Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 09-20-2008, 02:27 PM   #26
LetheanBlacklight

Yeah, and as a last resort kill the fucker! and take some fingers while you're at it!

No no no, that's not creepy at all, we should ALL carry knives and whoever may lay a finger upon me shall DIE ..... -_-'
Old 09-20-2008, 02:33 PM   #27
Deadmanwalking_05

I've been on the bad side of a few encounters in my day,and I'm just trying to help with some info here and there.

I'm not saying go out looking for a confrontation,I don't advocate that but violence does happen and sometimes at random.

(Your post has made me re-think a few things though)
Deadmanwalking_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 02:36 PM   #28
Deadmanwalking_05

No kill as a last resort or take off a few fingers if you have to.

The main thing is to avoid trouble. (but in case advoidance doesn't help,T.C.B.)
Old 09-20-2008, 02:43 PM   #29
LetheanBlacklight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadmanwalking_05
I've been on the bad side of a few encounters in my day,and I'm just trying to help with some info here and there.

I'm not saying go out looking for a confrontation,I don't advocate that but violence does happen and sometimes at random.

(Your post has made me re-think a few things though)
You can help by not trying to help maybe.
Old 09-20-2008, 02:58 PM   #30
Deadmanwalking_05

I can see what you're saying in some respects (I might have went a little overboard on a few points)

But again just trying to provide a little info.
Old 09-20-2008, 03:29 PM   #31
Saya

Telling us how to kill someone does cross the line, and I wouldn't carry around a knife or a gun in my purse while getting piss loaded drunk, chances are if someone gets hurt, it would be me.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 04:08 PM   #32
MegearaErotica

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicusmaximus
Both.
Ah. Well it was my first convention, and though there was a few creepy men, there wasn't a huge horde or anything like that.
MegearaErotica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 04:13 PM   #33
Apathy's_Child

Women don't want to be taken care of financially, they want what we want - someone who doesn't piss them off three months in. If someone's just interested in what you can do for them materially, then you're never gonna win in any sense that matters.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 07:12 PM   #34
Solumina

???
Apathy I don't really understand what that has to do with this thread

Anyway DMW suggesting that someone carries a weapon of any type out to a club is generally a bad idea as clubs wont let you bring them in so you either have to give up the weapon or find something else to do. A woman who fears for her safety would benefit a hell of a lot more from self defense classes than a knife.

Personally if I go out clubbing or to a bar then I like to have at least three other people with me, that way if someone has to pee/get some fresh air/whatever and someone else doesn't want to leave the bar/dance floor then nobody gets left alone. Plus even if someone gets distracted or no longer has the best of judgment then you still have a couple friend looking out for you (and your distracted/drunk friend)
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 07:17 PM   #35
MegearaErotica

Yeah... Apathy confuses me.
MegearaErotica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 11:21 PM   #36
Deadmanwalking_05

I was talking about just walking down the street to the five and dime,but when going to the bar or local club where booze and folks mix it would be better to have a few friends around instead of a weapon. (Also it would pay to make nice with the bouncers they can help a person out)
Old 09-20-2008, 11:42 PM   #37
Jaye Jang

Creeps don't even have to be drunk or turn up on the street. I came across a quite sober one in a church today, who informed me that the only reason I dress the way I do is because, according to him, I'm trying to become a male??? Go figure. Considering he was pretty ugly and funky, I just ignored him. (Where I come from we gut smarter fish than that).
Jaye Jang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 10:56 AM   #38
Strīcan

Quote:

My advice for the ladies is to carry a really sharp knife that's quick into action,a firearm (A snub nosed revolver or Sub-compact semi-automatic,training will be needed,as well as proper mindset) and to avoid spots where drunken bastards like that gather,if it's hard to avoid,use the knife to cut your way out of trouble. (But only use your weapon as a last resort)

Either go for a kill stroke (Between the ribs,under the chin,underarm,or throat) or try to take off a few of the offenders fingers (If they've been drinking the blood will gush out,and won't be able to clot until a lot of time has passed)
This might partially be why it's illegal to carry any forms of weapon for self-defence reasons in Victoria.

