Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 11-28-2005, 08:37 PM   #1
ohthefuckwell

Coming Soon.....

there used to be a thread like this once upon a time and juliet's thread in literature reminded me of it.

what movies that will be coming out soon are you about to just piss your pants in anticipation over?

ok. maybe not actually piss your pants over, but what are you really looking forward to?

i'm not talking about movies on your "to rent list", i'm talking about movies that aren't out yet (at least not in theaters where you are currently living).

me?

God help me, i REALLY want to see rent.

and i stumbled across a movie called the kid & i about a boy with cp whose only wish is to star in an action movie. (it looks like it has potential if they don't fuck it up.)

i think i really want to see unleashed.

and the ice harvest. i looooove me some john cusack.

then, of course, there is the chronicles of narnia, but i'm so afraid i'm going to be disappointed. and i'm slightly torn about king kong for pretty much the same reason.

so, c'mon.... what are you waiting for??
Old 11-29-2005, 12:30 AM   #2
edible_eye

spider man 3.

damn straight.

Old 11-29-2005, 02:37 PM   #3
Midnight_Terror

ooooh Harry Potter 4...comes out tomorrow here. I LOVE HARRY POTTER MOVIES...they're so cool.
Midnight_Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 05:20 PM   #4
rockandrose

I waiting for the movies "Memoirs of a Geisha" and "I dream of Jeannie" to be released in Australia.
Old 11-29-2005, 05:32 PM   #5
Tall One In Black

I was a bit disappointed in Harry Potter. They should have gone with the original plan to make Goblet of Fire into two movies instead of butchering so much out of the storyline. There was also a distinct lack of magic in the movie, particularly compared to Prisoner of Azkaban.

I am looking forward to several flicks:
Chronicles of Narnia (I hope they'll be of Harry Potter quality)
the Pirates of the Caribbean sequels
X-Men 3
Underworld: Evolution
The Da Vinci Code
Cars
the next Batman movie (I love Christian Bale)
Tim Burton's Ripley movie
Old 11-29-2005, 07:45 PM   #6
tenet_2012

I don't know what all the hype about Aeon Flux is about. The cartoon was alright, nothing special besides the animation. The story was blah and hard to follow.

Now, if they did an animated movie of Aeon Flux, I would be excited.

This one is a renter, if that.

--Geisha
tenet_2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 01:59 PM   #7
AlKilyu

OK Al's picks for upcoming possible coolness:

Marebito - This was made by the director of the Grudges, actually this one was made inbetween Ju-On: The Grudge and the American release of The Grudge. The site is best with the sound on and is creepy even if the front page looks like Kairo. Look around the site (click and read The Underground section) and read the "true facts" behind the mythos in this movie. Are the facts presented on that site real? It's really interesting to do Google searches on some of the stuff and people mentioned, like Shun Akiba's research into Japan's Underground Tunnels.

Wolf Creek - Man the buzz on this one is crazy. They are saying the least you know about this the better, although since it is based on true events you could look up "The Hitchhiker Murders". They say this is on par with the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Blair Witch and Open Water and is so depraved that after a screening at Sundance with director Greg Mclean afterwards, he was asked questions like Many audience members were so disturbed by the film that they were asking him "what the fuck is wrong with you?" and "what is your mental history?"

I would love to know if any of the many Aussies on our board have seen this. rockandrose? Anyone?

They are remaking one o the scariest movies (well the begining and end shot) "When A Stranger Calls". Fuckers.
AlKilyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 02:15 PM   #8
TeapotScar

I'm a little bit excited to see Sarah Michelle Gellar fuck up yet another potentiall good movie, Alice. I know it's going to be horrible, I know I know I know... but this one's supposed to be more video-game based, and that video game was really cool. Morbid. It's also done by the director of the 2003 Texas Chainsaw Massacre re-make. Which, if I remember correctly, was on the bad side of mediocre. Whatever... I may be able to ignore Ms. Gellar's disgusting thing that she does (I think they're calling it "acting", these days, but I'll be damned if that's acting...) *provided* that it's dark enough. SO let's all pray for darkness. This *is* gothic.net, after all...

