Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 09-07-2012, 10:28 AM   #76
Versus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRN9Y...e_gdata_player
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:32 PM   #77
BourbonBoy

After watching the vid Versus, I'm just as hot as the Vietnam vet. To look a vet in the eye and tell him that people he fought for, regardless of their sexual leanings, do not deserve the same rights as a hetero leanings........

Just, ugh, fuck that guy (Romney)

I'm off to drink my frustration away while watching Cruxshadows videos, especially the song "Resist/R"
BourbonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 10:59 AM   #78
Versus

Do not read the comments...

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 09-08-2012, 11:05 AM   #79
Versus

Holy fuck.

Seriously do not read the comments

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 09-08-2012, 09:16 PM   #80
BourbonBoy

I read like the first 2 or 3 responses and simply closed the tab after watching the video figuring I had better things to do than let my blood boil while reading hate in the world.

Besides, the beer helped
Old 09-09-2012, 03:13 AM   #81
CuckooTuli

First rule of the internets: NEVER READ THE COMMMENTS.

The welfare state & NHS are being dismantled before our eyes over here. A friend of mine who's disabled is being told his benefits are under threat (the dude is fucking blind for fuck's sake, so we 're not even talking "I has a bad back and can't sit at a desk", or something it might make sense to check up on. He cannot see. UGH).

Also, I doubt much news on this has made it over there, but the current round of kids studying for A-levels have been arbitrarily screwed by having their grades lowered (basically the Tories have been trying to privatise schools for a LONG time now, and when they label schools as 'failing', they move a step closer to making them ino academies - that is, basically private schools). Just when you think being young under a gov. that basically hates you if you're under 25 can't get any worse, some asshat comes and takes your A-level grade away so they can screw around with your school - I mean, it's not like their employment prospects ALREADY suck, right?

I am so fucking disgusted with my country right now. Every time you think the Tories can't get more cartoonishly evil, they think of a new way to fuck the disadvantaged.
"Friends are allowed to make mistakes. The enemy is not allowed to make mistakes because his whole existence is a mistake, and we suffer from it. But the women's liberation front and gay liberation front are our friends, they are our potential allies, and we need as many allies as possible.” - Huey Newton
CuckooTuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 06:17 AM   #82
Versus

You're invited to the g.net island. We have plans for an angry dome.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 09-09-2012, 07:56 AM   #83
Murder.Of.Crows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versus View Post
You're invited to the g.net island. We have plans for an angry dome.
What kind of government are we going to go with?
Old 09-09-2012, 07:59 AM   #84
CuckooTuli

And does the Kraken come with?
"Friends are allowed to make mistakes. The enemy is not allowed to make mistakes because his whole existence is a mistake, and we suffer from it. But the women's liberation front and gay liberation front are our friends, they are our potential allies, and we need as many allies as possible.” - Huey Newton
Old 09-09-2012, 01:15 PM   #85
Saya

I like how Versus gets pet names like Peaches or Kitten, but I get The Kraken.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 02:06 PM   #86
Versus

My pet name is definitely not peaches or kitten hair. That's stupid.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 09-09-2012, 02:11 PM   #87
Saya

Well I didn't want to embarrass you by saying my pet names for you XD
Old 09-09-2012, 07:43 PM   #88
Miss Absynthe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuckooTuli View Post
First rule of the internets: NEVER READ THE COMMMENTS.

The welfare state & NHS are being dismantled before our eyes over here. A friend of mine who's disabled is being told his benefits are under threat (the dude is fucking blind for fuck's sake, so we 're not even talking "I has a bad back and can't sit at a desk", or something it might make sense to check up on. He cannot see. UGH).

I am so fucking disgusted with my country right now. Every time you think the Tories can't get more cartoonishly evil, they think of a new way to fuck the disadvantaged.
There is a similar thing happening here with the health care system at the moment.. there are constant cut-backs in the public sector with the politicians talking about how they're saving $x million - but not actually specifying where the cuts are going to be made.

We've just found out that we are losing the sexual assault counselling team that works out of the local hospital so that they can decrease spending, even though the budgets are in surplus.

The federal govt has ceased a dental scheme that they had run for the last 10 years or so, that let you get part of your dental costs covered if you had a chronic medical condition (like diabetes), because of the number of complications that occur later on from dental problems.. they are putting in a replacement scheme, which conveniently doesn't start until 12 months after they cease the one in place now. Once again.. the budgets are in surplus.

...ever noticed how it is the vulnerable who get fucked over when money 'needs' to be saved?
Miss Absynthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:55 AM   #89
Acharis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Absynthe View Post

We've just found out that we are losing the sexual assault counselling team that works out of the local hospital so that they can decrease spending, even though the budgets are in surplus.

The federal govt has ceased a dental scheme that they had run for the last 10 years or so, that let you get part of your dental costs covered if you had a chronic medical condition (like diabetes), because of the number of complications that occur later on from dental problems.. they are putting in a replacement scheme, which conveniently doesn't start until 12 months after they cease the one in place now. Once again.. the budgets are in surplus.
I don't know how many times I can say 'I don't want to live on this planet anymore' to cover either of those things. FUCKED.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Absynthe View Post
...ever noticed how it is the vulnerable who get fucked over when money 'needs' to be saved?
Always.

Here in Australia Ted Baillieu is cutting the funding to tafes, which means that a sign language for the deaf course was going to be dropped.. Gone. No longer run. Maybe it already has been now, so good luck getting an interpreter in that region.