It's true that one has to do what it takes to survive, but some might not have clues as to what are the reasonable reactions to a certain level of threats or attacks, or might panic and take things out of proportion. For example, taking the fingers off an unarmed, drunken attacker who's trying to drag you away while others are in witness is rather an unreasonable reaction to the level of threats presented, and I believe the guys in the law enforcement office will demand a little more than an explanation.
Strīcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 11:12 AM   #39
Deadmanwalking_05

As stated earlier I thought the original poster was only talking about going about their daily stroll and was confronted by a drunken fellow,But in the case of going into a bar I did advise them not to bring a weapon (Booze does cause people to do stupid stuff)

anytime someone mixes booze,weapons and a gathering of other folks partaking in said booze,it can turn into a bad situation.
Old 09-21-2008, 11:16 AM   #40
LiUsAiDh

Quote:
As stated earlier I thought the original poster was only talking about going about their daily stroll and was confronted by a drunken fellow,But in the case of going into a bar I did advise them not to bring a weapon (Booze does cause people to do stupid stuff)

anytime someone mixes booze,weapons and a gathering of other folks partaking in said booze,it can turn into a bad situation.
It still doesn't justify killing somebody!!!

If I was walking down a road, minding my own business, and a drunk guy stumbled towards me; and slurred 'Orite, darlin' wanna fuck me, hehe.' I would consider it a little overkill, to go out and shoot them up.

I'd also get arrested for murder.

Pie Jesu domine..... Donna eis requiem - *thwack*

'To become truly immortal, a work of art must escape all human limits: logic and common sense will only interfere. But once these barriers are broken, it will enter the realms of childhood visions and dreams.' - Giorgio de Chirico
LiUsAiDh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 11:55 AM   #41
Deadmanwalking_05

Knock off the cherry picking.

It's clear that you don't like me for some reason and I'm not all that Keen on you either,I've explained that I thought it was about being confronted and that Violence should be the last option anyone takes,I admitt the first nugget of advice was overboard what the hell else do you want?
Old 09-21-2008, 12:10 PM   #42
LiUsAiDh

Quote:
Knock off the cherry picking.

It's clear that you don't like me for some reason and I'm not all that Keen on you either,I've explained that I thought it was about being confronted and that Violence should be the last option anyone takes,I admitt the first nugget of advice was overboard what the hell else do you want?
Cherries?

I don't dislike you, I'm totally apathetic towards you. I just don't like how every post you make seems to be related to violence.

I want cake.

'To become truly immortal, a work of art must escape all human limits: logic and common sense will only interfere. But once these barriers are broken, it will enter the realms of childhood visions and dreams.' - Giorgio de Chirico
Old 09-21-2008, 12:27 PM   #43
Deadmanwalking_05

Make you a deal,the next few posts (except for the weaponry thread) I'll try my best not offer any advice that goes to violence.

If you try not to shoot down any "good" advice I may post in the near future.

How's that sound?
Old 09-21-2008, 12:30 PM   #44
LiUsAiDh

Quote:
Make you a deal,the next few posts (except for the weaponry thread) I'll try my best not offer any advice that goes to violence.

If you try not to shoot down any "good" advice I may post in the near future.

How's that sound?
Fine. I promise not to 'shoot down' any good advice you give, non-violence related. Although, I wouldn't have done anyway.

Old 09-21-2008, 12:34 PM   #45
Solumina

You'll try your best to not post about violence in your next few posts? You make it sound difficult, it really shouldn't be, even in the weaponry thread
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 08:55 AM   #46
Apathy's_Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina
???
Apathy I don't really understand what that has to do with this thread
Wrong thread...... goddamn whiskey.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote