Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 03-28-2009, 11:26 AM   #101
Smells Like A Foot

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicusmaximus View Post
Christine, our desire that you speak proper English is no more an oppressive demand for conformity than is any English speaker's inability to converse with someone who communicates solely in clicks and hisses.
[Insert Twilight baseball hissing scene here].
Smells Like A Foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 11:27 AM   #102
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smells Like A Foot View Post
oh shit! Hahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!
That was for you, babe.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 11:28 AM   #103
Lady Christine

GM - If that is your opinion then you are entitled.

Ophelia - Alright, so by you sitting down and by saying "It's not me who is isn't accepting, it's all forms of life who communicate with one another." you're saying it's not you that isn't accepting, it's all life forms. If I misunderstood that sentence correct me.Also I believe some people can understand me, and obviously not all my statements are unintelligible since you seem to derive meaning from them.
Lady Christine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 11:30 AM   #104
Smells Like A Foot

It's because you write like a DOUCHE. Seriously, if I met you, and you talked like that, errors and all, I would laugh in yr face and probably **** you or something.

No offense.
Old 03-28-2009, 11:32 AM   #105
Lady Christine

Quote:
It's because you write like a DOUCHE. Seriously, if I met you, and you talked like that, errors and all, I would laugh in yr face and probably **** you or something.

No offense.
None taken. I only post how I do because it's what I'm used to on a forum, I don't speak like this when away from the keyboard.
Old 03-28-2009, 11:35 AM   #106
Smells Like A Foot

Actually, you remind of this really lame dude I knew years ago, who was obsessed with Buffy, and he'd get all retarded and talk just like that. It was fucking stupid, and made him look like a dipshit. Seriously, if you just said "Oh, hey, guys, I'm a completely normal person and I don't REALLY talk like that EVER, because I'm not a sad loser. YAY!" or some shit, I'm pretty sure it would only be brought up every now nd then just to take the piss.

My advice is to dump this account, wait a week, and come back AS YOU, instead of a badly written Pride And Prejudice fan-fic.
Old 03-28-2009, 11:37 AM   #107
Lady Christine

Quote:
Actually, you remind of this really lame dude I knew years ago, who was obsessed with Buffy, and he'd get all retarded and talk just like that. It was fucking stupid, and made him look like a dipshit. Seriously, if you just said "Oh, hey, guys, I'm a completely normal person and I don't REALLY talk like that EVER, because I'm not a sad loser. YAY!" or some shit, I'm pretty sure it would only be brought up every now nd then just to take the piss.

My advice is to dump this account, wait a week, and come back AS YOU, instead of a badly written Pride And Prejudice fan-fic.
So this account is past the point of no return then? If so I will take your advice.

Edit : Fuck it... I'm just going to drop the talk all together and just continue this account. If I leave this account I'll only come back and have the same reputation as I do on this one. I'm alright being able to work my way up from where I am. I'll take it in stride.
Old 03-28-2009, 11:39 AM   #108
Smells Like A Foot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Christine View Post
None taken. I only post how I do because it's what I'm used to on a forum, I don't speak like this when away from the keyboard.
SO SPEAK LIKE YOU!!!! In real life, I curse like a fucking trucker, make dumb, lame jokes and act like I'm twelve. This is how I am ONLINE, too. It's much fuckin' easier to be yourself than some pretentious character. It just reads like you're one of those kids that has no personality of your own, so you make one up for what ever occasion you're in. I'm pretty sure Christine in real life is an OK chick, if a bit of a personality puppet.
Old 03-28-2009, 11:39 AM   #109
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
Also I believe some people can understand me, and obviously not all my statements are unintelligible since you seem to derive meaning from them.
True, with some effort most will be able to grasp the basic gist of what you mean to say. However, is to speak your first language sufficiently to be barely understood really the extent of your aspirations?
Ironic that you want a degree in communications.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 11:40 AM   #110
Smells Like A Foot

And no, I'm not saying that's what you should do. If anything, this'll be a wicked little reminder of how NOT to be a failure.
Old 03-28-2009, 11:44 AM   #111
Lady Christine

Foot - *snerk* Yeah, I guess in a way that's true... I was wrong and should have been myself from the start. I apologize for the facade...