Now the Government is refusing to commit to funding a housing organisation that gets people out of homelessness, and he's involved with that decision. But he and Bracks spent millions to persist with Myki and there's money for jails... What a short sighted cunt.
Acharis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 05:21 PM   #90
Miss Absynthe

Where in Australia are you? I'm in Bathurst.
Old 09-10-2012, 11:17 PM   #91
Acharis

Melbourne.
My grasp of politics is shaky mind you, but I'm still aware our politicians are doing things that are not cool.
Old 09-11-2012, 01:47 AM   #92
Miss Absynthe

Melbourne?

I'm so sorry.
Old 09-12-2012, 03:19 AM   #93
Acharis

Oh Flying Spaghetti Monster.. More rage.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.n...33265077_n.jpg

Normally I ignore attention seeking shitstains in the hope that they'll go away.. but I keep looking at this 'sugar skull' tattoo on Chris Brown's neck and to me (and others) it still looks disturbingly like a woman with a black eye and a scratched mouth.
You don't have swag Chris - I remember you as a cowardly thug who beat your girlfriend, bruising her face and sending her to hospital. Why is the music industry still supporting this guy, and who the hell is buying his records?

Sorry guys, this person just makes my stomach sour with anger.

At least I'm not alone in it. http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/09/1...against-women/
Old 10-03-2012, 01:20 AM   #94
CuckooTuli

So, the friend mentioned above has been given a year before he has to start "earning" his benefits by jumping through ridic hoops in a country that doesn't have enough jobs for its able fucking bodied population (I won't go into particulars in public on his assessment, as he's concerned about making noise about it in case ATOS catch him slamming them, but it was fucking obscene. Good job we don't have to live in a climate of terror any more, eh). I am so fucking disgusted I can't even right now. And if that weren't enough, he's also losing his house and has 2 weeks to move on (landlord didn't pay the mortgage so it's being repossessed). Just for the icing on the cake, he's supposed to be in the final month of completing his PhD thesis.

I can't fucking believe they're doing this to him NOW, of all times. I'm trying to help out in as many practical ways as possible, but the worst parts are the ones he and everyone behind him are most powerless to fight, being the prerogative of a government who know jack shit and basically openly hate you if you're on benefits for any reason.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:29 PM   #95
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acharis View Post
Oh Flying Spaghetti Monster.. More rage.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.n...33265077_n.jpg

Normally I ignore attention seeking shitstains in the hope that they'll go away.. but I keep looking at this 'sugar skull' tattoo on Chris Brown's neck and to me (and others) it still looks disturbingly like a woman with a black eye and a scratched mouth.
You don't have swag Chris - I remember you as a cowardly thug who beat your girlfriend, bruising her face and sending her to hospital. Why is the music industry still supporting this guy, and who the hell is buying his records?

Sorry guys, this person just makes my stomach sour with anger.

At least I'm not alone in it. http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/09/1...against-women/
The Chris Brown thing is interesting to me, not because I think he deserves a second chance, but other women beaters like Charlie Sheen (who beat multiple women and SHOT one) is awesome and deserves a second, third, fourth chance. Or everyone tells you to shut up about Gary Oldman or Sean Bean or Sean Penn having been abusive in their pasts because its something so small and trivial it doesn't mean anything.

Its almost like there's something about him that supports some kind of stereotype towards men of his background....hmmm...
Old 10-03-2012, 08:48 PM   #96
BourbonBoy

Isn't it obvious? Sheen, Oldman, Penn and Bean bring in way more money than Brown!
Old 10-03-2012, 08:50 PM   #97
Miss Absynthe

Sean Connery WRT to slapping women, he did qualify his statement that slapping a woman was only alright in particular circumstances, but his qualifier was nothing about consent.. apparently it's all ok as long as it is with an open hand -

Quote:
"Women are pretty good at this. They can't leave it [proverbial 'it'] alone. They want to have the last word; then you give them the last word, but they're not happy with the last word. They want to say it again and get into a really provocative situation. Then, I think it's absolutely right."
He was nominated for a Kt twice but vetoed - not because of his views about this, but because of his stance on a free Scotland. He has since been nominated and rewarded a Kt.

Jeremy Irons WRT non-consensual touch:

Quote:
"If a man puts his hand on a woman's bottom, any woman worth her salt can deal with it. It's communication. Can't we be friendly?"
He has been rewarded an Honorary-Life Membership by the University College Dublin Law Society - yes, the fucking LAW SOCIETY.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:53 PM   #98
Miss Absynthe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versus View Post
Holy fuck.

Seriously do not read the comments
My life has been made so much more pleasant by the discovery of a Google Chrome extension that changes the comments in YouTube to random murmurings of "herp derp".
Old 10-03-2012, 09:11 PM   #99
Saya

THE FUCK JEREMY IRONS I LOVED YOU.

Its like the only white guy I'm allowed to like is Patrick Stewart.

Please don't take Patrick Stewart away from me.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:49 PM   #100
Miss Absynthe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
THE FUCK JEREMY IRONS I LOVED YOU.

Its like the only white guy I'm allowed to like is Patrick Stewart.

Please don't take Patrick Stewart away from me.
Patrick Stewart WRT violence towards women:

Quote:
'"...there were those who condoned the abuse. I heard police or ambulance men, standing in our house, say, “She must have provoked him,” or, “Mrs Stewart, it takes two to make a fight.” They had no idea. The truth is my mother did nothing to deserve the violence she endured. She did not provoke my father, and even if she had, violence is an unacceptable way of dealing with conflict. Violence is a choice a man makes and he alone is responsible for it.” Patrick Stewart'
However, I have heard gossip that he made a racial insensitive comment during filming of an episode of Star Trek, and when he was pulled up about it HE NOT ONLY TOOK RESPONSIBILITY FOR WHAT HE'D SAID, BUT HE APOLOGISED!

The NERVE of the man!