Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 01-16-2012, 11:59 AM   #1
nobodygoth

I painted my Nails Black

I found some Black nail Polish at Wal Mart and it is actually more of a dark, coal Black.
It is very classy.
I just Love all the Black.
I think if done right and executed right, it can be elegant, classic, classy and clean.
I just thought I would try it on a whim.
Turns out, best decision I have ever made.
Black Hair Color and a bit of darker makeup to match, along with the Clothes, I should have this Goth thing pretty well down my first time trying it.
I think I will go for more of a Victorian Goth look.
nobodygoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 01:54 PM   #2
Murder.Of.Crows

So I was walking down the street one day and bumped into this homeless guy. At first I was sympathetic, homeless people make me feel as if we failed as a country, but then he screamed at me for letting the aliens exist and that I should have been the one to destroy them since I am the creator of them. I couldn't help but laugh. He shook my hand and told me he was mistaken, then pushed his shopping cart full of pink hats off in the distance of the parking lot.

This true, yet pointless story was brought to you by M.O.C. Thank you.
Old 01-16-2012, 02:19 PM   #3
nobodygoth

Ummm... O.k.....
Old 01-16-2012, 02:24 PM   #4
CuckooTuli

I see your pointless story, MOC, and raise you the fact that today I ate my dinner out of a casserole dish because I didn't want to do the washing up. Afterwards I shouted at my computer for being a bitch-ass Amstrad with less memory than Leonard Shelby and for conspiring to sabotage with weed and Garth Ennis to ruin my planned day of productivity. Then I took a dump and read the 4th volume of Preacher.
"Friends are allowed to make mistakes. The enemy is not allowed to make mistakes because his whole existence is a mistake, and we suffer from it. But the women's liberation front and gay liberation front are our friends, they are our potential allies, and we need as many allies as possible.” - Huey Newton
CuckooTuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 02:28 PM   #5
nobodygoth

?????
I apologize for maybe my lack of knowledge of the pointless postings, but could someone please enlighten me?
Old 01-16-2012, 03:11 PM   #6
Kasdeja

It's too late for that. The first step is advertising that you painted your nails black.

Oh, the HORROR!!!!1

Props to Spooky Spencer for the 'shopped avatar!
If words could really hurt you, this forum would be one huge abbatoir.
Kasdeja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 04:29 PM   #7
nobodygoth

I am very sorry.
I didn't mean for things to turn coarse.
I was simply trying to start a legitimate conversation.
I also don't need to be attacked.
I am trying to hold my tongue and be civil.
I would appreciate the same in return.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:14 PM   #8
Murder.Of.Crows

Okay, I'm going to lay down some unofficial rules.

1. don't be civil, it's the internet. If you want to say something, say it. Now don't confuse this as a free ticket to be a complete ass jockey.

2. No one attacks you to be mean (unless there is a reason, which is usually because someone was stupid) So cheer up, laugh it off, and go on about your day.

3. Legitimate conversations usually don't start off with complete pointlessness. The ones that do, usually end in silence and awkward stares.

4. There isn't anything gothy. You can't go out, wear all black, and say "look how Goth I am", it sounds ridiculous. Think of Goth as an over hyped, under appreciated, misunderstood fan club. Which consists of kids competing to be more socially inept and "dark-er" than the other. Or adults who shrug their shoulders at the word and turn to their books while watching some ridiculously old horror movie, occasionally waving their custom made canes at the world in fits of rage.

5. This forum is used by it's members to waste time. Literally nothing world changing happens here.

Occasionally there will be an interesting topic at which we throw our sense in. Most of the time though, we are a bunch self righteous blowhards, with a cork shoved so far up our asses for so long, we explode into fiery fecal matter. Which happens frequently on here, some of it is pretty comical.

My suggestion, is to learn to swim, put up with the stink, and enjoy.

Oh, and welcome to G-net.
Old 01-16-2012, 07:32 PM   #9
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murder.Of.Crows View Post
4. There isn't anything gothy. You can't go out, wear all black, and say "look how Goth I am", it sounds ridiculous. Think of Goth as an over hyped, under appreciated, misunderstood fan club. Which consists of kids competing to be more socially inept and "dark-er" than the other. Or adults who shrug their shoulders at the word and turn to their books while watching some ridiculously old horror movie, occasionally waving their custom made canes at the world in fits of rage.
What! I'll show you who's an adult who shrugs their shoulders, wheres my custom made cane, I'm going to beat him a new one...... I wish I had a cane:P

But really I think you're understating what goes on here on gnet.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:45 PM   #10
Acharis

A moose once bit my sister.
Acharis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 01:59 AM   #11
Kasdeja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acharis View Post
A moose once bit my sister.
Best post I've seen today. Good on ya.

Props to Spooky Spencer for the 'shopped avatar!
If words could really hurt you, this forum would be one huge abbatoir.
Kasdeja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 02:15 AM   #12
CyanideandRaspberryTea

Christmas happens once a year on December 25th. And a pigeon ate my sandwich.

I like trains.
CyanideandRaspberryTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 02:18 AM   #13
CyanideandRaspberryTea

P.S. Wearing black doesn't make you gawff any more than throwing your poop at people makes you a monkey...Jus' sayin.
CyanideandRaspberryTea is offline   Reply With Quote