Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 07-08-2009, 01:42 PM   #1
Logger

May I cut in?

What do I do to fill my time? Logging, some metalwork, whatever it takes. I also go to college full time for forestry. Yeah, I like being by myself in the woods. My hobbies run the gamut from reading to shooting, with a lot in between. I enjoy doing things with my family, and my wife has a dark side as well, so we have some bizarre family fun.

Where am I from? Any dark woods is home for me. Right now my wife, and two wild men live in Penns Woods. Moving up to Sleepy Hollow land in about a year and a half.

My favorite author? To be honest, Hemingway, but I can enjoy most any book.

Favorite film? Young Frankenstein. Yes, I love the absurd

Music I want played at my wedding? Moonlight Sonata. It has been played already, many moons ago.

Music at my funeral? Whatever the hell anyone who is partying there wants.
Except rap. I'll haunt them for that if they do.

How do I want to die? Violent explosion, or perhaps fighting off a pack of wolves somewhere in the far north. Either way, something cool for my kids to talk about.

What kind of casket? Oak, Dark stained finish. Filled with C4, set to go off once I'm in the hole. Kind of a grand finale. However, if my previously mentioned death was a violent enough explosion, this one will be kind of pointless. But still fun.

Favorite outfit? Black button down shirt, Black jeans, Black loggers boots. Yeah, boring I know, but the work I do doesn't lend itself to dressing like Gomez Addams.

What do you miss most about being a kid? Innocence.

Favorite Band: I know I'm gonna get things thrown at me for this but..Johnny Cash. Yes, I do like Siouxie and Bauhaus, Also Evanescence, Beethoven Bach and Chopin, depends on the day.

Education? Went back to college just last year, majoring in Forestry.

Why did I join? I went on the site a few times, and saw some interesting threads. I have always had a dark side, and appreciate things that the mainstream does not.
Logger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 01:54 PM   #2
Godslayer Jillian

Such as?...

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 02:16 PM   #3
Logger

The bare leafless trees of late autumn, an abandoned cemetery, with limestone markers so old that the dates are worn off, the sticky sweet smell of blood, the feeling at below zero temps of your face starting to freeze, coyotes howling outside your camp, hearing noise out in the bush, and not knowing what it is; these are a few of my favorite things.
Old 07-08-2009, 02:17 PM   #4
Malice In Wonderland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logger View Post

Music at my funeral? Whatever the hell anyone who is partying there wants.
Except rap. I'll haunt them for that if they do.

Why did I join? I went on the site a few times, and saw some interesting threads. I have always had a dark side, and appreciate things that the mainstream does not
These two things rate pretty high in things that piss me the fuck off.

I'mma give it more time before I turn all your threads into shrine to Rudimentary Peni.

"One mohawk wasn't enough to keep up with how badass he is so he had to get two." - Haunted House, about me, YEAH, ME!

Terror Nuclear,Terror Nuclear
Malice In Wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 02:23 PM   #5
Logger

Would you have preferred I lied and said something utterly false?
Old 07-08-2009, 02:30 PM   #6
Malice In Wonderland

No.
I'd prefer it if you didn't come across as pretentious by saying you have a "dark side."

And mentioning how much you hate rap.

"One mohawk wasn't enough to keep up with how badass he is so he had to get two." - Haunted House, about me, YEAH, ME!

Terror Nuclear,Terror Nuclear
Malice In Wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote