Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 04-16-2006, 09:28 PM   #501
Crom Crauch

it really has... my old pants are still good after 6 years of wear... and a pair that my friend bought in december is now paper-thin

Iucunda macula est ex inimici sanguine

Quod sum eris
Crom Crauch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 01:24 AM   #502
aspendeath

I go into Hot Topic each time I'm at the mall to see if they have any new vinyl records I might like to buy. If there's something else there that catches my fancy, so be it. Sure it's mass-market and all that nonsense, but sometimes that's good.

I hate things that come with patches and pins and rips already on them, though, that's just ridiculous.
aspendeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 08:22 PM   #503
luna-

I live in Mexico. That means, I don't get to go to Hot Topic... unless I'm on vacation. I actrually went on saturday, and bought a pretty necklace, some HIM stuff that included stickers for my friends (we are himfags, whatever!), and Invader Zim's Gir necklace and earrings. I just couldn't resist.
I have to say the store has some cool accesories I would not come across on my hometown, but the clothes plain suck. Gee, I got a beautiful corset on a store close to it, waaaay cheaper and prettier too. The other stuff just looked like it would fall apart the second I would wear it. And, it was expensive too.
The service sucked, also. Damn emo kid...
So, overall, for me it's like every other store. They might have some stuff I like, probably over priced. And maybe I'll end up buying something.
luna- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 11:21 PM   #504
Dreaming Vendetta

As far a Hot Topic goes, I shopped there a grand total of one time. You could say that I have a grudge against that particular store.

About a year ago, I was looking for a really long trench coat, and having absolutely no luck (still looking by the way). So I went to Hot Topic and bought a coat for about $80. Now, this should have been the first warning sign as this is a bit low for a new coat, but I didn't know that at the time. When I got it home, I started to notice some odd black fibers at the base of the chair my new coat was draped over. I picked the coat up, and to my dismay, about a hundred more little treads fell onto the floor. That's right, almost all of the stitching had fallen out of my coat in under one day.

That was the single worst quality piece of clothing I have ever bought, and has guaranteed that I will forever avoid Hot Topic like the plague.
Dreaming Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 06:37 AM   #505
Draconysius

I've found some adorable items of clothing there (rarely I might add), but I'll always have a grudge against Snot Topic. Every item of clothing that I tried on in store, no matter how large the size, was extremely under-fitted; It seems that all the regular customers must be annorexic.
Among other things, all items are overpriced, and cheaply-made. Usually, you can find much less expensive material items from a sewing or crafts store and make your own, with much better durability. I've become friends with one clerk at my local HT, mainly because I was looking for Bauhaus and Siouxsie instead of Slipknot and Korn. Other than that, though, the place sickens me. Any n00bs out there reading this might be intersted to know Hot Topic is owned by Gap clothing. Yes, they are SOOOO goth!
Draconysius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 06:40 AM   #506
Draconysius

Shit, I forgot to add something. I did recently *choke* order a Bauhaus tee from HT online, and might order the Cruxshadows hoody soon. I would've ordered the shirt from somewhere less-expensive, but, unbelievably, they were the only retailer that had any left!
Old 05-04-2006, 06:43 AM   #507
Morrigan_Dubh

Did you check out the official sites for the bands?
Old 05-04-2006, 06:55 AM   #508
Blushing Heliophobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconysius
Any n00bs out there reading this might be intersted to know Hot Topic is owned by Gap clothing. Yes, they are SOOOO goth!
https://www.gothic.net/boards/showpo...&postcount=259

Um, they're actually not...
Blushing Heliophobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 11:00 AM   #509
Draconysius

I suppose I should research something before believing it. No offense taken, Xng. I found that little tidbit of information on UrbanDictionary, after all. You just KNOW random 733t speakers never give false information.
Old 05-04-2006, 04:48 PM   #510
Jane13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconysius
You just KNOW random 733t speakers never give false information.
.... "7" usuall translates to "t" in my expeience... I'd go for l_ or 1
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Jane13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 04:59 PM   #511
Sobeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane13
.... "7" usuall translates to "t" in my expeience... I'd go for l_ or 1
No way, random teet speakers freak me out!
The phrase "we (I) (you) simply must---" designates something that need not be done. "That goes without saying" is a red warning. "Of course" means you had best check it yourself. These small-change cliches and others like them, when read correctly, are reliable channel markers.
Sobeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 05:24 PM   #512
6BladesDeep