GM - Oh the irony... It's a good school though. Its a bit divided since it's a sister school to another university and the students are completely the opposite of one and other.
Old 03-28-2009, 12:01 PM   #112
Godslayer Jillian

I'm the smartest guy in the whole internet and with the following word I will have contributed much more substance to this thread than with all your flowery diatribe:

TITS

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 12:05 PM   #113
Lady Christine

Congrats Jillian, would you like a medal?
Old 03-28-2009, 12:06 PM   #114
Smells Like A Foot

He wants to see yr bewbs. That's the only way for chicks to get respect around here.
Old 03-28-2009, 12:07 PM   #115
Lady Christine

Eh, I'm not surprised. That seems to be how the world goes round. I can't complain though, I like my bewbs.
Old 03-28-2009, 12:07 PM   #116
Mr E Nigma

Gothicusmaximus...

As I actually sort of enjoyed this females contributions to the site, I was attempting to help her rectify what she might consider her vocation for verbose banter. But since then, it's maintained a trite, and yes I agree with you, unquestionable decadence.

Her problem with the word is probably the problem most suffer from they see a word that looks like it should mean greatness, such as decadence. I mean look at it, it's a word set up for decorum but it means quite the opposite. I find people have the same problem with approximation or approximately. They assume that word means exact, as it looks like that is what it means, though it means quite the opposite.

Lady Christine our focal issue with how your trying to visually communicate with us through text is the point that when you attempt to speak with what your connotative take on the word decadence means. Instead of getting your point across, you end up confusing yourself and us as half of what you say is insensible unreadable and simply just doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

The only 2 people I've ever seen speak with such verbosity on this site and still know what the fuck they are talking about would probably be gothicusmaximus and a recent addition named HavelockV.

I could ramble on the way V does in V for Vendetta if I really wanted to, I possess that of a vast verbal dictionary within my head but I rarely use such words that 95% of the general population wouldn't understand. I merely posses that knowledge for books of higher scripted diction so I might understand what someone like Shakespeare or Chaucer is blathering on about.

I've picked apart every word HavelockV has said and I'm happy to say that good sir knows what the fuck he's saying when he says it. Though he could use simpler words, the fact that he's using the words he does in the right context is quite enough for me to be okay with him continuing to do so.

Same goes for gothicusmaximus the few times that he decides to type with a bit of a higher verbal understanding.

You, on the other hand, half the time have no idea what the words your using mean.

That's the point, you want to communicate with us, speak simply and with words you understand and we'll be able to communicate back just as well.
Old 03-28-2009, 12:09 PM   #117
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
Congrats Jillian, would you like a medal?
I'm so glorious already, why would I need a shitty medal to show validation in the eyes of some inferior being?

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Old 03-28-2009, 12:10 PM   #118
Lady Christine

I'm sorry Mr. E, I am rectifying the issue.

Jillian - Because then you could do substances with Mr. Phelps.
Old 03-28-2009, 12:13 PM   #119
Mr E Nigma

Quote:
Edit : Fuck it... I'm just going to drop the talk all together and just continue this account. If I leave this account I'll only come back and have the same reputation as I do on this one. I'm alright being able to work my way up from where I am. I'll take it in stride.
What foot said...

I think this is the most intelligibly understandable paragraph you've written since you've joined.

See how easy that was?
Old 03-28-2009, 12:18 PM   #120
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
Jillian - Because then you could do substances with Mr. Phelps.
Check it out, she's running out of material.
At least to me, she's trying to be condescending with normal language.

I have won. You see? I wasn't joking when I said I'm the smartest person in here.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 03-28-2009, 12:19 PM   #121
Mr E Nigma

Hey Jill, what's been up man? How're the McNuggets treating you?
Old 03-28-2009, 12:20 PM   #122
Lady Christine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian View Post
Check it out, she's running out of material.
At least to me, she's trying to be condescending with normal language.

I have won. You see? I wasn't joking when I said I'm the smartest person in here.
Yup, you found me out.
Old 03-28-2009, 12:21 PM   #123
Godslayer Jillian

Damn. I'll give you credit there.
I was very sure you would bombard me with rhetoric to 'prove' that I haven't 'won'.
I didn't think you would actually just stop talking like that altogether.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 03-28-2009, 12:23 PM   #124
Lady Christine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian View Post
Damn. I'll give you credit there.
I was very sure you would bombard me with rhetoric to 'prove' that I haven't 'won'.
Eh, I'm done with that... I'd rather be myself at this point. By the way, you've got one of the better mohawks I've seen lately.
Old 03-28-2009, 12:24 PM   #125
Godslayer Jillian

It used to be more glorious; it was a windy day.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote: