Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 09-01-2005, 08:00 PM   #1
Dark Screwed-up Mind

Question Whats your favorite anime show?

i'm curious to know what other people like cause i like alot of anime.
Dark Screwed-up Mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 08:40 PM   #2
mlwlildevil

Wolf's Rain was easily the best though I love that show =^.^=

and Inuyasha can bite me. way too much publicity for a show {in my opinion} that isn;'t even that good..
mlwlildevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 09:55 PM   #3
winged_dreams

I like Inuyasha but I love the naughty fan fiction the best. *coughs* yaoi *coughs*

MrMaelstrom: Er... are you lactating?

Elite "No Clue What the Number Is"
winged_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 10:30 PM   #4
Spazik

^Ugh, I'll pass on Inuyasha, Dragon Ball Z, Trigun, etc. I'm mostly into the higher grade stuff, like Cowboy Bebop, and the classic movies like Akira and Ninja Scroll. They have this new one on Adult swim called "Samurai Champloo" that's wicked sick.
Spazik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 10:31 PM   #5
Spazik

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlwlildevil
Wolf's Rain was easily the best though I love that show =^.^=

and Inuyasha can bite me. way too much publicity for a show {in my opinion} that isn;'t even that good..
Wolf's Rain is fucking tight
Old 09-02-2005, 11:43 AM   #6
Spazik

^agreed. I don't know exactly how to quantify it, but theres a certain low-quality, childish, lame nerdiness to all the DBZ/Inuyasha type shows.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:32 PM   #7
FenrisQueen

Definitely agree with Winged, yaoi is fun. I love Gravitation, FAKE, Fruits Basket, and Inu-Yasha (Sesshoumaru baby)

I usually stick to manga though.
Truth, justice, honor...none of that's worth shit. What matters is people, and people aren't honest or just or honorable. They're petty and they're angry and they're afraid, and all anyone really wants, deep down, is to be wanted. And what's truth to that?
FenrisQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 11:34 PM   #8
Bodnoirbabe

Hellsing for the win, yo!

and i will always have a place in my heart for sailormoon.

X was really good too.

My friend is NUTS for Getbackers
Bodnoirbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 03:13 PM   #9
Alain

Lain
Ghost in the Shell, and Stand-Alone Complex
Hellsing
Cowboy Bebop
Kare Kano
Perect Blue
Jin Roh
Blood
FMA
Shingetsutan Tsukihime
ROD the OVA
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 04:23 PM   #10
DeathsLoneyChild

manga rox!!! :P
DeathsLoneyChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 04:57 PM   #11
wikked

Inuyasha is okay, just overrated. My favorite anime series were probably everything I saw on Cartoon Network about a year ago- haven't had it since back then, and been too poor to go buy any videos.

As far as movies go, my favorite is Vampire Hunter D. Hentai is good stuff. On myspace, my headline used to be "Got Tentacles?"
wikked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 11:32 AM   #12
NoneSuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by winged_dreams
I like Inuyasha but I love the naughty fan fiction the best. *coughs* yaoi *coughs*
Yay Yaoi ;-)

Ermm *cough* anyway !

Hellsing has to be one of my favourites
NoneSuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 11:49 PM   #13
Black Gestalt

Show? Can't say I could tell you a show. Movie wise though, Ghost in the Shell or Naussica and the Valley of the Wind.
Black Gestalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 01:29 AM   #14
pitseleh

I'm not a huge anime-fan as such, but the series I've watched (downloaded) and liked the most are Full Metal Alchemist and Ghost in the Shell: Stand-Alone Complex.

Except for those crazy merchandised kids' shows, there is no anime on TV in Norway. But then again, I don't watch TV.
pitseleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 01:48 PM   #15
magic_mushroom

Hmm, I would say Decendants of Darkness and Berserk <3
magic_mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 03:18 PM   #16
soggypicklemuncher

Berserk was really cool. I haven't even made it a habit to follow a series, but I did watch most if not all episodes of Cowoby Bebop. And my friend got me wanting to see GANTZ Crew by showing me a few fansubbed episodes. It would be nice to have my own computer, so I could actually install software and download things.

You only see what you want to believe
When you creep from the back
I got tricks up my sleeve
24/7 the devil's best friend
It makes no difference
It's all the same in the end

-"Same in the End" by Sublime
soggypicklemuncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 07:30 PM   #17
Binkie

Dragon Ball Z was one of those shows I used to make fun of all the time when Cartoon Network ran it practically 24/7... yet I spent alot of time watching it cause I had nothing else better to do at 1am in the morning.

But in my own defense, you sorta HAD to watch like 9 episodes just to see the entirety of a single fight. :P
"[Brian Blair] was a punk. I can break his fucking back - break his back and make him humble and then fuck his ass ... Suplex him, put him in a camel clutch, break his back, and fuck his ass - make him humble. Teach him to respect the Iron Sheik. And I didn't do it, because for the God and Jesus, and Mr. McMahon." -Khosrow Vaziri (The Iron Sheik)
Binkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 07:33 PM   #18
Binkie

Errr... does Speed Racer count? That was another show I used to watch quite a bit about 7-8 years ago when one of the networks was running it non-stop.
"[Brian Blair] was a punk. I can break his fucking back - break his back and make him humble and then fuck his ass ... Suplex him, put him in a camel clutch, break his back, and fuck his ass - make him humble. Teach him to respect the Iron Sheik. And I didn't do it, because for the God and Jesus, and Mr. McMahon." -Khosrow Vaziri (The Iron Sheik)
Old 09-18-2005, 07:28 AM   #19
pitseleh

Ooh, Binkie! Your old-skool avatar (from our short period of confused animosity, remember? Hehe..) just reminded me of my first exposure to anime: Silver Fang. About this super-dog with that name, his brave master that he leaves behind to follow this pack of canine companions in fighting emormous evil bears in the mountains. I think I saw that around '88 - '89, on VHS. Around the same period as Robotech maybe? Anyway, it was so cool...
pitseleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 08:47 AM   #20
DirtNap

Trigun, Cowboy BeBop, Laputa: Castle in the Sky
DirtNap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 09:25 PM   #21
Black Gestalt

Yeah, Laputa was good too. Miyazaki is a good director.
Black Gestalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 09:11 AM   #22
Raven113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alain
Lain
Ghost in the Shell, and Stand-Alone Complex
Hellsing
Cowboy Bebop
Kare Kano
Perfect Blue
Jin Roh
Blood

Good taste here. Samurai Champloo is terrific, I've really been enjoying it.

The show that's missing in this thread is Neon Genesis: Evangelion
My favorite anime series by far.

Anyone who hasn't seen it, do yourself a favor, take a day/night off and watch all 26 episodes and the two movies in one long bender of a marathon.

I promise that the fifteen minutes, after the 26th episode and before the movies, will be worth it. People react differently to this little space of time. I sat in my chair for the fifteen minutes trying to compile all the pieces into one big picture that I could grasp. My good friend Matt got an energy boost and moved around the room like he'd just taken a two foot line. My friend Duckie (Yes, that's his name), on the other hand, just laid down on the couch and cried for a while. If you remain unaffected by the series at this point in time, don't watch the movies, go back to start and try again (you've probably missed too many of the tiny details).

The movies are just a layman's version of the last three episodes, spelling out what happened.

Oh, and the series Gasaraki is pretty good. It's kind of like Eva light.

Raven113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 04:57 AM   #23
Aleister

The best animes are Hellsing (but the Manga is much better), X and Inuyasha.
Aleister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 06:31 AM   #24
jack_spicer

Well, sorry dudes, but I hafta say my all-time fave Anime is indeed DragonBall Z, even if there were like 18 eps for a 5-min fight. X^P I also like a big ton of other Anime like Silent Mobius, Dual!, Yu-Gi-Oh! (Manga only; the dub sux), S-CRY-ed (even if it's not making much sense), FullMetal Alchemist, Trigun, Sailor Moon (mostly the Manga since the dub sux, too), umm... Inu-Yasha is DEFINITELY overrated, although I do like Sesshomaru and Miroku. I also like Tenchi Muyo!, and uhh... ooh, better not say THAT one. *gets death glares from everyone* There's a buncha gn's I read that I haven't seen yet, like Prince of Tennis (hey, I like playing tennis!!), Blade of Heaven, Magic Knight Rayearth, Fushigi Yuugi, among others.
Non-Anime shows I like?? Not many, but some are Xiaolin Showdown (OBVIOUSLY!! *points at username), South Park and... and... mind's blank, so I guess that's all I'll list.
jack_spicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 02:46 PM   #25
Binkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack_spicer
my all-time fave Anime is indeed DragonBall Z, even if there were like 18 eps for a 5-min fight. X^P
Lol. S'cause every damn jump kick or fireball was animated in ultra-slow motion. Which meant everytime one of the characters would leap into the air during a fight, I'd get up and go something to eat or drink out of the fridge cause I knew I had a good 2 minutes before there would be an actual on-screen result. :P

Seriously, there's only so many times you can intercut between a wide-eyed character with the deer in the headlights look and another with a victorious grin on his face. Oy.