Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 09-04-2009, 08:44 AM   #1
Cupid's Corpse.

Demonia Platform Boots.

I recently bought a pair of Demonia Concords.
I haven't worn them yet.. as I've been waiting until September 9th, I have very important plans for that date..
Anyway, I have a few questions:

How long do they last?
Could I wear them daily?
Has anyone had any problems with the boot?
Does the heel seperate from the boot? (This has happened with my previous platforms and I can't find anything to hold them back together.)

I've heard about 50/50 from both sides already so I would love to hear from anyone else. Thank you.
Cupid's Corpse. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 06:02 PM   #2
Mz Devildoll

I do not have those boots personally. But I do have other similar Demonia boots. Boots like that are not meant to be long lasting. They are supposed to be worn on special occasions. The sole WILL come off if you were them 24/7. However, If you were them 2-3 times a week. Take them off when your home. When they necessarily don't have to be on. That way they last you a long long time. If the sole does break though (from experience) Take them to a shoe repair. Not expensive and your georgeous boots look brand new!!

How long do they last? They last you forever if you PROPERLY TAKE CARE OF THEM
Could I wear them daily? IF YOUR NOT RUNNING AROUND AND YOU TAKE THEM OFF AFTER A COUPLE OF HOURS SURE. (NOT RECOMMENDED)
Has anyone had any problems with the boot? NOT YET ; D
Does the heel seperate from the boot? IF YOU WERE THEM EVERYWHERE ALL THEY TIME YES.... BUT IF SO... SHOE REPAIRS ARE AWESOME!!!
Mz Devildoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 05:04 PM   #3
Autumn Light

I've worn them and they are beautiful. My only issue is make sure it's a teeny bit bigger than your foot or it will start to hurt after a day or so. I tend to take them off in the middle of class under my desk sometimes because of this. Beware of stairs. Otherwise, they are good shoes, if not a bit heavy, but I can get a light jog in them. I don't wear them THAT often so the heel isn't seperating. You can wear them daily, but I wouldn't recommend it unless they are sized correctly.

/wearing mine now ^^
Autumn Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 08:03 PM   #4
CarrionCorpse

I have a pair of monster Demonia boots(7 in) I've had them for roughly 2 years now, and I used to wear them about 5 days out of every week, and had no problems with them aside from the heel on the inside of the boot pulling down(which I've heard has happend to others I know who have similiar pairs of Demonia boots, but it's probably just from excessive wear.lol). Other than that though, they are fantastic! Demonia is a good place to get any kind of footwear. Also, you should check out SinisterSoles.com
CarrionCorpse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 08:35 AM   #5
Stormtrooper of Death

US Army Combat boots do it for me, rugged, reliable and they last for ever, provided you clean and polish them.
Old 06-09-2010, 04:54 PM   #6
Angelic Dissonance

I've been wondering about this, too..... Why can't I find buckled boots anywhere but the internet!? Buckles are AWESOME!!!!! I've been considering Demonia for a long time, now, but I've always wondered if they were worth the price.... I like the ones with 6 buckles a peice, and the metal plates on the fronts. If only I could just find some good Biker boots with buckles, though.... but I can't!!!!!![Too much time on the internet has resulted in three exclamation points no longer sufficing--it's a syndrome]
Angelic Dissonance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 04:14 PM   #7
MaggotQueen

Location: A medieval monarch's cadaver underneath your bed amongst the oh so poetic-tongued dust bunnies
I ordered these boots from Amazon last month and received them two days later. They're the best I've got! (And trust me, I have plenty)
When you first put them on, you'll have to adjust the straps to fit your leg snugly (especially around the toe-area because since the heel is elevated, your feet might slide forward and become uncomfortable--once you adjust them though, they become no problem at all). The platforms themselves seem sturdy and not bound to fall off (I've had these for not too long so I have no say in this). Getting used to them is easy. You'll be hella taller, which is always an amazing feeling. I don't know how long they will last but in a day, I've worn them for hours with no problems. Just make sure you wear thin long socks underneath or pants tucked in because the zipper rubs against the calf area and become sore after a while. I see no problem in daily wear. You'll get lots of compliments. And be careful not to tell anyone where you got them or else the trend will spread and they won't be ask unique!

Oh yeah, and the smell so freaking delicious once you remove them from their huge shoebox...
MaggotQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 01:01 PM   #8
Sukkamielli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelic Dissonance View Post
I've been wondering about this, too..... Why can't I find buckled boots anywhere but the internet!? Buckles are AWESOME!!!!! I've been considering Demonia for a long time, now, but I've always wondered if they were worth the price.... I like the ones with 6 buckles a piece, and the metal plates on the fronts. If only I could just find some good Biker boots with buckles, though.... but I can't!!!!!![Too much time on the internet has resulted in three exclamation points no longer sufficing--it's a syndrome]
I've got some awesome buckled 8" demonias which i would wear everyday if i could get away with them at work. But if you haven't found it already may I share a little secret?
http://www.alternative-footwear.co.uk this is the manufacturers own site, not only do they sell the perfect ones at major discount (even with conversion and international shipping should you so chose) they also occasionally sell off their seconds at fractions of the standard retail price. And, awesomely their sale is sorted by size!
Sukkamielli is offline   Reply With Quote