Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 01-12-2007, 05:07 PM   #26
Clockwork

Welcome, Tirananniel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyntrox
Pirates own filthy ninjas anyways!
*Corrected.
Old 01-12-2007, 09:47 PM   #27
Tirananniel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHeartedDemoness
So, Orlando Bloom is totally sexy and not pompous at all.

Hey, by "Anne McKathery" did you mean the author of the Pern series? Because it's spelled "McCaffrey", if that's the case.
Yeah, that's what I meant.

I'm really sorry about any typos, misspelling, ect. As you can probablt tell by looking at the time of the posts, I'm mostly posting at like 2-5 in the morning, so my brain's a bit shot. Once again, I'm really sorry.
Tirananniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 09:49 PM   #28
Pyre

God. No offense to any of you, but the whole ninja/pirate thing completely annoys me. What the hell started this fad?

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" The Bible (Matthew 7:12)
Pyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 09:50 PM   #29
DarkHeartedDemoness

It's cool. Just wanted to make sure we're thinking of the same author. She does some really amazing stuff. I only got through 2 of her books, though, and then I guess I forgot about her.... I should check her out again.
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
DarkHeartedDemoness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 09:50 PM   #30
Tirananniel

I don't really get it either, but it doesn't bother me much. Everyone talks about it, so I guess I'm just used to it.
Old 01-12-2007, 10:02 PM   #31
Pyre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirananniel
I don't really get it either, but it doesn't bother me much. Everyone talks about it, so I guess I'm just used to it.
That's what annoys me about it. It's so trendy that EVERYONE does it. I've had teachers that do it. It always makes me laugh, though, when people who are supposed to be hardcore nonconformists make ninja/pirate references. Good job at not conforming, you trend whore d(-^)

By the way, the previous statement was not aimed at anyone; it was a general statement.

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" The Bible (Matthew 7:12)
Pyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 10:06 PM   #32
Tirananniel

I've never heard teachers talking about it...my mum does though. It's quite odd. I actually find ninja/pirateness a bit funny...just think about it, a ninja and a pirate standing next to eachother.
Old 01-12-2007, 10:10 PM   #33
DarkHeartedDemoness

My mom knew about Talk Like A Pirate Day before I did.

I feel decidedly un-hip.
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
DarkHeartedDemoness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 12:23 AM   #34
Clockwork

I've no idea where the pirate/ninja controversy started. Seems like just one day everyone was discussing the hell out of it. I don't normally partake, as it gets too annoying after a while... but I still have to stick up for the pirates sometimes =/
Old 01-13-2007, 06:32 AM   #35
Cyntrox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyre
God. No offense to any of you, but the whole ninja/pirate thing completely annoys me. What the hell started this fad?
It's all explained here. (from the ninjas' side of view, that is)

If you're too lazy too look, here's a quote:

"IMAGINE! A pirate, thinking himself the worthy opponent of a ninja! Loud, smelly, obnoxious, undisciplined PIRATES. It's like an empty soda can fancying itself the ancient enemy of rifles."
Old 01-13-2007, 06:36 AM   #36
Cyntrox

Also, you better side with the ninjas or you might get killed at night. What was this thread about?
Old 01-13-2007, 04:15 PM   #37
Tirananniel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyntrox
Also, you better side with the ninjas or you might get killed at night. What was this thread about?
The thread was about *points to self* me. As this is in the introducion board, you silly!
Old 01-15-2007, 03:52 PM   #38
SKot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyre
That's what annoys me about it. It's so trendy that EVERYONE does it. I've had teachers that do it. It always makes me laugh, though, when people who are supposed to be hardcore nonconformists make ninja/pirate references. Good job at not conforming, you trend whore d(-^)

By the way, the previous statement was not aimed at anyone; it was a general statement.
Pyre, you know I love ya so don't take this the wrong way... but I think you may just be trying a little bit too hard to NOT conform in any way, which can end up causing you to not be true to your own interests. And which, in turn, causes you to end up conforming to a reactionary system of living.

It's not a good way to be. If you honestly like something that just happens to be popular... admit it! If you enjoy Britney Spears and you can't explain why, just roll with it and don't be ashamed. We all have our closet skeletons and guilty pleasures; that's what makes us... (drum roll) ...unique!

You don't have to ALWAYS be into The Cool Stuff. I respect far more the people I know who can admit they like some really dumb things, than the ones who are too cool for school and can only admit to liking things that are dark/hip/edgy/cool/new or 'goth'. They are the real conformists, because obviously they fear what their friends will think of them if they do what they really want to do. And that, my friend, is truly lame.

--SKot
SKot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 09:16 PM   #39
PersephoneX

pirates slap nasty ninjas ANYTIME, ANYWHERE!
I cut myself to sleep
I close my eyes for a second
And curse my fragile soul
I scream to hide that I'm lonely
The echo calls my name

*ANIMAL CRACKERS*

http://www.myspace.com/persephone_x
PersephoneX is offline   Reply With Quote