:29 PM   #26
darkangel81

I have never started a fight in my life. I simply detest violance. That being said, i do however get into fights now and then because of either; 1. a friend who is being an absolute idiot or 2. because some guy thinks he can slap a girl around just because he's big and bad.
I used to be pretty aggrasive in my reactions when i was younger, but since i started practicing martial arts this has lessened quite drastically.

Which also leads me to the end of my two cents; I usually don't start fights, i end them. Fast and hard.
darkangel81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 08:16 PM   #27
Ben Lahnger

Drunk buddies should thank us profusely for letting them get their ass kicked, as it's the only way they are ever gonna learn!

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 08:24 PM   #28
Velvet Rain Drops

Ben,
If they are drunk they may not remember. So if they get their "ass kicked" they may not learn any thing. It may be wise to stand up for them in there time of needand and "Stupidity". I know I would.
Velvet Rain Drops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 08:33 PM   #29
Velvet Rain Drops

Yes, but what if some thing really bad happend and the got hurt really badly. Then what would you do?
Velvet Rain Drops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 08:56 PM   #30
Ben Lahnger

Drunk buddies that get their ass kicked are the kind of guys who make life (their own) threating decisions all the time, drunk or sober. I still stand on my position. Let 'em get their ass kicked.

If I'm going to lay myself out there and put my ass on the line, put myself at risk, it's going to be for trying to save some kid or other innocent that needs a brave fool to champion their cause. It's not going to be for an idiot who willingly took in so much of a legal drug that he cannot take care of himself.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Old 04-07-2006, 08:58 PM   #31
Ben Lahnger

And stop coming up with hypotheticals ... if the guy is an adult, and he's drank so much that he cannot defend himself ... or drive himself safely to the hospital in an emergency ... or escape a smoking building if it starts on fire ... he deserves what he gets. End of story.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 04-08-2006, 05:41 AM   #32
darkangel81

I find that rather drastic. if a life is at stake, i would jump in.
all life is precious to me.
darkangel81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 05:57 AM   #33
darkmartin82

well the only time I needed to step in, I regretted it, and most of my friends will stay out of fights, so I'll never learn not to step in, I'll do it again, think though I'll never have to again for I choose friends carfully.
darkmartin82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 06:11 AM   #34
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkangel81
I find that rather drastic. if a life is at stake, i would jump in.
all life is precious to me.
Hey, the Darwin Awards are full of people who were too stupid to live. I'm a very compassionate, caring man ... until it comes to things people do to themselves.

Sometimes, the gene pool just needs some cleaning.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 04-08-2006, 06:29 AM   #35
CptSternn

I jump into help anyone. I jump into other peoples fights if some guy I don't even know is losing just because I enjoy the hell out of it.

Yeah, I'm one of those idiots who will get involved at the drop of a hat. Probably explains why I have been shot twice and stabbed seven times

Oh yeah, DarkMartin - post me some white widow!
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 06:48 AM   #36
Wise Child

I would say that I would always have my friends' back. My friends are don't go around looking for trouble and if one of them gets in a fight, I can be fairly sure they either didn't start it, or they had a bloody good reason to. So yeah, I'd jump in. Of course, if they were the kind of people who went around starting shit over nothing I'd probably stand back and leave them to it. That's their call, but I don't fancy going around with a fucked-up face because they like a row. As is, though, I'd definitely stick up for them.

A dream is just a nightmare with lipstick ~ Toni Morrison
Wise Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 07:57 AM   #37
dbloke

A few years ago, a lad who was drunk...soooo drunk....he wanted to fight my girlfriend. I stepped in and insisted he fought me. This wee cowardy idiot whos like 5ft 6 against me who's 6ft 7. All it took was a couple of hard shoves and he didnt have the coordination to place any punches lol

Neverless, I don't regret it and generally try to avoid situations like that by taking the people I'm with, away from anything that might evolve into something worse than it should be. I would stand up for my friend unless it was him/her who started the whole thing because of their own idiocy.

One of the reasons I dont get into fights is aside from I don't believe in violence is that ...theres noone of my size to pick on - hence the saying...pick on someone of your own size. LOL
dbloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 03:59 PM   #38
Corpus_Draconis

I've never needed to step in for a friend. I'd prolly be bad at it anyway, because I'm (a) a twig with really weak arms, and (b) I don't want to hurt ANYONE. The only animate things that I will actually purposely hurt are mosquitos, fruit flies, blackflies, or other insects that bite.

Santarea, I'm listening to Loreena McKennitt's song of the poem in your sig. I love the song and the poem, and want to do a series of paintings on it sometime. Have you heard the song? If not, check it out. It's awesome.
Without an honest heart
as compass

--Nightwish.
Corpus_Draconis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 01:44 PM   #39
darkmartin82

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSternn

Oh yeah, DarkMartin - post me some white widow!
you´ll need to ask darkangel81 for that, I had to ask him what you wanted
Old 04-10-2006, 07:45 AM   #40
CptSternn

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkmartin82
you´ll need to ask darkangel81 for that, I had to ask him what you wanted
Nice. Everyone on this island is into off the floor.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 08:03 AM   #41
Morrigan_Dubh

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfMoon
Morrigan, you let some guy hit you and walked away? I'm not a fan of violence, but I would've popped him back. All he learned from that was that he can get away with hitting girls. At least you know your 'friend' wasn't worth shit, now.
At the time I pulled back because I was shocked, and I felt that he would hit me back if I hit him again. I didn't want to get into a fight, and I wasn't interested in teaching him anything. He didn't seem the type to be able learn to anything, anyway. I just wasn't interested in being around him anymore. In an ideal situation, I would've thumped him. But I made my decision back then for valid and pertinent reasons.
Old 04-12-2006, 08:24 AM   #42
Morrigan_Dubh

If I wasn't a petite 5' 4" girly girl I'd be out there swinging for 'em all. Maybe I should take up some martial art where you use your opponents size to your benefit...
Old 04-12-2006, 10:13 AM   #43
Sobeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan_Dubh
If I wasn't a petite 5' 4" girly girl I'd be out there swinging for 'em all. Maybe I should take up some martial art where you use your opponents size to your benefit...
I'd recommend Hoshinjutsu or a variety of Taijutsu Ninpo, but will not shill specifics here. Those two work according to those specificiations - karate and judo definately not.
The phrase "we (I) (you) simply must---" designates something that need not be done. "That goes without saying" is a red warning. "Of course" means you had best check it yourself. These small-change cliches and others like them, when read correctly, are reliable channel markers.
Sobeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 10:41 AM   #44
darkmartin82

ah, I kinda have the same problem, I took up aikido, its cool. its good for small and nimble people.
Old 04-12-2006, 11:43 AM   #45
Sobeh

I'm biased against Aikido due to my observations and certain sparring experiences, but if you can get it to work, the potential is there...
The phrase "we (I) (you) simply must---" designates something that need not be done. "That goes without saying" is a red warning. "Of course" means you had best check it yourself. These small-change cliches and others like them, when read correctly, are reliable channel markers.
Sobeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 12:02 PM   #46
darkmartin82

well the only thing I do get involved with are drunken people that can't hit straight in the first place. more likely to grab you than to hit you.
Old 04-12-2006, 12:16 PM   #47
WolfMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan_Dubh
I would also recommend Small Circle Jujitsu. I knew a girl that took it and you can pull off the moves very close to your attacker. You don't need 'ideal circumstances' to use it.

victim:Okay, don't come at me yet, I have to get into my stance.

lol

WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 01:49 PM   #48
dbloke

I would recommend footwear with steel caps and some knuckle busters
dbloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 05:14 PM   #49
darkmartin82

ah well, I do wear army boots. It helps in a pub when people are dancing (on your feet). And I live in a place where nothing really bad happens.
Old 04-14-2006, 11:48 PM   #50
Ben Lahnger

I would really rather that my drunk buddy was a woman. Then instead of fighting for her, I could just fuck my drunk buddy!

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,