Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 05-21-2013, 04:29 PM   #1
Saya

Magical Girl Anime

So I've been watching Puella Magi Madoka Magica and been wanting to get back into Sailor Moon, and was looking around for other magical girl anime to get into, and I found Wedding Peach.

She turns into a magical bride and kills devils with love beams from her bouquet.

This is ridiculous and I can't stop watching.

But I'm starting to think its the best genre of anime ever.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:46 PM   #2
Solumina

I feel compelled to watch it
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:13 AM   #3
Saya

Solumina

There's one that fights with something called Saint Lip Liner

You know you have to watch now.

Also they first have a transformation sequence into a big wedding dress, then quickly realize "hey its really hard to walk in this dress" and have a SECOND transformation sequence into their battle dresses. The third girl to join makes like five steps in her big wedding dress before realizing "Oh fuck this shit". I feel compelled to time it to see how many minutes per episode they could save if they only transformed into their battle dresses.
Old 05-22-2013, 03:35 PM   #4
GothicGeek

Sailor Moon is classic and has a special place in my heart for being my first anime at 6 years old. I was so disappointed the 2013 reboot got delayed.

Anyway, I never could get into Wedding Peach(too girly for my tastes); but if you're still looking for more Magical Girl anime, I recommend Card Captor Sakura, Revolutionary Girl Utena(this one is a bit a mind screw if you're into that), and Magic Knight Rayearth.

Those are the only one's I could get into; Magical Girl is one of my least favorite genres because it tends to get sickeningly girly and flashy, but I also recommend Tokyo Mew Mew and the Pretty Cure series(there's a lot of them).
GothicGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:02 PM   #5
Saya

Omg I used to LOOOOOOVE Cardcaptor Sakura. I watched the english dub on Teletoon though, I'll definitely have to watch the sub.

I started watching Utena but I didn't get into it. I'll watch more later but I think it might just be the animation style. Also been watching Puella Magi Madoka Magica but its so depressing I'm staggering it.

I've been meaning to watch Sailor Moon again before the new series starts, and read the manga, so while the delay is sad it gives me more time. Plus I was surprised when they announced it, it seemed so soon?
Old 05-22-2013, 05:52 PM   #6
Murder.Of.Crows

I loved magic knight rayearth as a wee toddler. By chance, have you seen the ova? Personally, if my memory serves right, i prefered it.

Sailor moon once saved my life, but i never finished the series.
Old 05-24-2013, 11:56 AM   #7
GothicGeek

Saya-Yeah, the dub is very nostalgic and I still haven't seen the Japanese version either. It was a mess, but the great voice acting and the theme song made up for it.

Murder.Of.Crows-I still haven't finished it(don't know why). I'm only half way through season 1 and I've heard the OVA was better than the series, but I'll see for myself. Gonna finally get around to playing the video game too.
GothicGeek is offline   Reply With Quote