Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 10-02-2012, 02:43 PM   #1
Chris_Morey

Question What slithering horrors await in the black bag?

You wanna know what’s in this black bag?

We’ll give you an idea. We think you’re alright enough for that. But the rest of it is a surprise, got it?

First, anyone who buys the Halloween Grab Bag could win a subscription to the DRP 2012 Book Club. Did you get that? A free subscription to our book club with a $210 value, giving you Signed Limited Hardcovers of all the following titles: Glimpses: The Best Short Stories of Rick Hautala, Crooked House by Joe McKinney, Survival Horror by Jeff Strand, The Walls of the Castle by Tom Piccirilli, Holes For Faces by Ramsey Campbell, The Encounters of Enoch Coffin by W.H. Pugmire and Jeffrey Thomas.

How’s that for an all-star lineup? And we didn’t even mention all the extra stuff you get for being a DRP book club member.

Second, three of you lucky blood-suckers are gonna get sculptures. That includes the wolf head, the living gun, the zombie head candle holder and the never-before-seen demon head. That’s right, you could win the head of a demon with this grab bag. Put that on your mantle and terrify the whole family. It’s Halloween season, right?

Third, after you place your order we’ll send you the new story “Protect Us From The Piranha People!” by Jeff Strand, author of Pressure, Dweller and A Bad Day For Voodoo. Will the mayor shut down the beach? Or will he let dozens of people be eaten alive to let tourist season begin? We say pull up a lounge chair a few dozen feet from the shore, grab a bucket of popcorn and tell people how nice the water looks. But we’re a little deranged like that.

Finally, you won't receive books that you've ordered in the past (that's right, we'll actually check your DarkRegions.com order history). You can even leave a note telling us which titles you already own.

Below all of this you’ll find the contents of the bag (bag not included, but who the hell cares about a bag, anyway?). Now the question is: will the mayor let them swim? Find out inside the Halloween Grab Bag.

Contents

1x Signed and Numbered Limited Hardcover Edition ($40-$45 value): mint and first edition, numbered, 6’’x9’’, bound in leatherette, signed by the author, stamped on the spine with the title and author’s name, includes end papers, colored book ribbon, multi-colored header, 60lb. natural vellum stock and a dust jacket if applicable.

2x Fiction Trade Paperbacks ($30 - $40 value): 6”x9”, 12 point full color cover, 60lb. natural vellum stock, may be signed by author.

1x Poetry Trade Paperback ($5 - 15 value): 5 x 8.5, 12 point full color cover, 60lb. natural vellum stock, may be signed by author.

1x DRP T-Shirt ($20 value): Grab Bag buyers will get a t-shirt of their size choosing with their order.

1x DRP Bookmark ($1 value): Grab Bag buyers will receive a new laminated DRP Bookmark.

New Short Story from Jeff Strand: Grab Bag buyers will receive a digital edition via e-mail of the new Jeff Strand story “Protect Us From The Piranha People!” after their order! Jeff strand is the author of Pressure, Dweller, A Bad Day for Voodoo, Wolf Hunt and The Sinister Mr. Corpse.

DRP Sculptures (Demon Head, Living Gun, Zombie Candle Holder or Wolf Head, $30 value): 3x lucky Grab Bag buyers will receive a signed and limited DRP sculpture from artist and sculptor Frank Walls.

DRP 2012 Book Club Membership ($210 value): one lucky Grab Bag buyer will receive a DRP 2012 Book Club membership, giving them 6x Signed and Numbered Limited Hardcovers, e-book editions of all books, 1x surprise limited hardcover, 2x surprise limited trade paperbacks, permanent 15% discount code for the DarkRegions.com website.

So what are you waiting for? Click this link and go to the Grab Bag page. Give yourself a little Halloween treat, for crying out loud. You've earned it.

Chris_Morey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:50 PM   #2
Valhalla

I really like those zombie candle holders.
Valhalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:49 AM   #3
Chris_Morey

Agree with you, Valhalla. We only have one left X-(
Old 10-07-2012, 02:33 PM   #4
Chris_Morey

We've given away two of the three sculptures that are going to grab bag winners. Only one more sculpture will be given away. These sculptures are signed and numbered limited edition sculptures based off of our books. The next winner could win the Zombie Head Candle Holder or the Regret Demon Head: http://www.darkregions.com/books/halloween-grab-bag

Old 10-07-2012, 06:23 PM   #5
Despanan

Dude, why don't you ever put this stuff in Shill? This isn't news, you are explicitly selling stuff. Stuff that isn't even literature.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I have chugged more than ten epic boners.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:20 PM   #6
Chris_Morey

First off, this is mostly literature if you read about the product specifics. Second, I'd be fine with this being moved to the Shill section, I didn't even acknowledge that section's existence.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:45 PM   #7
Despanan

This is the spooky new forum. You don't want to post lit. stuff here.

Here is the shill forum: https://www.gothic.net/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=10

It is specifically for threads like this.

Also: How you been Chris_Morey?
Quote:
Old 10-08-2012, 09:38 AM   #8
Chris_Morey

Not bad, Desp. Recently took over the company and seem to always be on the verge of being overwhelmed, but trying to make it work. Personal life is nonexistent now.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:10 AM   #9
Despanan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Morey View Post
Not bad, Desp. Recently took over the company and seem to always be on the verge of being overwhelmed, but trying to make it work. Personal life is nonexistent now.
You took over the company? Was it hostile? Was there a swordfight involved? Did you at least stab someone with a pen?

Congrats on that though. How will things be different under the Chris_Morey administration?
Quote:
Old 10-08-2012, 10:34 AM   #10
Chris_Morey

There were many hanging chads, let's put it that way.

Things will be different in the sense of:

- More novels and novellas (less collections and poetry, as sad as it makes me)
- Better cover art
- Ebooks
- Bigger name authors
- More vendors
- Something big coming next year (can't spill the beans quite yet).

We're making all the right decisions. The problem is making the right decisions means 100+ hour work weeks. An escape to Maui is always a lingering thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despanan View Post
You took over the company? Was it hostile? Was there a swordfight involved? Did you at least stab someone with a pen?

Congrats on that though. How will things be different under the Chris_Morey administration?
Old 10-08-2012, 11:54 AM   #11
Despanan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Morey View Post
There were many hanging chads, let's put it that way.

Things will be different in the sense of:

- More novels and novellas (less collections and poetry, as sad as it makes me)
- Better cover art <--- YES YES
- Ebooks
- Bigger name authors
- More vendors
- Something big coming next year (can't spill the beans quite yet).

We're making all the right decisions. The problem is making the right decisions means 100+ hour work weeks. An escape to Maui is always a lingering thought.
BETTER COVER ART

Also You guys should totally publish The Devil and The Hiker. DO IT!
Quote: