Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Literature
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Literature Please come visit. People get upset, write poetry about it, and post it here. Sometimes we also talk about books.

Old 06-08-2007, 08:48 PM   #26
La_Mort_Heureuse

Of those already mentioned, I have enjoyed Sandman, The Maxx, JTHM, and Lenore.

I also recommend:

I Feel Sick
Already mentioned, but I'll add more about it. A two-shot by Jhonen, which I personally think is better than Johnny. It's a spin off and gives you more about Johnny's madness.

Fables
Fairy tale characters displaced into a modern setting. It's a fantasy series that gets darker the farther you read.

Zero Girl
A two shot series by Sam Keith (author of The Maxx) about a weird girl and some very dark events. I can't say much more without spoiling it. One of my absolute favorite graphic novels of all time.

Ojo
A one shot by Sam Keith. Dark, spooky, and cute in a squirmy tentacle thing sort of way.

Bear
A Slave Labor series by Jamie Smart (if I recall correctly). Akin to Johnny and Lenore in it's sarcasm, morbidity, and borderline-cuteness.

Torso
A one shot noir graphic novel about the Torso murderer in Cleveland Ohio during the 1930s. Serial killers, noir detectives, monochromatic illustrations, WHAT MORE IS THERE TO WANT?

Those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. I'll dig through my closet and see what I find.

And, uh, yeah. I like comic books. I'm not a geek at all, oh no.
La_Mort_Heureuse is offline   Reply With Quote