-Add me on myspace, because I'm pretty sure I've tried to add you! http://www.myspace.com/fermeztesyeux
TeapotScar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 06:29 PM   #9
Demon Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeapotScar
I'm a little bit excited to see Sarah Michelle Gellar fuck up yet another potentiall good movie, Alice. I know it's going to be horrible, I know I know I know... but this one's supposed to be more video-game based, and that video game was really cool. Morbid. It's also done by the director of the 2003 Texas Chainsaw Massacre re-make. Which, if I remember correctly, was on the bad side of mediocre. Whatever... I may be able to ignore Ms. Gellar's disgusting thing that she does (I think they're calling it "acting", these days, but I'll be damned if that's acting...) *provided* that it's dark enough. SO let's all pray for darkness. This *is* gothic.net, after all...
you mean AMERICAN McGEE's Alice?
i didn't know they were making a movie of that, but if it SMG then i'm sure it'll be a bit disappointing because she has no acting talent.
Demon Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 06:38 PM   #10
ohthefuckwell

another one that i'm now thinking that i really want to see: glory road.

ok, so it may be true that it's just going to be another formulaic sports movie about the coach with a good heart (or one with a chip on his shoulder who has a change of heart), who takes a team full of players who can't get along at first but turns them into best friends AND a winning team, and learns his own lessons along the way.... but damn if it doesn't look good.

and any movie whose trailer alone can make me tear up a little is definitely one i'm going to see.
Old 12-21-2005, 11:51 AM   #11
AlKilyu

Whoa otfw whose ass is in your avy?
Old 12-22-2005, 08:09 PM   #12
ohthefuckwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlKilyu
Whoa otfw whose ass is in your avy?

dunno how i missed this.

uhhhhh.... it's mine.

i figure this way, whenever i tell someone to kiss my ass, they'll know what they're getting themselves into.
Old 12-23-2005, 12:46 AM   #13
AlKilyu

Really? Nice! I thought of posting my own ass (I'm so goth even my boxer briefs are black!) but I figure I've tortured y'all enough.

I never saw the appeal in seeing a movie on Christmas but fuck it this year I am gonna treat myself and see "Wolf Creek"!
Old 12-23-2005, 01:45 AM   #14
edible_eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohthefuckwell
uhhhhh.... it's mine.
god damn, girl - with an ass like that, you need a spanking.
Old 12-23-2005, 02:01 AM   #15
Demonista_Ravenesque

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeapotScar
Waiiiiit......WHEN IS ALICE GETTING RELEASED?!?!?!?!

I want to see it now!!

but anyway, apart from that, I'd like to see Aeon Flux and V for Vendetta.

V for Vendetta because I wanna see Natalie Portman bald!!

Hier sind doch irgendwo kinder versteckt
Demonista_Ravenesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 11:53 AM   #16
Corvina

Ah yes... the infamous Harry Potter movies... how I loathe them (the horrible mockeries of the books that they are.) I've intentionally been avoiding the Goblet of Fire, although I suspect that I will eventually be suckered into seeing it sometime in the near future.

Underworld: Evolution. Now, there's a movie. I have been waiting for this movie since I found out it was being made in Feb. of last year... then I saw a TV ad for it the other night and nearly exploded. Heeheehee finally!
Corvina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 12:48 PM   #17
urian

Alice is slated to be released in october of this year.

Underworld:evolution. A world where vampires are only allowed to wear latex, blue lightbulbs are the only bulbs made and wereolves are denied the right to roam freely with torn pants. The plot of the first one was as thin as rice paper, none of the characters were developed to any degree other than the basic superficially. The only redeeming quality of this movie was the soundtrack. It was a showcase for the effects department and fashion designers. Truly a movie made for people with short attention spans. I think I'll pass.

