Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 04-14-2008, 06:03 PM   #101
BLEED REBELION!!!

Jilli: I saw Criollo culture mentioned By you before. Something about living on your side of the river. What exactly is criolo?

" I love 4play! Its the best thing I've ever done"
- My Boyfriend

Last edited by BLEED REBELION!!!; 04-14-2008 at 06:04 PM. Reason: spelling
BLEED REBELION!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 06:26 PM   #102
korinna5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella Sophia
Lol, that's funny.
Almost as funny as wanting an Asian boy-toy. Not to be cruel, don't get me wrong. But that's how I've seen this whole thread. Funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicusmaximus
Horse racism now too?
YES.
Actually, I do tend to prefer stocky horses in either black or grey.. but that's a matter of aesthetics. The horses that I fall in love with are quite varied.

I want one of these:
http://www.carouselfriesians.com/images/Slides/S001.jpg

The criollo people are people of pure unmixed Spanish descent but born in the Americas, if I am correct.
korinna5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 06:39 PM   #103
Bella Sophia

Quote:
Originally Posted by korinna5555
Almost as funny as wanting an Asian boy-toy. Not to be cruel, don't get me wrong. But that's how I've seen this whole thread. Funny.
Meh, I"m not mad.
I'm sorry you see it all as funny... but for the record, I don't want a "boy-toy" of any kind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead_dreams
What the Hell is wrong with you!?!?! who the Hell kill's helpless and innocent babies? that's f***ing sick!!!
Don't you have anything better to do than pollute our forums?!?
Bella Sophia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 07:11 PM   #104
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLEED REBELION!!!
Jilli: I saw Criollo culture mentioned By you before. Something about living on your side of the river. What exactly is criolo?
In colonial times, there were four 'types' of people in Mexico:
Spaniards, criollos, mestizos, and indigenous. Spaniards were obviously people of Spain. Indigenous people were obviously natives to this land. Mestizos are "mixed blood people" and criollos were people born of spaniards but that lived their whole lives in Mexico, and later sons of criollos. Criollos were basically the middle class of Mexico when it had a vague form of caste system. They were the ones that could be teachers, lawyers, and doctors, but never politicians. While the mexican revolution was proudly led by mestizos, it was criollos who were raised to office due to these struggles as they were the educated ones, the "vanguard" party of mexico without marxism. Sometimes for the better (Obregón) sometimes for the worse (Huerta)
You can still see the legacy of these times because the whiter a mexican is, the higher in class he probably is. This is not due to racism, but a perfect example of how it is monstrously hard for poor people to rise in social status even after generations under a capitalist government.
My surroundings and birthplace puts me in the, let's say, post-criollo culture which is sort of equivalent to the middle-class american not so much due to economic status, but social status.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 07:22 PM   #105
Bella Sophia

I've been wondering what criollo means too. Thanks for clearing that up.

Quote:
What the Hell is wrong with you!?!?! who the Hell kill's helpless and innocent babies? that's f***ing sick!!!
Old 04-14-2008, 07:23 PM   #106
LaBelleDameSansMerci

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicusmaximus
Horse racism now too?
I'm squirrel-racist. I like the grey ones best of the large ones, and the red ones are absolutely adorable. :P
Would chipmunks count as squirrels, or are they to squirrels like chimps are to us? And would red squirrels even be in the same strict group as grey and black squirrels? They're different sizes, and I don't think they interbreed at all.... *shakes head*
Like a tea-tray in the sky.

LaBelleDameSansMerci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 03:51 AM   #107
BLEED REBELION!!!

Jilly: oh I see.

Interesting I think I will go do a little research for myself later when i have time.

Thanx.

- My Boyfriend
Old 04-15-2008, 07:55 AM   #108
hell4life

the fact that u are black is no problem.Ur parents are right .. abot what they say..personaly i have no problems with black ppl but ppl are bad .. listen to ur parents they are right .about the matter if u find an asian bf thats not something that should depress u or something everyone can find someone if not right now time will bring u what u want but u have to chase it a bit too .just have fun of ur life and everything else will come
hell4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 08:36 AM   #109
ThreeEyesOni

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLEED REBELION!!!
But I do notice that I have some bias against "the white man". I sometimes have to laugh at myself.
I while ago I was thinking about it, and I dont think I would ever have kids whoth a white guy. Or I would prefer not to. And different people n my family have said different things to me about it. Mo mom says as long as he isnt racially/culturally ignorant then its okay. And someone else told me I shouldnt have kids with a white guy because of the "history" of what white men have done to Black woman.
Then you're a twit. What "history" do half of the white people you've met have with black slavery? Half of my family wasn't even in the damned country until years later, and the other half was so far removed as to be in canada. If you want to have a problem with racists, then have a problem with racists and I'll be giving you a big thumbs up (or middle finger) with you. If you want to have a problem with "the white man" then you're just a twat. It would be like my having a problem with all black women because my black ex cheated on me.

There are many, many crappy people out there, past and present. But stuff like "Amerik.k.ka" just shows that you're nothing but a little sock-puppet who's started playing for the other side of racism, whether you want to admit it or not.
ThreeEyesOni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 10:28 AM   #110
AngelikDemonik

The vast majority of cultures/races living here in America today have been discriminated against at one point in time.

http://www.myspace.com/dancemydarling

AIM: ThisIsntSybil
AngelikDemonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 10:45 AM   #111
Johnny Gnar Gnar

I tried to read through all this, then my eyes began to bleed. My question is how do you get to 1500 posts since joining Jan 08? This is 2008, correct? Which means it was just a few months ago, right? I am quite concerned. Unplug from the computer, go experience life away from it for a bit. It'd do some good.
Old 04-15-2008, 11:22 AM   #112
BLEED REBELION!!!

Threeeyesoni:

I the thing about "the history of what white men have done to black woman"

I did not say It was my idea or belief I SAID That it was something said to me by someone else. So how the fuck are yoo talking shit to me simply because I talked about what had been said to me??

oohh I'm a sock puppet thats great.
I dont think I've explained myself well enough if this is how you percieve me. But really I dont care that much. So fuck it. Fuck you.

Really dude. I dont play for the other side of racism. And while I could get into a stupid ass debate about the definition of Racism I wont.
I find it funny that you percieve me in this way cuz its sooo far from the truth.

- My Boyfriend
Old 04-15-2008, 01:53 PM   #113
Solumina

rac·ism (rā'sĭz'əm)
n.

1. The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.
2. Discrimination or prejudice based on race.

There now nobody needs to talk about debating the definition of racism
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 03:39 PM   #114
Bella Sophia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina
rac·ism (rā'sĭz'əm)
n.

1. The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.

Yes, thank you! Can this be the end-all be-all of this thread, PLEASE?

Quote:
Old 04-17-2008, 10:43 PM   #115
Johnny Gnar Gnar

Nope.

Old 04-18-2008, 12:06 AM   #116
Beneath the Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina
rac·ism (rā'sĭz'əm)
n.

Beyond the fact that that definition is dependent, when concerning humans, on the idea that each ethnic group is a separate race, and not, in fact, all homo sapiens sapiens.

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Help my MiniCity's industry
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 10:09 AM   #117
Valerius

It's alright Bella, I'll be your boyfriend. But I have a problem, and it's that I'm only part Asian. xD

-Oscar Van den Boogaard, Dutch pacifist
Valerius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 10:29 PM   #118
viscus

Bella, you would do well not to fetishize Japan. Don't get me wrong, I live here and I enjoy it, but it is definitely not a country without fault. It seems that many American anime fans think of Japan is some kind of utopia or paradise and they come away from it extremely disappointed.

"Now some of you may encounter the devil's bargain if you get that far. Any old soul is worth saving at least to a priest, but not every soul is worth buying. So you can take the offer as a compliment."

-William S. Burroughs

You're not entitled to your opinion.
viscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 03:10 AM   #119
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by viscus
Bella, you would do well not to fetishize Japan. Don't get me wrong, I live here and I enjoy it, but it is definitely not a country without fault. It seems that many American anime fans think of Japan is some kind of utopia or paradise and they come away from it extremely disappointed.
I think that's usually the case when anybody puts something or someone on a pedestal. And Bella, it seems to me that you think having a non-black lover would be super cool, but loving anyone who's not of your ethnicity is just LOVE except it comes with a lot of hardships that couples of the same race don't have to deal with. If it's true love, and not an act of rebellion or a fetish pursuit, you will love someone despite their skin color, not because of it.

92% of kids in America turned to rap.
8% stayed true to rock
If you are part of the 8%, put this in your signature.
Smile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 03:58 AM   #120
Apathy's_Child

I have a question for Bella - is this a sexual preference or do you think an Asian guy would bring something to the equation that would otherwise be lacking? (Forgive me if this has already been answered - couldn't be bothered to read the whole thing.) 'Cause if it's the former, I see no problem with that. It's human nature to find some features more attractive than others. Me, I like redheads (natural or not), good bone structure and nice eyebrows.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote