Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 04-17-2011, 10:34 PM   #5601
Saya

I am so fucking sick of Martin Luther. I have my Christian Reformation exam tomorrow and after that, I never want to hear his name again.

But I know I will. I went to my dad's house today for an aaaaawkward dinner, and of course all I could talk about was Martin fucking Luther. He will haunt me til the end of my days.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 10:45 PM   #5602
Sir Canvas Corpsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
I am so fucking sick of Martin Luther. I have my Christian Reformation exam tomorrow and after that, I never want to hear his name again.

But I know I will. I went to my dad's house today for an aaaaawkward dinner, and of course all I could talk about was Martin fucking Luther. He will haunt me til the end of my days.
I feel your pain. I really do.
Old 04-18-2011, 10:47 PM   #5603
korinna5555

I have another fucking migraine.
Old 04-19-2011, 02:15 AM   #5604
Fruitbat

I'm angry and I really want to rant but what's the point?

let it go batty... let it go.

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 03:27 PM   #5605
Angelic Dissonance2

I FUCKING OVERBURDENED MYSELF this year. It was stupid.

Even more stupid that I didn't just switch to less rigorous courses.

ALSO I FUCKING MISSED GETTING FREE FUCKING HOT DOGS IN MY OWN FUCKING NEIGHBORHOOD, AND MOST LIKELY MYSELF RAPPING ON KET BITCH!!!!
Angelic Dissonance2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 12:08 AM   #5606
Saya

The apartment building caught fire earlier, it started in the laundry room and it was kinda scary because my apartment is just two doors down across the hall, but luckily the fire didn't spread that far, went up to the apartment above and stopped there, from what I'm told their apartment isn't too badly damaged. It was a few hours before they let us in but I just went to visit a friend while I waited, after a cop told me my apartment was fine and the cat was probably okay, but I couldn't go in and check.

ANYWAY, still smells like smoke in here and my eyes are irritated as hell. Couldn't wait the week or two until I moved out.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:39 AM   #5607
Versus

My calves have taken the shape of my boots, again. -_-;
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 03:08 AM   #5608
Fruitbat

Angry again. Got called sulky and moody but really there is no point in arguing or talking because it changes nothing! because he refuses to listen.

Old 04-22-2011, 04:39 PM   #5609
korinna5555

One of the guys I knew through the Deathrock community on Facebook (he also happens to live in Richmond, we were planning a meetup) passed away yesterday morning, due to complications of pneumonia. I'm just.. blown away.
Just when I thought this week couldn't get worse.

Rest in Peace, Bryce.
Old 04-22-2011, 05:23 PM   #5610
Versus

Quote:
Originally Posted by korinna5555 View Post
One of the guys I knew through the Deathrock community on Facebook (he also happens to live in Richmond, we were planning a meetup) passed away yesterday morning, due to complications of pneumonia. I'm just.. blown away.
Just when I thought this week couldn't get worse.

Rest in Peace, Bryce.
When it rains, it pours? I know the feeling.

Were the two of you close?
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 10:17 PM   #5611
Solumina

Work has been crazy this past week and a half (hence why I haven't been posting much). I'm tired, I'm stressed, I've exhausted, and I only have one day of before I have to go back, for a fucking morning shift on a holiday.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 06:05 PM   #5612
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Got free coffee from Starbucks for Earth Day, but then it went downhill from there:

Get up at 5 AM and work until 4:30 PM (almost 12 hour day).

After work I start working to fix water heater.

Toddler grandson (we think) turns off the water heater pilot knob. My daughter got careless not watching him in the garage, so now Grandpa can't get the pilot to relight.

Buy new thermocouple for $9. Still no luck.

Turn off water heater cold water inlet valve to prepare to drain water heater, but valve has not been turned at all since we bought the house 11 years ago and is so corroded it only shuts off partially, still allowing a significant amount of water to flow into tank.

Shut off house water main in garage, drain water heater, remove thermostat to replace it. Go to several hardware stores, but turns out that even though Whirlpool, Carrier and other brands sell individual thermostats (for only $58), our vendor, Rheem does not. One must order the damn thing online, pay $105 and wait weeks or pay a surcharge and wait 3 days.

Go home and reinstall broken thermostat so I can at least turn water main back on (the temperature sensor screws through a hole in the side of the tank) and we can flush toilets etc.

Water main shutoff valve is also as old as water heater inlet valve. While trying to turn main water back on the knob interior screw breaks.

Can no longer turn house water back on.

Go to front lawn and shut off water main from street onto our property. This allows me to remove shutoff valve that broke and go to hardware store.

Find exact same size valve for $18. Go home and try to install new valve, but it has more threads tapped per inch than cursed original and so I cannot install it.

Disassemble old valve. Remove broken thread and valve disk. Reassemble diskless valve and reinstall. It will always be on but now I can at least turn street valve back on and get water to house.

Turn water on and family team is assigned to various bathrooms etc to watch for continuation of Murphy's Law and subsequent leaks, explosions, Acts of God.

Water comes on, water heater fills up OK, everything seems to actually be OK as pressure resumes, except we still have no hot water and now we have to use the street shut off valve instead of the interior house valve.

I instruct everyone how to shut off water under new arrangement should it be necessary whilst I am 75 miles away in work. I am now shopping for a new water heater and expect that whatever the cost will be, it will be double when including plumber's labor to install it. Old water heater was 83 gallons. New one will probably be 75 gallon (100 gallon is over $1000 US).

We will be running this way for a few days. We move the microwave oven to the upstairs master bathroom so we can heat large plastic bowls of water for bath or shampooing or shaving etc. it takes 30 bowls to fill up the bath halfway, enough to cover legs sitting down.

It is going to be a long week.

ARGH!

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 07:38 PM   #5613
Timeless Rebellion

Sinus infection broke out past midnight. The docor's and all the stores are closed. So no nose spray or antibiotica for a while.
It is now 4:37 and the stores open at 8. So I have no relief of this pain for quite some time...
I cannot sleep, and it feels like my jaw/skull is simultaniously burning, exploding and itching on the inside.
FML.
Forget me not, and keep my memory.
Timeless Rebellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 08:49 AM   #5614
Ben Lahnger

Solumina, that sucks. Especially having only one day off then working on a holiday morning. That single day off really doesn't allow you to get rested. I hope you get caught up on sleep/relaxation sometime soon.

Humane Pain - WHOA! Man, that is a buncha crap. I'm really sorry to hear you went through all that. It sucks.

Let me just say, as I read through that nightmare procession of failures, that part of me was jealously impressed with your skillful and knowledgeable handling of a fairly complex plumbing disaster.

It might not mean much, but by the time I read that your toddler grandson had turned off the pilot knob and I was thinking about myself finding that the pilot wouldn't relight, I'd have been waving the white flag and calling the plumber right then.

I know that you spent a lot of time and some additional money to arrive at a point that is worse than when you started and will still require a plumber, but I've got to imagine that over the years you have used that same skill-set and tackled these difficult home upkeep jobs, and it has saved your family some significant amounts of money and hardship.

Just remember, this too shall pass.

(BTW, it occurs to me that those old valves probably would have failed/broke for the plumber too.)

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 10:03 AM   #5615
Solumina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger View Post
Solumina, that sucks. Especially having only one day off then working on a holiday morning. That single day off really doesn't allow you to get rested. I hope you get caught up on sleep/relaxation sometime soon.
Yeah I'm very much still tired, instead of going to bed really early I decided it was a much better use of my time to hang out with an old friend, make cookies, drink wine, and watch Dr. Who. I was rather surprised by how quickly the two of us finished off that bottle but it was rather yummy. While I’m not physically rested I do feel quite emotionally rejuvenated, an evening spent catching up with Caity was just what I needed (though it would have been nice to have a day of rest too). It was a shame to cut things off somewhat early but I’ll be seeing her again in a couple of days.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 11:42 AM   #5616
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger View Post
[b]

Humane Pain

I know that you spent a lot of time and some additional money to arrive at a point that is worse than when you started and will still require a plumber...

(BTW, it occurs to me that those old valves probably would have failed/broke for the plumber too.)
Right, this way when he says "oh, and besides the heater you also meed to replace x, y and z" I can believe him.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 12:11 PM   #5617
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
While I’m not physically rested I do feel quite emotionally rejuvenated, an evening spent catching up with Caity was just what I needed (though it would have been nice to have a day of rest too).
Plus, I'm a firm believer in the restorative power of WHO.

As Craig Ferguson says, it's all about "the triumph of intellect and romance over brute force and cynicism."

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Old 04-24-2011, 02:10 PM   #5618
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
Yeah I'm very much still tired, instead of going to bed really early I decided it was a much better use of my time to hang out with an old friend, make cookies, drink wine, and watch Dr. Who. I was rather surprised by how quickly the two of us finished off that bottle but it was rather yummy. While I’m not physically rested I do feel quite emotionally rejuvenated, an evening spent catching up with Caity was just what I needed (though it would have been nice to have a day of rest too). It was a shame to cut things off somewhat early but I’ll be seeing her again in a couple of days.
hehehehe, I'm too used to "watching Dr. Who" being a code phrase for something else.
Old 04-24-2011, 08:07 PM   #5619
CarrionCorpse

My boyfriend of almost 4 years told me today that I'm a shitty girlfriend.
CarrionCorpse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 09:27 PM   #5620
ape descendant

That blows, did he say why? Or is he just being an asshole...

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 10:05 PM   #5621
Fruitbat

Giving everyone a big squishy hugs.

Tomorrow is a new day and it will all be different.

Humane - sounds like you need bucket showers - one bucket of water and a fash washer and a bar of soap - or you could go to a camping store and get a solar shower (not sure if they have them there)

Old 04-24-2011, 10:07 PM   #5622
CarrionCorpse

No reason.
He did apologize when we talked on the phone a little bit ago though.
Still was an asshattish thing to do I'd say, but oh well...
CarrionCorpse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 10:27 PM   #5623
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
I have had acid Indigestion all day,the day after I had pizza. This latest incident has confirmed that pizza gives me acid indigestion, because over the past year every single pizza I've eaten has given me acid indigestion.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 11:25 PM   #5624
Ben Lahnger

I've seen people improvise solar showers with heavy duty black trash bags ... that's assuming HP is somewhere warm enough where leaving that bag out in the sun will actually effectively heat the water inside of it.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 04-25-2011, 04:22 AM   #5625
Fruitbat

Solar showers can also be lengths of black irrigation pipe laid out in the sun - but I'm guessing from the heating the water in the microwave statement that it's pretty cold where Humane hails from.

In my old house the hot water system blew in winter and I was showering very quickly in cold water when it was about 5 degrees C but that's as cold as I ever want to shower - okay it was a dare from Mr Bat, but I won it and... well I won't tell you what my prize was, but I got to have my way with him... I think that was the last time he dared me too...