Looking forward to Hostel, Silent HIll, spiderman 3 and I'm still praying someone shoots whoever put ang lee at the head of the Hulk Movie.
Oh! And I am waiting to see Kelsy Gramer as the blue beast in x-men 3.

And, E_E, no worries about otfw getting spankings. That's taken care of quite often, sir.
Old 01-05-2006, 11:12 PM   #18
AlKilyu

Even though I've shilled the original to nausiating heights, and since I've already mentioned this in another thread, I won't start a breand new thread but rather I'll just grace otfw's! ^_^

Pulse is officially finished with March 3rd, 2006 as the release date.

Here is the trailer but oddly enough one of the scenes I was excited, "giddy" was the word I used to otfw and won't live down, according to imdb.com: Trivia: The trailer for Pulse actually features footage from the original Japenese film. One shot in particular features a plane crashing. It is unclear at this point whether or not the footage will be included in the final film.

But I DID see a different looking spider lady, and I see in the clip the end of the spider lady scene is in there, along with this

but my worry is that they modified it for the American audience who has to have everything brightly lit and right in front of them because in Kairo, alot of the crazy shit happened in the background.
Old 01-05-2006, 11:54 PM   #19
AlKilyu

OH SHIT I forgot a scene in that movie that I did not remember until I watched a teaser on my PSP but

If you have recently lost someone to suicide do not watch this movie or any trailers pertaining to it.

I want the world to enjoy it like I did, but not at the expense of hurting someone having to relive that. I wish someone could have warned me about that with The Grudge and Dark Water (even the first five minutes of Audition) in that if you have lost a female loved one, certain scenes might be too much for you.
Old 01-07-2006, 04:07 PM   #20
Demon Eyes

Just came across this while surfing the net yet again, turns out that my favorite game series is finally gonna have a movie made for it. The legend of the famous vampire hunting family, the Belmonts, finally get to see light on the screen. From what I heard, The Castlevania franchise was bought by Crystal Sky Pictures and is set to begin production mid 2006. The one thing that worries me is that they got Paul W.S. Anderson to adapt and direct the movie, which worries me because I didn't really like the job he did on the Resident Evil movies. I'm hoping for a bit of the divine "IGA" intervention.
Old 01-13-2006, 11:48 AM   #21
AlKilyu

Something I am excited about, since I loved the second installment of the series more than the first (and I loved the first)

Final Destination 3
Old 01-13-2006, 12:52 PM   #22
Demon Eyes

cool, I liked both Final Destination films. I hope this next installment is just as good as the first two. Any word on the release date?
Old 01-13-2006, 09:18 PM   #23
Vorsuc

Quote:
Originally Posted by urian
Alice is slated to be released in october of this year.
Where did you hear that? there's been nothing official announced, not even saying that they've finished pre-production and begun filming, which makes October look hideously optimistic.

I'm excited for it though, but I'm more excited over McGee's prequel to The Wizard of Oz as not only does he have more creative control (writting the screenplay) but Jerry Bruckheimer (sp?), of CSI, Pirates of the Caribbean, etc is involved too.

Other films I'm looking forward to ...

A Scanner Darkly
Night Watch
Spiderman 3
Mission Impossible 3
Pirates of the Caribbean 2

Also "living in neon dreams", another Alice in Wonderland themed movie, with Marilyn Manson as the Red Queen... not a fan of him or his music, but really want to see how that plays out (and scared they'll do a better job creating McGee's creepy Wonderland than the actual film).
Vorsuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 02:08 PM   #24
WolfMoon

V for Vendetta!

*DROOLZ*

Loved the comicbook, hope the movie's at least okay.
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 09:16 PM   #25
mortalitas incomitatus

oh the underworld sequel please!!!

Al: wolf creek was good but not nearly as graphic, gorey and violent as the hype says. i was sorely dissapointed.

I WANT MORE BLOOD!!!!

*another eliter*
mortalitas incomitatus is offline   Reply With Quote