Location: My own private vyrus of lollipops & leave it all behind.
*My Personnal Opinion* is that Hot Topic, though not the best source for all things goth, is not entirely unacceptable. If someone wants to wear something from there, that doesn't make them any more or less "goth". after all, are we not a subculture that prefers to judge by actions and not appearences( if we judge at all)? Besides, there are alot of people living in small towns that simply don't have access to anything better or the money to order online. The town I grew up in is 4 hours from the nearest Hot Topic..anyone want to guess how far it was from anything better? let's just say TOO FAR. I myself make some of my clothes from things I find in the Hot Topic in the city i drive to to see my doctor. Whether you made it, bought it, or stole it..clothes are clothes. In the end, why does anyone care so much?
Old 05-04-2006, 05:30 PM   #513
Godslayer Jillian

6BladesDeep, Introduce yourself first. And, if I were you, I'd look for a name that sounds less.... emo.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 05:58 PM   #514
6BladesDeep

Sori, I didn't realize my identity was revalent to my opinion. I'm 6BladesDeep..there.

The name is not meant to be emo or to infer that i cut myself..it has to do with my fiance. I like it. I'm not changing it.

& i agree. tHot Topic isn't counter-culture in a big city where everything is easier to find. But as i said before, in small towns sometimes it is the only option. & i still say clothes are clothes. The most morbid person i know wears the same bright red hoodie everydae. EVERY DAE.
Old 05-04-2006, 06:02 PM   #515
Magpie_Tendencies

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6BladesDeep
Sori... revalent... everydae.... EVERY DAE.
Sorry, relevant, everyday, EVERY DAY.
Old 05-04-2006, 06:26 PM   #516
6BladesDeep

Magpie: I know how to spell. I did it on purpose.

Xng: I've read the rules. I don't recall anything about proper introductions, but if you have please, do send me the link so i will know for future purposes. I do, however, seem to remember a few rules regarding your blatent rudeness.

But once again, this isn't about me. or you. i hate it when threads get so off topic like this.
Old 05-04-2006, 06:31 PM   #517
Magpie_Tendencies

Quote:
Magpie: I know how to spell. I did it on purpose.
Why? This is a literary site so why spell words incorrectly on purpose?

Quote:
Xng: I've read the rules. I don't recall anything about proper introductions, but if you have please, do send me the link so i will know for future purposes. I do, however, seem to remember a few rules regarding your blatent rudeness.
https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=1685

The intro thing is there.

I don't thing that Xng has been all that rude considering how you've come onto a new site, complained about how it's run, ignored the rules and put a crappy introduction the wrong section.
Old 05-04-2006, 06:52 PM   #518
6BladesDeep

well, i am new. Sometimes it takes time to learn the ropes. I'm sorry if I've upset anyone along the way. And I don't specifically remember complaining about how it is run. Maybe I missed that. I miss alot of things.

I mispell it out of habit, I'm sorry. I'm used to writing things in that form for a love one that is Schizophrenic. It's easier for him to read. I'll try to work on that.

Thanks for the link.
Old 05-04-2006, 06:59 PM   #519
Magpie_Tendencies

You're welcome.

I'm willing to start over if you go make an intro (and spellcheck it before posting) and hopefully this will be smoothed over.

Your public profile says that you were born in 1990 - aren't you a little young to be married/engaged?
Old 05-06-2006, 12:12 AM   #520
6BladesDeep

I already answered that in my intro..cause you asked me there, too. *_*
Old 05-06-2006, 07:22 AM   #521
Kinflame

Location: FGBWIERville, MKBJJKaryland, Unintelligent Shithole of America.
K. Looking through the first page I found my attitude some up pretty fucking well.

'Basically, Hot Topic/Dangerfield are just clothing shops that say "Subcultures are nothing more than a fashion statement, be part of a subculture by buying one of our fabulously ugly overpriced items, that were made in a sweatshop"'

If that's what people want to do to represent 'true individuality', it's their choice. Fucking stupid choice, but still theirs.
Kinflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 01:05 PM   #522
6BladesDeep

*hasn't read the 1st page in 3 days & now must go check*
Old 05-06-2006, 04:30 PM   #523
Circle V

I visited Hot Topic earlier today. I looked in vain for merchandise from a band that didn't suck-- the only decent bands represented were Metallica, Nine Inch Nails, and Tool.
Old 05-06-2006, 09:20 PM   #524
6BladesDeep

meh..those are awesome., but i also like The Birthday Massacre, & they have some of their stuff too.
Old 05-18-2006, 06:17 PM   #525
Goth Blonde

I'm starting to dislike HT. They're trying to make barney goth!
BARNEY!!! And that includes Tinker Bell, Family Guy,
Winnie the Pooh, etc...
Goth Blonde is offline   Reply With Quote