Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 10-04-2011, 06:09 PM   #1
x-deviant-x

Boy locked in coffin kept in basement for punishment

Quote:
A Pennsylvania couple is behind bars after allegedly forcing their 7-year-old son to sleep inside a locked coffin and often punishing him by placing him in their bug-infested, nearly pitch-black basement after warning him about ghosts, The Times-Tribune reported.
Scranton police, after being alerted by neighbors about the crying child, found the boy in the basement of the condemned home, the paper reported. He was visibly upset and was dressed in a school shirt and diaper, police said.
The couple turned themselves in Tuesday afternoon. It's not clear if they have an attorney.
The mother, Lori Gardner, 26, and stepfather, Brian Sleboda, 31, each face felony counts of endangering the welfare of a child and unlawful restraint.
The boy, when found, apparently had not eaten dinner and asked the police if they had come to help him. He went on to describe to police nightmarish living conditions.
He told police he had been locked inside a home-made wooden coffin, and the couple would “often” punish him by putting him in the dark basement right after telling him that ghosts live there, the Times-Tribune reported. The couple then would “pick up chains and drop them to scare him,” the paper reported.
The child told police he sometimes was locked in the basement the whole day, police said, and he had to wear the diaper because there is no working bathroom in the basement.
Gardner reportedly denied claims that the boy was locked in their basement but admitted that he was put there for punishment.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/10/04...kid-in-coffin/

Was browsing the news sites and came across this. These fuckers need the same thing done to them. I originally kind'a chuckled about it, (cause I'm just an asshole that way i guess), but then felt really bad for the poor kid.
x-deviant-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 07:31 PM   #2
ape descendant

What kind of assholes torture a 7 year old child like that??! WHAT THE BLOODY HELL?!!?

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 08:12 PM   #3
Grausamkeit

Geez.......at least the kid was helped before he wound up dead. Poor thing.

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 08:31 PM   #4
Solumina

That poor kid, I hope he is young enough that with therapy he can move past this and live a relatively normal life.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 10:27 PM   #5
areseanL

Poor boy his parents must be put in a coffin.
areseanL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 02:14 PM   #6
Kasdeja

Kid's gonna need some mad therapy and will probably be claustrophobic for the rest of his life. Crying shame.

Hope his foster parents are better than his biological ones.
Kasdeja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 08:45 AM   #7
Valhalla

I could never be a police officer. For the most part, I don't even like kids. Even so, if I walked in on this and saw what he was being put through I'd probably cry and/or freak out at his parents in a very unprofessional way.

I hope he gets put in a loving home, and grows up okay.
Valhalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 09:35 PM   #8
areseanL

Some parents are really unreasonable when it comes to their way of disciplining their children. I've read another story about a father who punished his child with a sword. Allow me please to share it here, a father's alleged discipline meted out against his daughter could land him with felony charges. Allegedly, he pushed the 16-year-old girl into a battle with wooden swords until she could not stand. Source of article: Medieval hobbyist forces daughter to fight him with a wooden sword. If you act on your angry feelings you will allow yourself to use your feelings as an excuse for your poor behavior. Reacting to your child or teen's behavior when you are angry will cause you to act poorly or harshly like what this man did.
areseanL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 12:10 AM   #9
Miss Absynthe

The 7 year old was found not having had anything to eat, still wearing his school uniform shirt and also wearing a diaper.

The parents gave themselves up on Tuesday afternoon, and I'm thinking had they been there with the boy they would have been taken into custody when the child was rescued.

I doubt that being put into a coffin is not the only abuse that this child was suffering.
Miss Absynthe is offline   Reply With Quote