Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

View Poll Results: What goth style do YOU prefer
Dark and Seductive 9 18.37%
Bondage all the way ;D 0 0%
Death Rocker and badass 13 26.53%
Cyber 4 8.16%
Victorian 9 18.37%
Whatever im in the mood for 12 24.49%
Other 2 4.08%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-10-2008, 12:31 PM   #26
Solumina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signe
And I am aware some people think I am trying to shock or look sexy, but really, it is nothing like that, those are the clothes I am comfortable with.
...not quite sure why you would feel the need to say that as your choice of clothing is far from shocking or overtly sexual
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 12:34 PM   #27
Signe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina
...not quite sure why you would feel the need to say that as your choice of clothing is far from shocking or overtly sexual
Well, no, it is not, but some people think my taste in clothing is so extreme or so revealing.

I do sometimes wear much stranger clothes than that, sometimes I wear a venetian eye mask.

Anyway, though, people comment a lot on how I dress, so I thought I would explain that it is not because of the attention, but because of what I am comfortable with.

Also, I can say that that top is very transparent, so people would react a lot if I went out like that, but that was at home, I usually would put a sweater and a long black coat on going out.

Anyway, though, I kind of made the picture blurrier, so my nipples would not show so much.
Signe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 12:37 PM   #28
Solumina

...so after you tell us that is isn't a "sexy" outfit you feel the need to tell us just how revealing it is?
-Carbon Leaf
Old 01-10-2008, 01:03 PM   #29
Darklight689

Lol there is nothing wrong with i mean..here you would probably get indecent exposure for the top piece though so might need to wear a bra under it. If you are comfortable with it then screw what others think. You have a nice body by the way.
Darklight689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 01:15 PM   #30
Darklight689

yeah an unedited picture would be better. unless you are me and know how to touch up pictures ;p
Old 01-10-2008, 01:15 PM   #31
Solumina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklight689
you would probably get indecent exposure for the top piece though so might need to wear a bra under it.
You could always just use a little electrical tape
-Carbon Leaf
Old 01-10-2008, 05:45 PM   #32
Haunted House

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Sekhmet~
Seductive all the way! Cover me in vinyl and set me free, I promise I'll please you!
Gross.

I voted deathrock/badass. Haha. On more than one occasion I've been called a badass even though I'm pretty far from it. I also get mistaken for a punk, too. True story:

Guy I don't know after reading my jacket: "Wow. You don't get many punks who listen to Bauhaus."
My friend: "He's not a punk. He's just a badass. Lookit 'em."
Old 01-10-2008, 05:50 PM   #33
Godslayer Jillian

Being called a punk is good. But I always tell them "I'm not a punk unless I'm doing something for the community" or something similar.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 06:43 PM   #34
Darklight689

lol Im seriously lucky if people here recognize me as a goth. 99% of people near me dont know what goth is so they think black = emo.
Old 01-10-2008, 07:02 PM   #35
Dreggas

That's hard. I prefer the cyber and the bondage and the death metal/bad ass look.

Then again I have to combine all 3 since all 3 describe me to an extent.
Dreggas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 07:17 PM   #36
Godslayer Jillian

Death metal look doesn't look baddass. It looks like a lonely fat fan of Runescape wanting to feel tough by wearing horrible makeup.
Then again, this is just generalizations and personal bias; but how is death metal baddass in any way?

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 07:22 PM   #37
Darklight689

there is only 1 death metal band i am a huge fan of. they dont have fancy make up or clothing they just wear black and have these leather bracers. Amon Amarth. They are vikings and lyrics describe viking life and glory it is so awesome, its death metal because viking life consists of taking your enemies head off and burning their village
Old 01-10-2008, 07:26 PM   #38
Zerachiel

Not fair. I'm kind of mixed for Victorian/bondage, or Visual Kei/Bondage, it depends on how I'm feeling, and...Well if I have the money for it. I like to look nice, and feel bad ass about it, but still feel classy as well.
Zerachiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 07:33 PM   #39
Dreggas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
Death metal look doesn't look baddass. It looks like a lonely fat fan of Runescape wanting to feel tough by wearing horrible makeup.
Then again, this is just generalizations and personal bias; but how is death metal baddass in any way?
Well there's Pete Steele in Carnivore bad ass. But then again maybe Carnivore wasn't so much death metal by that standard.

Then again if you are talking death metal like Cradle Of Filth they're tasty...at least Dani Filth is.

Now if you mean Death metal ala those with "growlers" yeah, fat lonely hairy fans of runescape...mostly.
Old 01-10-2008, 07:55 PM   #40
Darklight689

growling i dont mind as much as i do hissing and spitting. it pisses me off to listen to that. that and satanist kind irritates me. (Dimmu Borgir)
Old 01-10-2008, 08:02 PM   #41
Dreggas

Quote:
growling i dont mind as much as i do hissing and spitting. it pisses me off to listen to that. that and satanist kind irritates me. (Dimmu Borgir)
I'm not a fan of growling, and I actually kind of like Dimmu Borgir's style, admittedly I am not a huge death metal fan. When it comes to metal, well, I like metal from "back in the day".
Old 01-10-2008, 08:06 PM   #42
Darklight689

I liked Dimmu borgirs style their lyrics were what made me lose interest
Old 01-10-2008, 08:27 PM   #43
Dreggas

Quote:
I liked Dimmu borgirs style their lyrics were what made me lose interest
I never really listened to the lyrics myself. I've only caught snippets of their stuff. The use of satanism or satanic stuff as a crucible to mold ones music in doesn't necessarily bother me unless it's with the intent just to "look cool" or "sound cool", at least believe the shit your saying otherwise move on.
Old 01-10-2008, 11:28 PM   #44
Darcnyss

I usually go with the leather and PVC look. A bunch of spiked wristbands and a studded collar. Also, rather big boots.
Darcnyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 08:24 AM   #45
Haunted House

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Sekhmet~

What the fuck do you mean by that? Can't take a joke?
The visual was just too much for me. Sorry.
Old 01-11-2008, 08:34 AM   #46
Rotting Corpse

It depends on my mood realy.Usualy I'm a "baby bat" or a Metalhead".Some times I can be a "Romatic Goth" and when i get depressed, I'm a "Mopeygoth".I've been through almost every style.....Go figure....lol
Rotting Corpse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 08:51 AM   #47
ugh...

When I was younger I did the black T and jeans thing. Then I got a job and bought some victorian robes. Next I lost my job, lost weight, and gave my dresses to a friend. When that happened I altered some clothes I bought from the local thrift store into sexy dark wear. I have a job now and I'm filling up my wardrobe with anything I like so victorian, pleather, sexy, and whatever are there now.
ugh... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 09:07 AM   #48
Solumina

I would have to say that while I dabble in many different styles, at the core I'm a graver (which I think is a really dumb name but a very fun style)
-Carbon Leaf
Old 01-11-2008, 12:34 PM   #49
Darklight689

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcnyss
I usually go with the leather and PVC look. A bunch of spiked wristbands and a studded collar. Also, rather big boots.
lol What you mean rather big? i didnt think they were that big, they were the smallest size that fit me. I dont know about victorian look how well that would go on guys i havnt seen too many guys wear victorian anyhow. I wouldnt mind a slight victorian touch i might try but i wouldnt want to look like i came out of some history book.
Old 01-11-2008, 04:35 PM   #50
Crying_Crimson_Tears

Personally I like both the dark and seductive style and the Victorian. I like the dark reds and black. I also like dark purples and blues. I like the lace and skirts.

That's my personal choice.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote