Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

View Poll Results: Goths wear black because:
They feel no need to express emotion through fashion 70 12.94%
Black is how they feel inside 114 21.07%
It looks smart, and suits the night time. 113 20.89%
Black being dominant, Goths are trying to dominate! 31 5.73%
other (please state) 213 39.37%
Voters: 541. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-14-2005, 07:03 PM   #176
Disfunction

Way to squeeze the life out of a dream, EPS.... Way to kill a dream.

...don't smother your kids."
Disfunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 11:47 AM   #177
NoneSuch

Goths wear black because.. majority of decent gear is actually suprisingly enough the colour black ( just look at most of the new rock boots) Also it really isnt making any definate statment unlike pink or blue etc
NoneSuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 06:19 PM   #178
cyberJade

Quote:
Cyberjade: if your signature is meant to say "die" in castellano (spanish for the idiots out there), then it should read "muere". If you meant to say "kill yourself", then "mata-te" is what you're meant to type.
If by any chance "death" is what you meant to write, then "muerte" is what you're looking for.
Of course, it could be something different altogether, but anyway...
Actually, "muerete" is another way of saying "muere".
cyberJade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 11:10 AM   #179
PrinceOfDarkness

The Reason i Choose other is because NON of thoes is y i wear black..i wear black for tons of reasons....1.I like to c the look on ppl's Faces when i walk in public...2.i look slimmer...3.its my favorite Color...4.it symbolizes the Hate and pain i feel inside...5.It goes with anything...Goths have there own reasons for wearing black...OH let me ask yall a question....do yall ever have ppl walk up to u and ask u if u are a satan worshipper and does it pise u off?.....I HATE IT WHEN THEY DO IT..so i tell themm to FUCK OFF
PrinceOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 11:49 AM   #180
winged_dreams

No, no one has asked me if I worship Satan. My friend is a Satanist (you know, the ones that use Satan only as a symbol and don't have to believe in him for real) though. Doesn't seem like too bad of a religion but I just stick with my not sure right now.

MrMaelstrom: Er... are you lactating?

Elite "No Clue What the Number Is"
winged_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 01:25 PM   #181
NoneSuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by winged_dreams
No, no one has asked me if I worship Satan. My friend is a Satanist (you know, the ones that use Satan only as a symbol and don't have to believe in him for real) though. Doesn't seem like too bad of a religion but I just stick with my not sure right now.
Yup I think its pretty funny that very few people understand what being a satanist is actually about and automaticly think of sacrificing virgins in a church yard (=
NoneSuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 08:49 PM   #182
PrinceOfDarkness

lol yea i agree
PrinceOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 09:51 PM   #183
winged_dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoneSuch
Yup I think its pretty funny that very few people understand what being a satanist is actually about and automaticly think of sacrificing virgins in a church yard (=
But that's just so much fun! XD

Old 09-16-2005, 11:35 PM   #184
soggypicklemuncher

When I think of satanism it's atheistic or agnostic; Satan is just a methaphor for rejecting aurhority outside oneself. It's about pride.

You only see what you want to believe
When you creep from the back
I got tricks up my sleeve
24/7 the devil's best friend
It makes no difference
It's all the same in the end

-"Same in the End" by Sublime
soggypicklemuncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 12:06 AM   #185
tekajo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoneSuch
Some fucker lied to me! i'm getting a refund on my membership dues.
tekajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 12:45 PM   #186
travist120

I feel that black covers parts of the body u dont want others to see. it also makes u feel like u are secure and even a bullet couldnt pierce through you. it keeps people from bothering you because frankly, you look like 1 thing could set you off and get the shit beat out of you. for me black is the only colors that dont set you off as a skill level type of thing.

like skaters, if you buy a pair of skateboarding shoes because you like them, automatically your classified as "skater" and people keep asking you how good you are, then call you a "poser" just because you like the color and the look of the shoes and that you dont actually skate.

with other styles it seems as though they change every single day.

and with black, you dont have to get up every morning and spend 10min every day picking out what you are going to wear, cuz all you havge to do is pick out paints and a shirt, wihtout worrying if the colors clash or not.

and since my hair is naturally black, it is hard to go with other styles.

well this is how i feel about he color black and why i choose it.

and if you wear white, you haveto wear them as robes, otherwise you look like a fag on those rap videos.

im not stanist, im christian, i just like the color black
travist120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 12:59 PM   #187
soggypicklemuncher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathogen.
Won't speak for everyone else here, but I'll tell y'all the 4 specific reasons why I wear black: 1)Historical hero-worship: The Black Panthers wore black. 2)Subcultural Affiliation: I'm a Gothic. Like everyone else on this messageboard. 3)Political Affiliation: I'm an Anarchist. And finally, 4)Personal Fashion-Sense: I look damn good in that colour!
Are you a member of the Black Bloc? : P

You only see what you want to believe
When you creep from the back
I got tricks up my sleeve
24/7 the devil's best friend
It makes no difference
It's all the same in the end

-"Same in the End" by Sublime
soggypicklemuncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 08:18 PM   #188
winged_dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by travist120
and if you wear white, you haveto wear them as robes, otherwise you look like a fag on those rap videos.
Wow, so because I wear white every now and then, I'm a fag. Thanks, jerk.

Old 09-17-2005, 11:38 PM   #189
travist120

hey im sorry, i meant like white pants and a white shirt, i see those on so much rap videos it gets so fucking annoying, i hate rap, it should die in the firey depths of hell.

im not calling u a fag, i wear a white shirt sometimes too, cuz my parents get pissed and threaten to throw away my black if i wear it too much.
travist120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 06:21 AM   #190
Kuragari

I agree with you....rap sucks. I wear white half the time, black the other half. And sometimes I'll get a wild hair and wear my old BDUs and any shirt that feels comfortable. The only reason I wear black is cause I look good in it. I look good in white too. And when winter rolls around, I go back to BDU's, leather jacket, and a black muscle shirt. Why? Cause I feel like it. I don't have to wear black just to fit a stereotype, hell if thats the case I might as well pull out my chainmaille and plate armor with a wolf fur cloak and walk around in that. Look like the ancient Goths then...lol, lets lay seige to the local mall...
Kuragari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 06:58 AM   #191
tekajo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuragari
I might as well pull out my chainmaille and plate armor with a wolf fur cloak and walk around in that. Look like the ancient Goths then...lol, lets lay seige to the local mall...
Alas, i have found my goth identity. lol

i normally don't wear black, yet...today i am wearing my black steel-toe workboots, black socks, black denim jeans, black Dale Earnhardt Jr t-shirt, black Dale Jr shades, and black Dale Jr hat. DGK would be proud of me.
tekajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 10:13 AM   #192
winged_dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuragari
hell if thats the case I might as well pull out my chainmaille and plate armor with a wolf fur cloak and walk around in that. Look like the ancient Goths then...lol, lets lay seige to the local mall...
You're funny. You should stick around and go check out the For the Newbies thread and be sure to introduce yourself. ^^ Hehe. Seiging the mall. XD

Old 09-18-2005, 10:14 AM   #193
winged_dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by travist120
hey im sorry.
I'll forgive you even though I don't feel that a music genre could really burn in a hell I don't even believe in. XD

Old 09-19-2005, 11:05 AM   #194
Lord_Baver

All black

Because black makes you look slimmer... and that is something I could really need ^_^

Also, black is the color of life. Which color does ghosts have (movieghosts, so you who believe in ghosts (might be quite many since its a goth community) dont have to flame me)?
Lord_Baver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 11:40 AM   #195
(-$|N-)

I personally wear black because of it seems to represent my soul, the constant controversy of weather its good or evil to me becomes symbolized by the color black. Also I find its just interesting to see the variety of shades it comes in and its many uses.
(-$|N-) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 02:46 PM   #196
xxMusicAddictxx

Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallenangel666
i wear black the same reason a person would wear...red..or green..or white; because there's something about the color that fascinates me and obsesses me. it always looks good on me, as well as most people. it expresses how i feel and think. plus, i have to admit; i do like the weird looks i get from stupid preppies!
I agree with you. For me it's mainly what I feel, I always feel like....I guess you could call it..complete if I'm wearing black. I've always been drawn to black. And I also like the looks that preps give me. I feel like I've accomplished something when a prep looks at me weird.
xxMusicAddictxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 03:08 PM   #197
darkmaster

I wear black because I saw to many dead people aroud me, is like I'm trying to be prepared for the next funeral.
I wear black because I like darkness, I explore caves all the time, there I find the complete darkness and silence that exist on this planet.
Now I own only black clothes except in caves, where could be very dangerous not to be seen by other explorers.
Beside that, without black, we can't tell if the other colour are nice or not because we don't have contrast to compare, black and of corse, white are the primary colour in our life, but black is more important. Try to imagine a movie with white backgroud on the credit part, or a photography without shadows.
For me black is the essence of life, without it, we can't see anything correct. Any color mixed with black looks great, any.
darkmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 07:31 AM   #198
mortalitas incomitatus

intense dude!
i know what you mean, there is too much death and sadness in our lives.
without the darkness, we can never enjoy the light.
then again with so much darkness in my/our lives i'm beginning to loose faith that the light even exists.
cave exploring scares the crap out of me....too encapsulating.

*another eliter*
mortalitas incomitatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 10:35 AM   #199
Satan's Spawn

I wear black, so I don't have to sort my laundry. I really didn't know why everyone else did it... thankyou for filling me in
Satan's Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 12:29 PM   #200
gothicgurl

i wear black because its my favorite color!!!!
gothicgurl is offline   Reply With Quote